Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah I think he would have played last night otherwise.

TFM... did not have a good game!

giggslover

He's shit, can't defend and his much vaunted attacking side is actually pretty useless since he never shows it in games.
If he's an attacking wing back, he might have (had) some use in this knock out style Europa tournament, where you MUST score to advance, no gently feeling out an opponent to see them off in a 2nd leg. Actually think we'll miss L. Shaw for this tournament, cause of his ability and preference to get up the filed whenever possible. Dalot may still have use.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We are in no rush to lose him. He's still young means he can still develop into top right back, if a club wants to buy him they are simply needs to pay good money imo. This is how Liverpool managed to sell their average players for good money.

It's been very disappointed season for him though and also keep getting injured. Need to improve his defensive positioning, almost like non existing.

Ralph1386

Do we know why Ole has completely frozen Dalot out? He never got the opportunities to prove himself that Williams and TFS got?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
If he cant get in ahead of TFM it says a lot.

Never impressed me. Should have stayed at Porto.

Ace of Spades

Do we know why Ole has completely frozen Dalot out? He never got the opportunities to prove himself that Williams and TFS got?
Because he is injury prone. He misses a lot if time sidelined, and can't be relied on. The times he does play, he is poor.

MattofManchester

Given who we've been giving chances to, he definitely should have been given a chance to prove himself.

Everyone had big things to say about this guy when he was at Porto.
I'm not writing him off because he's not been given a chance to develop any kind of consistency, and unless he is unprofessional in some way, he deserves a chance in games where we should be dominant.

acnumber9

I remember when we first signed him and people were sharing you tube videos of him from Porto and his early games for the under 23’s talking about his great attacking qualities. The videos mostly consisted of step overs followed by overhit crosses. Once a narrative is formed around a player it becomes fact for some. He’s shit.

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I’m remember when we first signed him and people were sharing you tube videos of him from Porto and his early games for the under 23’s talking about his great attacking qualities. The videos mostly consisted of step overs followed by overhit crosses. Once a narrative is formed around a player it becomes fact for some. He’s shit.
When the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts.

Jibbs

Another case of our horrible coaching / msn management. Turned a potential best in class kid into turd. I hope he shines wherever he goes.

Infestissumam

I still don't understand what happened here. Thought he had a ton of potential, but Ole seems to have completely lost any faith and trust in him. Disappointing to say the least.

Still think there's a really talented player there. Wouldn't be surprised if he killed it somewhere else.

United58

I still don't understand what happened here. Thought he had a ton of potential, but Ole seems to have completely lost any faith and trust in him. Disappointing to say the least.

Still think there's a really talented player there. Wouldn't be surprised if he killed it somewhere else.
Injuries have hurt him a lot, seems to be out as much as Phil Jones now

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Saw PSG were interested. He's far from the developed product, but I feel we've sidelined him too quickly without giving him a chance.
Been linked with them before the restart.

We are in no rush selling him. I have said it before the guy is still young and still has place in the squad so we will use it in our advantage to get big fees on him if there is a club who wants to pay to get him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Dalot might have great attacking qualities and might show them somewhere else, fact of the matter is that he's never shown them here and that's all that matters.

I'm still not sure I'd sell him yet, I'd loan him for a year and re-evaluate after a year of consistent game time, although he'll probably end up getting injured after 10 minutes anyway.

Nick7

I’m remember when we first signed him and people were sharing you tube videos of him from Porto and his early games for the under 23’s talking about his great attacking qualities. The videos mostly consisted of step overs followed by overhit crosses. Once a narrative is formed around a player it becomes fact for some. He’s shit.
Pretty much. His delivery is shocking, worse than AWB’s. His passing and link up play is awful too. He’s an attacking full back that doesn’t contribute to attacks. The best thing he’s done for us is sky a shot and win a penalty somehow.

He needs to go somewhere that will play him every game so he can learn how to actually play as a full. I wouldn’t be upset if we was sold.

pascell

I think we should be loaning him, not selling him just yet. Still very young and can develop quite quickly into the player he was expected to be.

Irrational.

There's something really weird about how Dalot's been treated here. Seems Ole doesn't rate him at all - and in all fairness to him he's never been given a consistent run of games in a single position. I don't see how you can go from one of the most promising full backs in Europe to behind Williams in the pecking order.

