Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
A bit worried about him. What exactly is his role. So far he looks out of depth playing as a rb. I don't see him as a winger. At this age he needs to play and master one position rather than just being average in every position.
He is 19 ffs.

kirk buttercup

I thought he was solid today. I like him I see him a bit like John O'Shea for us covering a few positions. Maybe not a starter every week but very decent squad player . I like him

M Bison

Supports
York City
I personally think he’ll be a good player for us. Unlikely to start at RB but a decent option/replacement and a good option for playing further forward too.

I expect to play a lot more this season.

el3mel

I'm not as optimistic about him as I were earlier. Too many flaws for my liking. He's still young though so there's always a hope it's gonna improve but I don't think he'll make it here to be totally honest.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think this guy got a lot potential.
With AWB probably being our main RB for years to come I could see him develop into a good RW or RWB. His positioning and defending is just average but if he is allowed to concentrate more on offensive duties he could develop the skills to become great.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There is an arrogance/confidence about the lad that might help him with a more competitive squad.

NotQuiteManc

May not be one of those wonderkids but if he could be at least squad player that would cover both flanks, as in RB/LB/RW, that would be good enough already for now.

DoomSlayer

Dalot played 8-9 professional games at Porto before coming here, give him a few seasons at least, fecking hell...

The lad clearly has enormous talent, competition is vital to any top team and he can cover multiple positions which is extremely important for us. Has the right mentality too, I don't understand why fans don't look into this with more context.

A strong pre-season will prepare Dalot much better, he totally missed it last season due to injury.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure why there is anything negative to say from his game Saturday? he did well. I love his confidence to take on shots or dribble at his man.

The first half there was hardly anybody in the box.

SungSam7

People might laugh but I honestly think he's the answer to our RW. There's something about him that any time he gets the ball he always wants to move forward and take on a man, give him more freedom to be offensive and AWB doing what he was bought for in the first place e and we might have a very promising partnership.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think most fans possibly very quickly could prefer him to Shaw on the LB if he gets the chance. Seem to remember he put in a couple of really good performances there last season, seemed to do well in the build up play on that side.

arthurka

Very good to have him putting pressure on both the LB and the RB position.
He is a very promising player.

haram

After the penalty he won at PSG he’s not gonna stop shooting is he...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
People might laugh but I honestly think he's the answer to our RW. There's something about him that any time he gets the ball he always wants to move forward and take on a man, give him more freedom to be offensive and AWB doing what he was bought for in the first place e and we might have a very promising partnership.
Agreed. I'd still be worry if he plays as fullback. But he's shown glimpses of good player from the wing.

He'sRaldo

There is potential for a Shaw and AWB combo to be poor at attacking. If so, fans would definitely want to see more of Dalot.

dev1l

I can see him sharing right wing with greenwood. They have different qualities but both can do the job according to the gameplan

King Andow

People might laugh but I honestly think he's the answer to our RW. There's something about him that any time he gets the ball he always wants to move forward and take on a man, give him more freedom to be offensive and AWB doing what he was bought for in the first place and we might have a very promising partnership.
Well, he sure is better than Mata and Lingard out wide, I think that we should rotate him and Greenwood there until we bring someone (Sancho pls), at least they can beat their man, that alone would improve us.

FrantikChicken

Dalot played 8-9 professional games at Porto before coming here, give him a few seasons at least, fecking hell...

The lad clearly has enormous talent, competition is vital to any top team and he can cover multiple positions which is extremely important for us. Has the right mentality too, I don't understand why fans don't look into this with more context.

A strong pre-season will prepare Dalot much better, he totally missed it last season due to injury.
Completely agreed. How some are managing to write him off already is insane.

Apparently the highest rated player in Europe in his position and age group. We only lacked competition in signing him because he had a previous knee problem which scared other top clubs away. That doesn't seem to be affecting him anymore so I can't wait to see how he develops. He's obviously confident in himself too.

