Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Starting to get hard to see where Dalot goes from here. He has youth on his side but he is not very good.

I hope he’s got something more in his locker than we have seen when he plays. He’s shown nothing to suggest he can be a first team player.

Kag

I really like the idea of Dalot and his crossing can be great. But every time he plays, the right flank is just an open invitation for attackers to mangle. He isn’t necessarily being skinned alive either; it’s just that he isn’t standing where Wan-Bissaka would usually be standing and the result of that is crosses into the box and more dangerous situations to deal with. It’s an issue; one he really needs to sort out.

Even compared to Williams he is just nowhere near as mature or competent.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's simply not good enough to be a full back, wing back sure, but he's positionally all over the place.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I still rate him (because i saw enough quality performances from him during his time at Porto and Portugal youth teams) therefore i say "It is difficult for him without a few games in a row to show impressive performance".

MAME DIOUF 32

I'd be interested in seeing him get a run in a better side. He hasn't looked good but often nobody does in these games where it's all the squad players at once. Not a lost cause yet but there needs to be an improvement.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Looked like he had something in his first season. Perhaps a loan lower down the league or back to Porto would help keep his value and let Laird get game time.

khoazany

I suspect if Laird doesn't have that many issues with injury Dalot would have been out of the squad by now. Not entirely his fault as he's at the age that needs regular game times but couldn't get it so far since he joins the club. If this carries on we might need to play Williams ahead of him at RB when needed as well.

Can't sell Dalot before Laird proves his fitness as Shaw, AWB, Williams for 2 positions are just not enough number unless we use TFM.

Last edited:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don’t see it, never seen it. I’d try to get our money back. Injury prone, can’t defend, can barely attack. Not good enough.

Tony247

Disappointing performance yesterday. He can do better. But at the best we are lookig at a backup, not someone who can challenge AWB for his position.

sillwuka

He just seems to coast through games doesn't he? You could argue that AWB has surpassed him attacking wise now as he at least makes the effort to carry the ball up.

Williams also injects a level of urgency on the right side with more incisive passing. Dalot won't make it here unfortunately.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I still think he’s a talented player, his dribbling for example Is actually pretty strong. The biggest concern is his lack of physical attributes which means he simply doesn’t have the blistering pace that most fullbacks possess. If he was quicker he would be able to contribute more in attack and recover quicker in defence. As it is, I think that could potentially hold him back at the top level.

Expecting more effort. Disappointed.

Think it's time we switch him to RW/RM considering our main system.

I'm just not seeing this "Right Back" from him. He's more of a Wing-back.
I have not seen anything to suggest he can play further up the field.

I just don’t see where he fits in.

zenith

He needs to play a bit more to be able to get more comfortable with the players around him and their movement. There is a good player there somewhere, but we would never be able to see that without him getting a consistent run in the team.

Unfortunately for him, AWB has been so good that it's difficult to see they happening anytime soon.

Bwuk

Think his biggest issue is he’ll never get a run of games to try and get form.

For all his promise it’s not really worked out for him at United.

-Supreme-

I think Ole needs to give Ethan Laird his minutes.
Agreed. The same applies to Chong and Gomes when we shouldn't play Mata and Lingard

Ole needs to remove the deadwoods this summer, they are highly paid but aren't offering us anything....

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He should be loaned. He should have been loaned when we bought him and ideally he wouldn't have been transferred at all, he wasn't ready.

DoomSlayer

I feel like Dalot has regressed a bit since coming. Initially I though he was prepared physically for the PL, he had some spark to his game and was forcing the issue a lot when in attacking positions.

Now he looks a bit timid, maybe he is just far from being 100% match fit, but these performances don't bode well for him, he looked like a liability to me.

My only Eric

I think he needs a consistent run of games to improve and get confidence. If only he could stop getting injured every two weeks.
If his injury woes continue, sell him and give his minutes to someone else.

Eugenius

You can see why he doesn't get a look in with his defending. He was always nowhere near his winger and leaving Bailly to get dragged around. AWB is the same age, a converted winger, and still has the positioning side of things much better. Same with Williams, maybe a little rash but got tight to his man. A bit concerning then he's so obviously bad at defending side of things.

Ollie Derbyshire

Unfortunately he’s just not good enough, even for games like yesterday, needs to be put into the ‘to be shipped out’ category this summer, or a season loan somewhere.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Has to be one we offload in the summer, no way he should be getting minutes over Laird

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think when Leicester got Pereira from Porto for 23m in the same summer we got Dalot for 20m we had our pants pulled down massively. Leicester got a player 3 times better for 3m more in the same position.

What on earth were Jose and our scouts watching? Ricardo Pereira is one of the best right backs in the PL. Strong defensively and probably up there with Doherty and only behind Trent in terms of attack.

Don't think he offers anything that Brandon can't offer. Laird coming through too. He's definitely a player we could try and recoup some money on. He will never make it at this club.

SweetRightFoot

Needs a loan. Williams is our back up RB (and LB) now and James has the back up RW spot.

Sheffield United could be a great destination for him. Wilder would train him well, he'd probably get decent minutes and he'd learn a lot.

cyberman

He has got a great right foot but doesn't get into positions to use it

Roboc7

It’s hard to see what benefits of him being here next season are for both the club and him personally. Makes sense to loan him out or sell and see how much money can get back for him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We’ve far more useless players to offload before we offload Dalot.
There's more to it than that, he's at a age where he may still be able to forge a good career for someone as oppose to someone like Jones

The longer Dalot spends sitting on our bench (and more times than not not even that) his value just goes down. He should be one of the first we look to offload this summer

AshRK

I would send him out on loan before deciding on whether to keep him for long term. It was a strange but considering he just had played 6 games for Porto's senior team and we ended up paying 20 odd million. He is only 21 so a season loan at a PL team could be good for him.

SAFMUTD

He has regressed, what we saw yesterday was really poor. Its his second season here so he should be showing much more.

Id say we sell him in the next window since he is one season away of becoming deadwood specially with his injury record.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I think when Leicester got Pereira from Porto for 23m in the same summer we got Dalot for 20m we had our pants pulled down massively. Leicester got a player 3 times better for 3m more in the same position.

What on earth were Jose and our scouts watching? Ricardo Pereira is one of the best right backs in the PL. Strong defensively and probably up there with Doherty and only behind Trent in terms of attack.

Don't think he offers anything that Brandon can't offer. Laird coming through too. He's definitely a player we could try and recoup some money on. He will never make it at this club.
Dalot had more pace, strength and composure than Ricardo Pereira while being younger.

After so many injuries and no regular game time he's considerably slower now and more importantly, devoid of confidence.

He desperately needs a move to play a full season and build from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.