Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

He won’t make it as a winger here either. His best chance is full back but he can’t defend. He’s good on the ball but not good enough to be a nailed on starter further up the pitch. In the short term he’s probably best off on the wing but that won’t help him grow in the long term

If he wants to have a future here he has to learn how to defend and not turn his brain off when the opposition has the ball.

Hoboman

Technically good, but for a winger he lacks that fast first step to beat his opponents.

Banana Republic

I think many don't realise Dalot is one of the youngest members of the first team squad at 20 yrs old.

Born the same year as Chong (1999), who will be 20 yrs old in 8 weeks time. He's still got a lot of development ahead of him.

Dalot is almost a year and a half younger than Daniel James, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Marcus Rashford.

Last edited by a moderator:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Should had stayed in Porto for a couple more seasons to turn into a more balanced player.

The potential is there, but in a club like Man Utd there's little room to learn with mistakes as it happens in other leagues where bottom teams don't have the financial power to boost their squad.

It's a pity, because he's been an outstanding youth talent since a very young age.

Classical Mechanic

You fancy him to beat his man and get a cross in but when he's defending you fancy his man to beat him and get a cross in.

Lot's of crosses one way or another.

Gordon S

[QUOTE="André Dominguez, post: 24782314, member: 109652"]Should had stayed in Porto for a couple more seasons to turn into a more balanced player.

The potential is there, but in a club like Man Utd there's little room to learn with mistakes as it happens in other leagues where bottom teams don't have the financial power to boost their squad.

It's a pity, because he's been an outstanding youth talent since a very young age.[/QUOTE]

Then he would cost +50m and our fans would be asking what the hell our scouts are doing:smirk:

ash_86

In a good pressing team he can be quite useful as players will group defend. In ours he's useless right now. He does put in some very nice crosses though.

Gandalf

Squad is thin right now but definitely feel like he could benefit from a loan spell. I think the basic ingredients for a top class player are there but he needs games in a more comfortable environment whilst he develops so maybe a return to Portugal for next season or another good technical league such as Holland would give him what he needs to come back and nail down a place here.

Based Adnan

His crossing is a moot point considering he's crossing to the penalty box statue that is Rashford. Maybe if we sign Mandzukic we might see some of his crosses bare fruit.

Walters_19_MuFc

His best games for us were against PSG and Arsenal, where he played on the wing.

Get him and James hugging the touchline and getting at players. You know, the 'United way'. Think someone keeping the width would also be more beneficial for Wan-Bissaka who is more of an overlapping full back, rather than someone who you give all the attacking responsibilities to.

Obiorahking_

Pereira is a better crosser than him. I don't even rate the guy but he's a miles better option.

Can we put the Dalot to RW debate to bed already. It's disgusting to think about.
1v1 Dalot every day of the week which is what we need.

edgecutter

Play 433 with him on the right. He has more about him than playing Lingard

SungSam7

Some players can step up immediately, others need to go through the learning curve. We need to loan him January ASAP.
How many more players can we let go at this rate, we already screwed in the depth department. He should be played as a RW and get Mata and Lingard out of that team ASAP!

Stadjer

His best games for us were against PSG and Arsenal, where he played on the wing.

Get him and James hugging the touchline and getting at players. You know, the 'United way'. Think someone keeping the width would also be more beneficial for Wan-Bissaka who is more of an overlapping full back, rather than someone who you give all the attacking responsibilities to.
The United way... does crossing even still work in modern football? Almost all wide players cut inside with fullbacks providing overlap. Crossing for headers seems like a gameplan from the past.

Walters_19_MuFc

The United way... does crossing even still work in modern football? Almost all wide players cut inside with fullbacks providing overlap. Crossing for headers seems like a gameplan from the past.
Not even necessarily crossing, but starting wide in order to stretch teams makes a massive difference. You look at Liverpool and City, their wingers won't start narrow. They will cut in once they are in the final third, but when building up, their wings stay high and wide, especially City.

Liverpool, according to whoscored.com, top the list in terms of crosses per game (23) with City 5th with 20.

