Position: Defender - Right-Back/Left-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agent: Proeleven Gestão Desportiva
Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2023​

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Big season for him. We have to make our mind up on him and either play him further up the pitch from time to time or use him as the cover for Wan-Bissaka. He needs playing time this time round and by that I mean 20 odd starts and some sub apps.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Rather he got minutes ahead of Young but we now that won't be the case. Can see him leaving within a year or two.

Skills

Snitch
Should send him out on loan. Players don't improve backing up on the bench or being played out of position.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Play him on the right wing, after we inevitably leave the position neglected for another year. He offers more than Mata and Lingard.

Tomuś

Should send him out on loan. Players don't improve backing up on the bench or being played out of position.
With his versatility he should get a good enough number of games providing we move him above Young in the pecking order. I think it would do him better than more games at some poorer side with different tactics and expectations.

Skills

Snitch
With his versatility he should get a good enough number of games providing we move him above Young in the pecking order. I think it would do him better than more games at some poorer side with different tactics and expectations.
Like I said players don't improve by being played out of position. I think push comes to shove, Young's going to be the one who'll trusted more often than not. Solksjaer values a more defensively solid (in his mind) option - it's why we've spent so much on AWB.

There's a few good teams in the PL below us who try and play a better brand of football than us. They could be an option, if they need a RB.

Tomuś

Like I said players don't improve by being played out of position. I think push comes to shove, Young's going to be the one who'll trusted more often than not. Solksjaer values a more defensively solid (in his mind) option - it's why we've spent so much on AWB.

There's a few good teams in the PL below us who try and play a better brand of football than us. They could be an option, if they need a RB.
Which means he'll polish his attacking skills instead of becoming more solid defensively. If he can improve his defending like Rafael did with us he could become a very good attacking full-back.

JK-27

I thought Dalot was really impressive in the games he did get to play last season, would have thought he deserved more games this season yet instead we went and spent £50 million on a player with 1 seasons experience to start in his place. Dalot shouldn't feel happy about that, I hope he stays positive and proves Ole wrong.

sugar_kane

Genuinely think he could do a job at RW this season, he's quick and is the best crosser in the team.

Tomuś

It's surreal that he played such a massive part in our dreamy night in Paris with that ridiculous attempt. I agree that he's our best crosser alongside Lukaku and that's a big asset. Can dribble a bit and is ballsy. Would be nice if he could make it here.

AngryCroat

He's better potential than awb. I guess we had 55 millions too much. We could've get amazing CB for 55 and play shaw-lindelof-new guy-dalot.

AngryCroat

What evidence has shown he has better potential?
Evidence? You mean like stats or something? You can't compare stats because he didn't play enough for us opposed to awb in CP. You can have eyes and watch football. He looks more comfortable on the ball, better technically, better crossings. AWB looks maybe little bit better athletically and tackling. Anyways, throwing money for no reason. If we bought 55 mil CB to play with Lindelof we would finally have proper defense.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Evidence? You mean like stats or something? You can't compare stats because he didn't play enough for us opposed to awb in CP. You can have eyes and watch football. He looks more comfortable on the ball, better technically, better crossings. AWB looks maybe little bit better athletically and tackling. Anyways, throwing money for no reason. If we bought 55 mil CB to play with Lindelof we would finally have proper defense.
This is incorrect, but opinions I guess.
The only thing Dalot looks better at is crossing and shooting, possibly a little better technically but not that much.

Defensively (most important), positioning, strength AWB is miles ahead.

Technically with regards to dribbling past players, taking the ball in tight space etc, they look quite similar.

Nick7

He can't defend at all though. I also very very much disagree he looks more comfortable on the ball. He always looks a second away from losing it.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Big season for him. We have to make our mind up on him and either play him further up the pitch from time to time or use him as the cover for Wan-Bissaka. He needs playing time this time round and by that I mean 20 odd starts and some sub apps.
Agreed. I'd be disappointed if we didn't get him plenty of playing time next season, but equally I hope he isn't despairing at the signing of AWB and is looking forward to showing what he can do next year. I find the idea we shouldn't have signed AWB for fear of squashing/unsettling a 20 year old Dalot absolutely ridiculous, there's room across PL, EL and the cups to use Shaw, AWB and Dalot as your go-to fullbacks.

