Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sillwuka

I think Dalot will become our go tool utility full back for the foreseeable future. I can't see him carving out a first team place but given time you just never know.

He looks alot more silky on the ball compared to Darmian but he's not too dissimilar except from his dribbling/stepovers.

peridigm

When you're at the shop window and the display item is broken do you buy it? Of course not. Dalot was injured when we signed him which creates more questions about our transfer policies. He'll go the way of Darmian and be gone in a year or two.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think there's a good and versatile player in there, but he needs to be able to stay fit at least for a few months if he's ever going to come close to realising it.
this is it. It’s not easy to come back into a struggling team in our hardest match after so long out. Let’s give him a few months training and playing injury free and see how he gets on. Obviously if he can’t stay fit or doesn’t kick on for whatever reason then he’ll be gone in a season or 2. He was touted as a very big talent so on that basis alone I think we have to at least get him match fit d give him a shot before we totally write him off.

Tranmere Rovers 0:6 Man Utd

kundalini

Fantastic goal but after that he was really untidy. One decent near post shot in the 2nd half. Got beaten very easily by their wide player.

Based Adnan

His first full match since coming back from a long term injury so he clearly isn't as sharp/fit as he could be. Well taken goal.

Nick7

Needs a lot of work on his crossing if he’s going to make it as an attacking full back.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Really surprised with the goal considering how bad he was afterwards. Couldn't pass,cross or shoot. Wouldn't look out of place in the lower divisions.

Ace of Spades

Needs to stay fit, has enough talent but needs to work on the training ground and get games. Injury prone players rarely fulfill their potential, even if they are very talented.

Mickson

Never in a million years a better full back than Laird but exactly as Ole used Rojo before Williams he is going to change his mind here eventually. Good goal though.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's basically the right side version of [Irrelevant point]. More a wingback than full back in my opinion. Conte would have love to work with this guy as his wing back.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Wasn't he the biggest talent coming out of the Portuguese academies when we first got him?
Pretty sure that was probably Joao Felix. Think Dalot was quite highly rated though. Haven't seen it myself yet, but it's way too early to make any sort of judgment call on him.

SAFMUTD

Better as a RW than RB, he’s way too injury prone though. I don’t think he’ll make it here sadly.

Welbeckham

I don’t understand what do people see in him that makes him an RW option. Apart from that one goal, he’s never really shown anything that would even remotely suggest he’s good enough to play that position for us. Despite the test results, he seems very slow on the field, isn’t a good passer, crosser or striker of the ball, not a great dribbler, technically decent at best. Like someone said, wouldn’t look out of place in the lower leagues, and these couple academy prospects look like much bigger talents at the moment. A loan could be the best thing for him currently.

Andersonson

First start in a long long time, did well considering the pitch.

A goal is always good and the attacking intent is there. Needs work of course, but a young player who has been injured for so long it was mostly positives.

Man Utd 0:0 Wolves

MAME DIOUF 32

Not great when you're desperate for a goal and a right back has to come on and play left wing. Unlucky with that header at the end - adjusted himself well to get the header at goal and inches away.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Should've came on early considering the right side of the pitch was open for the majority of the game.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
That chance at the end is what our striker is supposed to be doing. Getting into those positions, tussling with the defender to get on the end of that chance. You know, the scrappy goals that Ole talks about. But our striker is too busy walking around outside the box so a full back has to do that for him.

PepsiCola

Would start him at RB for a spell.

AWB is just horrid going forward and awful on the ball.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Why not play him on the wing with AWb at the back?

He can't do worse than our current lot who are non-existent 90% of the time.

Kostov

Considering our RW options, I'd rather he plays there and AWB stays at full back. But knowing Ole he will find a way to play Lingard, Pereira or Mata there before trying something new.

mattunited1978

doommonger
Should of came on for AWB early in the 2nd half, Stevie Wonder would of seen it, worrying our manager couldnt.

Banana Republic

Should have come on much earlier in the 2nd half when it was obvious James wasn’t doing anything and looked lost.
Dalot can at least beat a player and when playing further forward is willing to get into the box.
The “box”, you know, that place where Martial is afraid to go. The bogey man must live in there or something?

Full bodied red

Sort of Ashley Young in reverse.

Signed as a FB and might have a career here as a RW.

Right now, he looks a better bet than James - and the way we played Williams and Shaw together against Citeh, and it sort of worked, I'd do the same against Chelski with Dalot in front of AWB.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Would start him at RB for a spell.

AWB is just horrid going forward and awful on the ball.
No. It's not a better option at RB, he isn't horrid and awful. I'd wager AWB is a lot more active going forward than Dalot, and much more well rounded player.

Right now, he looks a better bet than James - and the way we played Williams and Shaw together against Citeh, and it sort of worked, I'd do the same against Chelski with Dalot in front of AWB.
No he doesn't. James had a bad game but Wolves know how to nullify him and the ref fecked up. The two great things he did had Wolves desperate to foul him, but ref fecked up. When James get space, it's always dangerous. Azpi isn't at all quick anymore.

Marcus

I would play Dalot as a right winger in front of AWB for the next few games. He has the skills to make an impact there.

Marcus

Should have come on much earlier in the 2nd half when it was obvious James wasn’t doing anything and looked lost.
Dalot can at least beat a player and when playing further forward is willing to get into the box.
The “box”, you know, that place where Martial is afraid to go. The bogey man must live in there or something?
Totally agree. I think he can be our stop-gap RW. Criminal that he did not come on earlier.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I like him further forward as it just seems far more natural to him and purely because he cant defend for shit.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I like him further forward as it just seems far more natural to him and purely because he cant defend for shit.
I dont agree. He isnt world class at defending but i wont say his defending is worse than any other attacking fullback. Give the guy a break. For last 1 and half season, he has been injured with one thing or another. Lets assess his defending prowess when he has an injury free stint for 6 months. He is still quite young.

Status
Not open for further replies.