Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Was he really rated that highly? Most people on this forum didn't even know who he was when he signed. I thought the likes of Trincao and Gedson Fernandes were rated more highly for instance, but those are just a few I heard really good things about I guess.
He was definitely rated that highly here. He was the best player in both the U17 Euros and U19 Euros that this generation won.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
He's either stagnated or regressed in the past year. Always looked like the clear standout in this Portugal generation but not anymore.

Hopefully it's just a bad streak and he can pick it up for the rest of the World Cup.
Unfortunately, I was thinking the same after watching him regress through the season (especially in terms of decision-making, confidence and seeming a second late to things) — and then catching the highlights vs. South Korea and Argentina. Vinagre appeared to be a better and more active fullback through a comparable period of time for Wolves (almost like a younger avatar of Robertson) and now looks a bit brighter with the U-20 team, too. Hope Dalot's regression (or bad streak of form) corrects itself after a somewhat disorderly introduction to English football and isn't the sign of a more profound malaise.

Vissy

Dalot wasn't so bad in the U20s against S. Korea and Argentina. Defensively solid and looked to have ability going forward, but he was not well served by Portugal's attacks mostly going down the left hand side where Jota was. I'm not sure where the "regression" narrative is coming from - is there anything concrete that you could provide to showcase that?

Pereira is ‘only’ 25 too. And we’re faced with having to splash out on yet another right back this summer anyway. Our transfer dealings have been fecking baffling for years now.
Not for me with Dalot, he’s a young kid and is an intelligent footballer already. Have absolutely no problem with United spending small(ish) sums on the likes of him or Daniel James. Dalot will be a very good player in the future, probably be another season until he comes into his own as a defender.
What we should have done 3 years ago was to buy an experienced right back once we gave up on Rafael and were solely relying on Valencia.

It’s only been made into a weird situation now because we’ve allowed Valencia to run himself into the ground and over the hill.

Irwin99

I’m not knocking him as he’s a kid learning his trade, adapting to a new country etc. But for feck sake, he barely did anything of note this season other than look really shaky defensively . Genuinely struggle to remember his good moments.

We are going into a new season with massive problems if he and Young are our right backs. Which is probably what’s going to happen.

PaulRich

Article makes out like he's got a devine right to a chance in a starting berth. He's still very much in the 'must do better' category for me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It wouldn't surprise me if Ethan Laird jumped ahead of him in the pecking order.

Loublaze

ATLien
Article makes out like he's got a devine right to a chance in a starting berth. He's still very much in the 'must do better' category for me.
He can do better, but I think he'll end up being a backup RW

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What does the future hold for him at OT if we're smashing the world record fee for a full back on a 21 year old. Dalot as understudy and Young to never play at right back again, perhaps?

I don't think Dalot is cut out for other roles. He's definitely not comfortable at left back and he's hardly a winger.

reddevil702

What does the future hold for him at OT if we're smashing the world record fee for a full back on a 21 year old. Dalot as understudy and Young to never play at right back again, perhaps?

I don't think Dalot is cut out for other roles. He's definitely not comfortable at left back and he's hardly a winger.
I think he will end up being a better RB than AWB. He has had some decent performances at LB though so hopefully we can utilize him as a backup for either FB position.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think at some point in the season, fans will be calling for him when both our FBs are producing very little in attacking areas.

deleon

Anyone likes to experiment? If we don't sign a right winger this summer, let's start both and play with three fullbacks. A back five of:

Shaw Lindelof Smalling/[new signing] Dalot Wan-Bissaka

It looks stupid and there are lots of ways it could go wrong. But I like the idea of two right-backs forming an "x" in attack, with Dalot running diagonally towards the byline for width and Wan-Bissaka drifting in-field as he apparently does. Virtually impossible to track and at least one of them would manage to rush back when we lose possession.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

United should have two players for ever position.

arthurka

He will get plenty of games, both on the left and the right.
Plus if we need attacking he will play.