AngryCroat

It's actually nice you guys responded politely, I'm not used to these type of conversation in here. Yes, my posts are based only on my opinion. We'll see in the future what happens. Hope Diogo gets decent season this year.

Grande

I thought Dalot was really impressive in the games he did get to play last season, would have thought he deserved more games this season yet instead we went and spent £50 million on a player with 1 seasons experience to start in his place. Dalot shouldn't feel happy about that, I hope he stays positive and proves Ole wrong.
That would be good. I really liked what I saw several times with Dalot, yet defensively he is quite a bit behind still, which isn’t strange considering his lack of experience. His anticipation, positioning and defensive interplay was well behind Young, Darmian, Valencia and Bailly for that position, and given the ire these players attracted, I don’t think the young-and-lerning slack would be cut very long.

He needs games, and possibly back up games at RB, LB, RW and RWB will provide him with what he needs to step further up, and possibly not. Having two very good players in one full back position is not a problem for us any more than it is for City, and I don’t think many really would have liked going into the season with Dalot and Young as only options. I prefer us to make a good buy rather than a stop gap buy once we’re buying.

If we in three years time have the double quality of a developped WanBissaka/Dalot in every position, we’ll be in a very good position for years.

Grande

It's actually nice you guys responded politely, I'm not used to these type of conversation in here. Yes, my posts are based only on my opinion. We'll see in the future what happens. Hope Diogo gets decent season this year.
That’s not a bad post to read in itself :)

I do think Dalot needs to develop defensively to be a starter candidate most games, but to me he is a very exciting prospect if he does.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He needs playing time this time round and by that I mean 20 odd starts and some sub apps.
He wont get that here.

He's versatile which is a postive but Young (based on last season) is still ahead of him. So that means he's 3rd choice in all positions, RB, LB and RW. He also has competition from James now as an explosive option off the bench in the RW role. Going to be tough for Dalot unless we get long term injuries.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
That would be good. I really liked what I saw several times with Dalot, yet defensively he is quite a bit behind still, which isn’t strange considering his lack of experience. His anticipation, positioning and defensive interplay was well behind Young, Darmian, Valencia and Bailly for that position, and given the ire these players attracted, I don’t think the young-and-lerning slack would be cut very long.

He needs games, and possibly back up games at RB, LB, RW and RWB will provide him with what he needs to step further up, and possibly not. Having two very good players in one full back position is not a problem for us any more than it is for City, and I don’t think many really would have liked going into the season with Dalot and Young as only options. I prefer us to make a good buy rather than a stop gap buy once we’re buying.

If we in three years time have the double quality of a developped WanBissaka/Dalot in every position, we’ll be in a very good position for years.
Well behind Bailly at RB? Behave. He should probably be ahead of Bailly at CB never mind bloody right back.

In saying that, people who think we shouldn't have competition at full back after last year need their heads checking. I like Dalot and think he can stake his claim to the right back spot for sure but he's got no automatic right to it and I suspect he'll actually get more games at LB than right this year. That's a good thing in my view, be great if he could provide proper competition on both flanks.

Nick7

I think he would be good as a wing back, but even last season he was defensively worse than Young. I know Young gets a lot of shit on here, but from watching us he performed better than Dalot. Even Dalot's crossing which is pretty decent left him at times near the end of the season.

He's very very raw and is far too defensively suspect to be a first team player here, yet. We needed the competition as going into the season with just him and Young would have been awful.

If he's good enough, if he's better than Wan Bissaka he'll show that.

UnitedObsession99

The only thing I've not seen enough of as a right winger is his shooting game. Otherwise i think be has all the attributes to be a world class right winger. His defensive background means he'll track back and tackle to a very high standard for a RW. His skill, pace and energy is well up there. His crossing is Beckham like, barely any players out there with his sweet technique these days. He has physical presence to hold the ball comfortably.

If he can pitch in with goals then we have one hell of a player already here.