SATA

Can we actually develop him further up the pitch on the right wing like Spurs did with Bale? Obviously he won't be as good and explosive as Bale, but i'm struggling to see him get much game time now that AWB is here. And our right wing has been pretty non existent and we need a player that can stretch the pitch

SungSam7

Well, he sure is better than Mata and Lingard out wide, I think that we should rotate him and Greenwood there until we bring someone (Sancho pls), at least they can beat their man, that alone would improve us.
This is what I hate though, I'd rather play Greenwood in his more preferred position rather than shoehorning him in to the team. If we need a backup RW, we should just buy what we need rather than affecting the development of the kid.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Unless he develops into a new position further down the pitch ala Bale, he's only going to be a stop gap solution there till we find a proper RW. It'll actually hinder his defensive game if we use him as an RW this season and then expect him to go back and challenge AWB later on. I hope Ole has clarity for his development and doesn't throw him around everywhere like we did with Rashford.

passing-wind

Last season certainly left much to be desired he was absolutely abysmal at right fullback. That Everton away game was probably one of the worst defensive performances I've seen in recent years.

If Dalot was half as good as many believe we wouldn't have bothered signing AWB. If he doesn't nail down either the RW position or a rotational fullback role he'll become a fringe player at this club. Solskjaer should be coaching him to further ahead in a wing role, suits all his strengths. He did look good at the recent tournament with Portugal was solid, so he definitely has potential.

He'sRaldo

If Dalot was half as good as many believe we wouldn't have bothered signing AWB.
He was definitely highly rated when we bought him. It's more likely that we didn't really have a plan for his development, or the plan was scrapped with Mourinho's sacking.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What consequence will AWB's arrival have for Dalot? From the looks of it, AWB is a clearly superior RB.

Foxbatt

Ole did mention that Dalot can play as a right winger too. So do not know he may be thinking of that option. At least it will be goodbye for Young now.

Jacob

Think he'll be a full time backup RW from now on.

haram

Going to be difficult for him to take the spot from AWB.

Ace of Spades

Competition is always good, and he has not performed badly himself. His defensive game seems to be improving as well, although it is a small sample to judge it on.

His versatility will be an advantage for him. He will be fine imo.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I dunno, most times I watch him play I think he looks like a brilliant young player. Think he'll work on versatility a lot because of Wan Bissaka looking brilliant, but Dalot is extremely talented without a doubt and I think he'll develop loads. It's not like Shaw has actually been impressive at left back, though it's a bit of a transition to change right back to left back. Can also fill in on the wings though which doesn't hurt either.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Did alright, a good cross or two.

Don’t want nor do I think he has a chance at RW with Mason, James, Lingard. If he has the fight in him the LB spot isn’t sealed for Shaw.

NoPace

What consequence will AWB's arrival have for Dalot? From the looks of it, AWB is a clearly superior RB.
He's gotta outright pass Young as the backup LB this year, getting something like 10 starts at RB when Wan-Bissaka rests or is suspended or a Europa league group game that doesn't matter much (and half in the domestic cups I'd guess) and another 15 at LB behind Shaw (who always finds a way to miss a few games and that's a good season for his age, 25 starts and maybe another 10 sub appearances.

gajender

Dalot was highly rated prospect who had not so great but acceptable start to his career with United and some of the supporters are getting ahead of themselves by thinking Wan-Bissaka has locked the RB position for good Dalot should in theory provide decent competition to Wan-Bissaka and who knows he may still become first choice fullback for United.

deleon

He could fill the Lingard role; provide width and track back to balance out the more attacking left wing.

James or Greenwood could come on if a game needs more attacking impetus.

It would allow Lingard to play in the middle (if at all), as a more dynamic alternative to Mata.

el3mel

As I said in the match thread, I'm really struggling to see the potential many seem to see in him. Looks a pretty average talent for me if I'm brutally honest. What do people see exceptional in him ? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.