Johan07

Not even necessarily crossing, but starting wide in order to stretch teams makes a massive difference. You look at Liverpool and City, their wingers won't start narrow. They will cut in once they are in the final third, but when building up, their wings stay high and wide, especially City.

Liverpool, according to whoscored.com, top the list in terms of crosses per game (23) with City 5th with 20.
We pushed our wingers out wide in the "second phase" under LVG as well. Did not end up so good.
Its a classic Dutch tactic. In itself it wont help if you dont have the players for it.

Walters_19_MuFc

We pushed our wingers out wide in the "second phase" under LVG as well. Did not end up so good.
Its a classic Dutch tactic. In itself it wont help if you dont have the players for it.
Actually, that's when Martial used to destroy full backs, and we used to create a lot of overloads down the left with Young/Fellaini and Martial.

Johan07

Actually, that's when Martial used to destroy full backs, and we used to create a lot of overloads down the left with Young/Fellaini and Martial.
I prefer that way of playing also. But we dont have the defensive midfielder to manage it.
Matic is done, Garner is a teenager and thats about it for our squad.
You need to switch to a single number 6 if you are going to play with your wingers that wide in the second phase. Double pivot as we are playing now does not do it. Then you have to have at least one of your wingers narrow and tucked in. Like Pereira is playing now.
I understand why we are playing a double pivot now, because of all of the above. We need to seriously look at a DM now though. I would take anyone from Atletico Madrids midfield because they are all basically DMs and young as well: Saul, Partey, Koke. I would prefer two of them, but thats not realistic. It would transform our team to get at least one of them. IMO.

el3mel

I said it previously and I'll say it again I don't see what's so explosive about his talents some seem to see. He's just an average talent all around. Decent but nothing extraordinary.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I said it previously and I'll say it again I don't see what's so explosive about his talents some seem to see. He's just an average talent all around. Decent but nothing extraordinary.
Who was the last player we brought in who looked superb though?
We seem to have a gift for totally stalling players.

We brought Pogba in for goodness sake, who most would put in world teams, and he's not looked as we hoped.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He can't defend and is always injured. I'd like to see some of his youth games for Porto because he was massively rated across Europe for years before we signed him.

Banana Republic

Dalot was the youngest player in our starting line up today.
Struggled a bit with Saint-Maximin at first, but he got the measure of him in the end.
At least he's one of the few triers in this squad.
Don't write him off yet.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

On one hand he surely is not our worst player and not one of our biggest issues. On the other hand he sort of represents what has been wrong with our club within the past 6 years (or probably even longer).
Bad scouting bringing in the wrong players. We spent so much money on max. average players it really is digusting. Also our own youth does not really set my heart on fire.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
On one hand he surely is not our worst player and not one of our biggest issues. On the other hand he sort of represents what has been wrong with our club within the past 6 years (or probably even longer).
Bad scouting bringing in the wrong players. We spent so much money on max. average players it really is digusting. Also our own youth does not really set my heart on fire.
I don't see how you can call him average, he's better than Gary Neville at the same age. If the coaches think he's decent then he needs time. He can also fill in more than one position which is always useful.

Roboc7

I don't see how you can call him average, he's better than Gary Neville at the same age. If the coaches think he's decent then he needs time. He can also fill in more than one position which is always useful.
Better than Gary Neville? That’s nonsense, Dalot is nothing like as good as Neville was. Dalot will be 21 soon, Neville was playing for England at Euro 96 at 21.

Dalot has it all to prove, can’t be written off but also hasn’t shown a lot. Needs an injury free run for a while now otherwise it’s going to be tough for him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Better than Gary Neville? That’s nonsense, Dalot is nothing like as good as Neville was. Dalot will be 21 soon, Neville was playing for England at Euro 96 at 21.

Dalot has it all to prove, can’t be written off but also hasn’t shown a lot. Needs an injury free run for a while now otherwise it’s going to be tough for him.
Who else did England have? For me, Neville was bang average until about the age of 25 when he both worked out the offside rule and how to cross the ball.

Sterling Archer

Is it bad that he reminds me of Darmian?

Status
Not open for further replies.