If you are not convinced go back and watch highlights of his minutes on the ball and you'll see all of the above.

The downside of this debate is there are quite a few young quality right wingers available who have already shown they can do what Dalot can do, but with the attacking side fine tuned. But Dalot surely has a year before we get Sancho!

Grande

Well behind Bailly at RB? Behave. He should probably be ahead of Bailly at CB never mind bloody right back.

In saying that, people who think we shouldn't have competition at full back after last year need their heads checking. I like Dalot and think he can stake his claim to the right back spot for sure but he's got no automatic right to it and I suspect he'll actually get more games at LB than right this year. That's a good thing in my view, be great if he could provide proper competition on both flanks.
I did talk about the defensive part of tje game, and say ‘on anticipation, positioning and defensive interplay’, though I’ll admit, Bailly is probably worse than Dalot as a FB regarding those three aspects. I’ll still say Bailly has been more defensively sound at FB than Dalot so far, due to his speed, reactions and duel strength. And a lot better at CB, even if inconsistent and injury prone, though I expect that last comment to have been tongue in cheek?

I’d still play Dalot ahead of Bailly at full back most games though. He need to learn, and has great potential if he develops his defensive play.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I did talk about the defensive part of tje game, and say ‘on anticipation, positioning and defensive interplay’, though I’ll admit, Bailly is probably worse than Dalot as a FB regarding those three aspects. I’ll still say Bailly has been more defensively sound at FB than Dalot so far, due to his speed, reactions and duel strength. And a lot better at CB, even if inconsistent and injury prone, though I expect that last comment to have been tongue in cheek?

I’d still play Dalot ahead of Bailly at full back most games though. He need to learn, and has great potential if he develops his defensive play.
I think Bailly played about half a game at full back last year and got absolutely destroyed and then hooked didn't he? Guy's enough of a liability in the middle never mind out wide where he's not comfortable.

Tarrou

Can see him turning into a John O'Shea for us as a squad player who can useful in multiple roles. Not that that would be a bad thing for us necessarily but not great for him and his development if he can't nail down one position. He'll have a very hard time displacing Shaw or AWB for the full-back positions in the next 2/3 years and he's not a winger and never will be, but he can fill in there from time to time.

RedCurry

Which means he'll polish his attacking skills instead of becoming more solid defensively. If he can improve his defending like Rafael did with us he could become a very good attacking full-back.
I think he's a smart kid but I just don't think he's pacy enough like Rafael was, to be able to compensate for his lack of defensive awareness.

Ibi Dreams

I like him, but he did look out of his depth defensively sometimes last season. Going forward he's shown some nice stuff, it would be interesting to see him on the wing with AWB behind him. Or even on the other wing as a more defensive winger. Certainly hope he can push on and put in some quality performances

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Generally speaking I am not a fan of playing someone out of position but maybe this lad would do fine as winger.
Looked a bit shaky in defense but dynamic going forward.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
AWB is miles better than Dalot. It’s a massive upgrade

Irwin99

Didn't have a great first season and was defensively all over the place at times. Like Perrera his technique/touch seems pretty decent but, other than maybe his crossing, he just doesn't seem to possess an outstanding quality/attribute that makes me think we might have an excellent player on our hands. Hope I'm wrong.

Tomuś

He wont get that here.

He's versatile which is a postive but Young (based on last season) is still ahead of him. So that means he's 3rd choice in all positions, RB, LB and RW. He also has competition from James now as an explosive option off the bench in the RW role. Going to be tough for Dalot unless we get long term injuries.
There's no way Young gets as many apps as he did last year. I think Dalot will be fine.

Tomuś

I think he's a smart kid but I just don't think he's pacy enough like Rafael was, to be able to compensate for his lack of defensive awareness.
If he is smart, which I think he is, he will improve his awareness. That and one v ones are pretty much the only things that set him back. Good passer of the ball, can dribble, has a peach of a cross in him and the courage to take people on.

AshRK

A bit worried about him. What exactly is his role. So far he looks out of depth playing as a rb. I don't see him as a winger. At this age he needs to play and master one position rather than just being average in every position.

Status
Not open for further replies.