Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Is he a worse defender than Trent? Maybe marginally?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's pretty much Young's replacement since he can cover both sides of full back. Improvement in his defense, he can be a good full back.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was a poor performance. He hasn’t gotten going since coming here in all honesty.

Bwuk

He hasn’t ever really kicked on since he joined. Poor today.

LJJT

Agree I think he’s pretty poor unfortunately. Too soft defensively, didn’t get forward at all today. Hope he comes good but not much to give hope at the moment

-Supreme-

I know this is only his first game back from injury but he hasn't had a good game at RB since he joined us, defensively he has always looked suspect and not good enough to play on the RW.

DVG7

Unfortunately looks like an average player, not cut out for a high level.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What did he actually do today? didn't attack, didn't defend.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
20m feels like a waste now. Injuries have taken a toll and it shows. Not sure about whether he can recover his form.

He'sRaldo

I think this was his first game after a long layoff. Most likely will need a string of games to get going.

luisnani86

Watched him play a game last season - can't remember which but believe it was at Molineux - where in the first five minutes he threw a man with a nice stopover and put a good ball in a couple of times. Since then has looked nothing more than mediocre - not good enough going forward to be a RW, and not good enough defensively to be a RB. Don't think he starts for any PL club which is a shame really as he was touted to be our answer at RB post-AV.

He was good for the first few games. As usual we injure a player and they never look the same again.

RedDevilRoshi

He was very poor tonight and played a part for their goal.

With AWB comfortably our 1st choice RB and Ethan Laird coming through, it doesn’t look that great for Diogo.

kundalini

Quiet match. Expected him to be more ambitious, take players on. Instead it was all rather safe. One good cross early in the 2nd half that Lingard shot wide from.

Brightonian

Disappointing because normally when he gets these occasional chances he looks like he has something about him in an attacking sense. Nothing doing today.

jimmyb2000

When we bought him it was said he was the best young right back in Portugal yet he's shown nothing of any note since he's been here other than a nice goal against Tranmere. Looks destined to join the "not good enough" list along with Mata, Lingard and Pereira

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think this was his first game after a long layoff. Most likely will need a string of games to get going.
always this. Judge him after he gets decent a run in the team and an injury free season around the team before writing him off. Doesn’t look amazing currently but we write players off so quickly. Form can change drastically from season to season

UDontMessWith24

Can't help but laugh at the notion that the sample size on a 20-21 year player that has battled injuries is sufficient to make all the declarations that are being made here.

Mickson

always this. Judge him after he gets decent a run in the team and an injury free season around the team before writing him off. Doesn’t look amazing currently but we write players off so quickly. Form can change drastically from season to season
Almost two seasons played now. Has showed nothing really. Did you need time to assess Alexander Büttner as well?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I think he struggles a lot from not really having a best position. Not defensively sound enough to be a fullback, not good enough going forward to be a winger. But as a footballer, he clearly has some talent. If we can work on his defensive game then hopefully he can fulfill a P.Neville/JOS role in the squad. He definitely doesn't need to be the first out the door and I do think he could be a good squad player.

SER19

I think he struggles a lot from not really having a best position. Not defensively sound enough to be a fullback, not good enough going forward to be a winger. But as a footballer, he clearly has some talent. If we can work on his defensive game then hopefully he can fulfill a P.Neville/JOS role in the squad. He definitely doesn't need to be the first out the door and I do think he could be a good squad player.
Agree with all of this

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You'd think a wingback would be the perfect position for him, but he was just completely invisible last night which isn't great.

I guess he's still young and needs to build up his fitness, and confidence. I'm not writing him off yet but we need more than that - people say AWB going forward is poor but at least he never hides.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Almost two seasons played now. Has showed nothing really. Did you need time to assess Alexander Büttner as well?
Almost 2 seasons but how many consecutive games? dalot was regarded as the best young RB of his generation in Portugal. There’s a bit of a difference between him and butner. I love a moan as much as the next fan but this is a young player who hasn’t played much, been injured and we’ve been a fecking mess most of the time he’s been here, also playing RW and RB in a disjointed team... people expect him to come straight back in and dominate games? It’s not just games either. It’s confidence. There are a lot of fine margins impatient fans can’t or don’t want to see. Lots of transfers don’t work out for a myriad of reasons. I wish him the best and hope he can kick on here. He’s not on huge wages and lots of clubs will be inclined to gamble on him due to how highly rated he was as a teenager.

Mickson

Almost 2 seasons but how many consecutive games? dalot was regarded as the best young RB of his generation in Portugal. There’s a bit of a difference between him and butner. I love a moan as much as the next fan but this is a young player who hasn’t played much, been injured and we’ve been a fecking mess most of the time he’s been here, also playing RW and RB in a disjointed team... people expect him to come straight back in and dominate games? It’s not just games either. It’s confidence. There are a lot of fine margins impatient fans can’t or don’t want to see. Lots of transfers don’t work out for a myriad of reasons. I wish him the best and hope he can kick on here. He’s not on huge wages and lots of clubs will be inclined to gamble on him due to how highly rated he was as a teenager.
I ain't moaning for the sake of it. Just doesn't see anything in him and he really hasn't shown a lot. He is playing instead of Laird for the same reason Rojo played before Williams earlier: age. And like with Williams, Ole will be wrong.

TwoSheds

I ain't moaning for the sake of it. Just doesn't see anything in him and he really hasn't shown a lot. He is playing instead of Laird for the same reason Rojo played before Williams earlier: age. And like with Williams, Ole will be wrong.
That and Laird's injured of course...

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We shouldn't definitely be looking to whore him around in the summer to see if there's any takers. Even if it's just on loan

TwoSheds

He hasn't always been injured when Dalot has been picked before. But yeah, maybe he should have picked Laird but you don't believe that do you?
I believe in United having talented defenders who are fit to play 80%+ of our games. Laird will get his chance if he can stay fit, same as Tuanzebe. Same as Dalot of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.