Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He should get opportunities this season. If we have anyone injured or needing a rest he should be the first in, although he probably won't be. I'd like to see him start a few on the left regardless.

Renegade

Don’t mind him at RW, probably has the best cross from the right alongside Andreas.

Better option on the RW than James currently, no disrespect to the lad. I’m sure James prefers the LW too.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Is he worth trying out on the right in attack? I think he is better in attack than AWB and can actually cross the ball. James isn't ready to play every match either.

He'sRaldo

Is he worth trying out on the right in attack? I think he is better in attack than AWB and can actually cross the ball. James isn't ready to play every match either.
I actually think he's our best option on the right, better than James. James excels more on the left.

Ander herrera the warrior

Hope he is back soon. We need to use on the right wing for some games, hopefully he does well there till we actually sign a right wing.

Ander herrera the warrior

Hope he is back soon. We need to use on the right wing for some games, hopefully he does well there till we actually sign a right wing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Forgot we had him. Really needs to get going now he's back though. For me he's probably our best attacking fullback.

Strats

Thought he looked good in pre-season. Hope he can bring his game up a notch this year.

Cliche Guevara

Would love to see him in front of Wan Bisakka. I reckon that’d be a cracking right hand side as Dalot can beat a man and put in a lovely cross.

Last edited:

3KDré

I know he's played left back before, if he could make himself play well there it'd sort a lot of headaches.

RC89

Would love to see him in front of Wan Bisakka. I reckon that’d be a cracking right hand side as Dalot can beat a man and put in a lovely cross.
Agree with this. Although, as we've seen with James from the left, balls go into decent areas without anyone looking to attack it.

Would make a great partnership with AWB on the right though.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
From memory the times he's started at right wing he's been poor. His couple of good performances there have been when he's been subbed on against tired legs.

Last edited:

Hip Hop

Should try his luck on the left cause Shaw has been really poor lately and Young need to go asap.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
How would he make a great partnership with AWB? AWB problem is his attacking output and end product. How is putting a fullback in front of him a perfect partnership? Dalot has played about 2-3 good crosses in his time here, that doesn't make someone a good winger. He's also looked completely out of his depth against Wolves and was poor against Arsenal when he started further up. If we're just chucking random players in then we may as well just play Chong or Greenwood. Dalot has shown nothing required to be a RW at the top level.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
How would he make a great partnership with AWB? AWB problem is his attacking output and end product. How is putting a fullback in front of him a perfect partnership? Dalot has played about 2-3 good crosses in his time here, that doesn't make someone a good winger. He's also looked completely out of his depth against Wolves and was poor against Arsenal when he started further up. If we're just chucking random players in then we may as well just play Chong or Greenwood. Dalot has shown nothing required to be a RW at the top level.
Completely agree.

sherrinford

No-one in the squad has shown they have what’s required to play right wing at the top level. Dalot has shown more than anyone else though.

SteveW

Love this lads attitude but I can't figure out if he's any good or not. He somehow managed to defend worse than Young last season. That takes doing.

SteveW

Hes only 20, time to retrain him to be a right winger.
He's not a Manchester United quality right winger. He never will be. We should be looking at players like Sancho not trying to convert average full backs into wingers.

JMack1234

Might be an idea to start him on the left as Shaw is out for a while and Young is a calamity waiting to happen.

passing-wind

Imo he's cooked as a fullback, he doesn't have the instincts defensively to be competent in this position especially in the English league. The opposition will take every opportunity to expose his weaknesses down the right and unless a winger can support his space by doubling up he will become a liability.

However he has for me put in the best performances down the right flank that I've seen bar any player since Valencia was in decent form many seasons ago. Ole should look at developing him down right, he has pace, can whip a cross and has trickery to get past his man so the coaching staff should be drilling his strengths. Maybe in a few years time when he matures his game rotate him as a fullback option. Despite some abysmal performances defensively last season he looked up to scratch for Portugal U21.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No-one in the squad has shown they have what’s required to play right wing at the top level. Dalot has shown more than anyone else though.
No, he hasn't. He has been pretty poor when played on right. He can cross for sure .

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Seems more suited as a Wing back...but we aren't going down that route.

Not great defensively, useful going forward for sure.

Possibly Meunier potential at best.

Onerealunited

He is our backup FB. I am looking forward to have him back so we can give AWB some rest in europe and cup games. Also do not forget that this guy is only 20 and has a great potential to develop

Status
Not open for further replies.