Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

If we can get our money back we should sell, particularly if we can negotiate a sell on clause. I know we are supposed to be excited by his potential but he hasn't shown anything, he is not a defender and when played in a more advanced position his passing and crossing make AWB look like Beckham. In pretty much every appearance, regardless of where we play him, he looks like a Jim'll Fix It contestant who wanted to be a professional footballer for a day.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Might as well work on Wan Bissaka’s crossing then because he’s already better at it and can actually defend.
The same guy who shits when he is anywhere near the ball?

Would rather teach Dalot defending.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Really? 1) He has 2) that's not all that matters for a young full back.
No, he hasn’t. And yeah, being able to actually showcase your ability is all that matters, doesn’t matter how talented you are if you don’t actually show it.

mu4c_20le

Imo, as another poster said Dalot is not the right fit for us.

My impression is that Ole wants fullbacks that are good defenders first and foremost. Dalot can be excellent going forward but is poor defensively.

I m sure that he s suited to other teams where coaches are ready to sacrifice defensive work for attacking flair from fullbacks
Thing is, he hasn't been excellent going forward since his debut over two years ago. When Ole moved him up to winger he hasn't shown anything either.

Silas

Dalot might have great attacking qualities and might show them somewhere else, fact of the matter is that he's never shown them here and that's all that matters.

I'm still not sure I'd sell him yet, I'd loan him for a year and re-evaluate after a year of consistent game time, although he'll probably end up getting injured after 10 minutes anyway.
Completely disagree with the bolded. If he finds his feet at a new club and develops into a great player, then clearly something wasn't right here regarding his development and the club should ask themselves what went wrong.

I agree with the 2nd paragraph. Literally no point in us selling him at this point. We aren't struggling with funds and he's still very young, probably on fairly low wages. Only have to look as far as Gnabry to see where patience can get you.

Mark Pawelek

United must give Dalot the opportunity to move his career forward. He should leave for a club who'll play him. United aren't Chelsea. We're not a player warehouse, or a miser hoarding.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Attacking and making runs wise he is better than Bissaka and Williams. If he was from our academy he would have definitely gotten more chances. But anywho if we decide to move him on get 20m and move him out quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.