He's the kind of player that will go on to sign for a decent club and put in some eye-catching performances, and then we'll be moaning about how we let him leave, like a Pique, Pogba or Rossi.

No doubt we're scouring the market right now for a left back to spunk £50 million+ on.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Still think he would make it. Shame he was injured against Sevilla else he would have come on instead of James.

People complaining about his overhit crosses should just go and watch TAA in his early days. Its something that can be really worked upon and very quickly as well.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There's something really weird about how Dalot's been treated here. Seems Ole doesn't rate him at all - and in all fairness to him he's never been given a consistent run of games in a single position. I don't see how you can go from one of the most promising full backs in Europe to behind Williams in the pecking order.

He's the kind of player that will go on to sign for a decent club and put in some eye-catching performances, and then we'll be moaning about how we let him leave, like a Pique, Pogba or Rossi.

No doubt we're scouring the market right now for a left back to spunk £50 million+ on.
He had barely even played for Porto to be rated so highly. It's baffling that we bought him over Pereira who went to Leicester in the same summer.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I'd sell Dalot. Sometimes its just not the right fit. A player doesn't work with a team or a manager or whatever. Doesn't make them a bad player, that's just how it goes sometimes.

Ole clearly doesn't rate Dalot that highly and, for what Ole needs/wants from a fullback, you can understand it. Dalot's got good pace and a good cross. However, defensively, he's not very good. We are not yet a team that can afford for our fullbacks to be easily beaten. Everyone has seen how poorly we defend balls into the box after all.

I think Dalot would be much better suited to a team that plays 3-4-3/3-5-2 where he can act as a wing back. IMO he will only excel as a full back at a team much better than we currently are, a team that has so much possession and control that his defensive frailties are never exposed.

Irrational.

He had barely even played for Porto to be rated so highly. It's baffling that we bought him over Pereira who went to Leicester in the same summer.
I agree. I think it was the performances against Liverpool (where he played LB IIRC) that won Jose over. With us he's been played RB, LB, RW and LW and then almost immediately dropped. No idea what you're supposed to do with that kind of first team experience.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I'd sell Dalot. Sometimes its just not the right fit. A player doesn't work with a team or a manager or whatever. Doesn't make them a bad player, that's just how it goes sometimes.

Ole clearly doesn't rate Dalot that highly and, for what Ole needs/wants from a fullback, you can understand it. Dalot's got good pace and a good cross. However, defensively, he's not very good. We are not yet a team that can afford for our fullbacks to be easily beaten. Everyone has seen how poorly we defend balls into the box after all.

I think Dalot would be much better suited to a team that plays 3-4-3/3-5-2 where he can act as a wing back. IMO he will only excel as a full back at a team much better than we currently are, a team that has so much possession and control that his defensive frailties are never exposed.
Think that is a very fair assessment.

dev1l

Imo, as another poster said Dalot is not the right fit for us.

My impression is that Ole wants fullbacks that are good defenders first and foremost. Dalot can be excellent going forward but is poor defensively.

I m sure that he s suited to other teams where coaches are ready to sacrifice defensive work for attacking flair from fullbacks

Lee565

Would be a dumb short sighted idea to sell him, we need to take the approach of the likes of madrid and chelsea who loan young players out to either get them to develop elsewhere or drive up their transfer price, loaning him to a good Portuguese side would be ideal

acnumber9

Still think he would make it. Shame he was injured against Sevilla else he would have come on instead of James.

People complaining about his overhit crosses should just go and watch TAA in his early days. Its something that can be really worked upon and very quickly as well.
Might as well work on Wan Bissaka’s crossing then because he’s already better at it and can actually defend.

Jericho

I can't believe he's still on 21. He's still a good prospect. He needs more game time to improve himself, a loan away might be a good idea for him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Dalot might have great attacking qualities and might show them somewhere else, fact of the matter is that he's never shown them here and that's all that matters.

I'm still not sure I'd sell him yet, I'd loan him for a year and re-evaluate after a year of consistent game time, although he'll probably end up getting injured after 10 minutes anyway.
Really? 1) He has 2) that's not all that matters for a young full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.