Bwuk

Anyone likes to experiment? If we don't sign a right winger this summer, let's start both and play with three fullbacks. A back five of:

It looks stupid and there are lots of ways it could go wrong. But I like the idea of two right-backs forming an "x" in attack, with Dalot running diagonally towards the byline for width and Wan-Bissaka drifting in-field as he apparently does. Virtually impossible to track and at least one of them would manage to rush back when we lose possession.
You are a visionary...

Steven Seagull

I think that could work with the keepers too. Recall Henderson and him and De Gea could guard a post each. Who better to learn from than one of the worlds best?

joedirt87

Well with AWB sown up looks increasingly like he will either be cover at the full back position or a right winger. Hope he gets a chance in preseason to compete for the starting job on the right.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

Yeah, he was talked as "the best young RB in Europe" 1 year ago. Now, AWB coming in for a world record fee, what does that mean for Dalot? He was very good in attacking sense in a couple of games last season, has quite good crossing and knowing Wan-Bissaka is a defensive full-back, it seems they complement each other very well. But we have to have a consistent first 11 and only one can play at a time. Hope he doesn't get wasted.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Well with AWB sown up looks increasingly like he will either be cover at the full back position or a right winger. Hope he gets a chance in preseason to compete for the starting job on the right.
We are going to have a lot of games next season. Even as second choice RB he'll play more than enough.

MadMike

To be fair his performances last season showed that he can't be relied as a starter for the RB position. That's the reality. Defensively he was not very astute. He showed more promise in a more advanced position, either as RM or an attacking RWB.

He'll still get plenty of minutes.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

Young has done a lot better at RB than most give him credit for, however, he is a winger. I would like to see him make his appearances this year in his natural position as either a sub or the odd start to keep younger legs fresh. He has a good engine and could possibly play in a role that Park used to play when up against big teams...

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

A back 5? No thanks. Too defensive and it invites too much pressure...

Allas8

A back 5? No thanks. Too defensive and it invites too much pressure...
It wont be our primary strategy, but against both Chelsea and Wolves im sure 343/352 will be a real considerations, both AWB and Dalot might endup starting together these two games.

sp_107

what about 3-4-3 ?

------------Martial ----------Rashford---------
---------------------Bruno ---------------------
--Shaw------Tielemans--------Partey------Dalot
-----------Toby ---Lindelöf----AWB-------------

With Pogba(150) and Lukaku(70) money we could almost buy the above 5 players

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
It wont be our primary strategy, but against both Chelsea and Wolves im sure 343/352 will be a real considerations, both AWB and Dalot might endup starting together these two games.
I absolutely hate a back 5 regardless of the competition. I think we should always start in our strongest/best formation and make adjustments if needed. I don't mind player changes for big games. For example, if we are playing a team like Liverpool who have FB's who love to get into the attack, then I wouldn't mind seeing someone with a good engine who can get up and down the field. Someone like Young on the RW to match up with Robertson. But I absolutely hate a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. Let's call it what it is. A 5-3-2 or 5-2-3. If we are to play a real 3 man back line then for me it's with one centre half and 2 FB's. Then it is an attacking formation. But yeah, that would be suicide and only something to go to when chasing a game late on...

joedirt87

In general I do not like 3/5 in the back, and truly detest any United lineup that has us playing more of our current CB’s.

Based Adnan

Will be very useful next season. Can cover both fullback positions as well as right wing. Also probably the better option at fullback if we play 3 at the back.

Red00012

what about 3-4-3 ?

------------Martial ----------Rashford---------
---------------------Bruno ---------------------
--Shaw------Tielemans--------Partey------Dalot
-----------Toby ---Lindelöf----AWB-------------

With Pogba(150) and Lukaku(70) money we could almost buy the above 5 players
2 Small problems
5 of those don’t play for the club , 2nd of all putting AWB as a centre back:lol::lol::nono:
You might want to do some research on his height perhaps and the fact he hasn’t ever played there.

JMack1234

He guy is 20...

Let him battle it out with Wan-Bissaka for the RB spot and found himself in the side. He'll play plenty in the Europa League and the cups anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.