Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezpeza

Weird one dalot. Thought he might be good and has looked okay, albeit in cup games at tranmere. Obviously isnt good. Kind if snuck up on me that he has been here two seasons, has never had a sniff over young, we forked out 50 mil on AWB rather than chance on him, Williams comes through and then today TFM steps in. Guess hes on his bike

Onerealunited

Based what did we buy Dalot back in the times instead of his team mate Ricardo Pereira who went to Leicester? I thought he was the bigger talent since we paid EUR 20m for an unknown player

khoazany

Weird one dalot. Thought he might be good and has looked okay, albeit in cup games at tranmere. Obviously isnt good. Kind if snuck up on me that he has been here two seasons, has never had a sniff over young, we forked out 50 mil on AWB rather than chance on him, Williams comes through and then today TFM steps in. Guess hes on his bike
i think could be because TFM is better at LB than Dalot, since TFM is generally more versatile anyway.

edcunited1878

He's clearly a squad player, but even I didn't think today was a good matchup for him to slot in. Defensively and physically, he's just not up to the standard. Not sure if he'll get there either as a PL player, but he's a good cup player. He'll have to improve and work hard or be moved out in time.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's still very young, hope we are getting the profit if we end up with decision to sell him. However, Dalot's case was always weird one, we have some good young full backs in academy but we signed another inexperienced one. Mourinho's signings been awful for most of them, I meant he also rated Issa Diop highly, you kinda want to question his skill on judging young defender.

sillwuka

There seems to be a myth that Dalot offers more going forward but I've not seen any examples, not sure where this comes from.

Ole isn't playing him because his defensive flaws come with no positives up the other end. When I've seen him play he just seems to lack any urgency, compare that to the tenacity and drive Williams brings when he's on.

Lj82

So now he is behind Shaw, Williams and TFM at left back, and behind Wan-Bissaka and Williams at right back. Not looking good for him. For his own good, he probably should leave the club.

RedIan

I think hes had a few good games where hes shown his attacking ability but He is inconsistent. If he couldnt get a game last night then i think his days here are numbered

Onerealunited

Can someone please tell me why we bought Dalot in the first place instead of his team colleague Ricardo Pereira? Was he really so big a talent back then that we paid EUR 20m for him? That said I think he did have some good games for us though very few. He has also been very u lucky with injuries. It might prove a good solution to loan him out for 1-2 years where he can continue his development with 30+ games a year and then we could argue whether he is worth a spot in the team. It’s giving up to easy on a young player that hasn’t played much if we already now got rid of him permanently.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We should loan him out instead of just selling him.

Jezpeza

i think could be because TFM is better at LB than Dalot, since TFM is generally more versatile anyway.
im not so sure. He was bigged up as this plays right back or left back best young fullback in europe guy but obviously isnt up to much

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Based what did we buy Dalot back in the times instead of his team mate Ricardo Pereira who went to Leicester? I thought he was the bigger talent since we paid EUR 20m for an unknown player
He made 6 senior starts for Porto before we decided to spend £20m on him. Mental.

sp_107

Ole got an eye for players work rate, determination so he might have seen something with Mensah in the training. He warned even Mason at the beginning of the season and we are now reaping the benefits of Mason's hardwork. So we might see some turn over from Dalot too if he is serious to prove himself. what ever it be yesterdays night was a real downside for Dalot and its entirely in his hands now on how to react.

ArjenIsM3

He made 6 senior starts for Porto before we decided to spend £20m on him. Mental.
Back then I think it was said that Mourinho really rated him and thought he was the best RB of his generation. That's probably why we bought him. Wish we'd gotten Pereira though.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I'm guessing we'll see him against LASK.

If Jose liked him so much he can come and get him, I suppose. Spurs can use a right back.

RedDevil@84

He is only 21. I wouldn't write him off as such.
I believe Ole will work with him and see how best he could use him. If nothing works, I am pretty sure Ole will push him out.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I know we see him as a RB, but surely the fact that we chose Fosu-Mensah who hasn't played for us for over 1000 days at LB over Dalot is a bit bizarre? Did Dalot not spend a lot of time at LB at Porto? Am I missing something?

Looks quite ominous to me. Don't think Ole fancies him, to the point where I'd imagine he's decided that he doesn't fit in here.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Wasn't he highly rated at Porto? I thought he was supppsed to be a massive talent.

Suedesi

Another Jose Mourinho masterclass. He's been here for 2 years and never competed with Ashley Young while he was here. Ashley fckn Young. Then we went for AWB and he never competed for a RB spot. On the left wing he never competes with Shaw, and when he's out, he's replaced by a RB (Williams). When both are unavailable we opted for a CB (TFM).

So, one might ask, what exactly is the point of Diogo Dalot? Why did we spend 20 million on him?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Another Jose Mourinho masterclass. He's been here for 2 years and never competed with Ashley Young while he was here. Ashley fckn Young. Then we went for AWB and he never competed for a RB spot. On the left wing he never competes with Shaw, and when he's out, he's replaced by a RB (Williams). When both are unavailable we opted for a CB (TFM).

So, one might ask, what exactly is the point of Diogo Dalot? Why did we spend 20 million on him?
If you'd watched him playing for Porto smashing it at right-back and left-back when he was only 18/19 you'd know why, at the time it looked like a bargain.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
He must be truly shocking in training because youd think he has the skillset to be a better option than AWB in the system were trying to play.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Apparently we are looking into him as an option to loan with potential to buy. Of all the players on your list that you would be open to selling I think he’s probably the one with the most potential. I don’t think he’s been given enough time at United to show what he’s capable of. We would be playing him as a RB I think. I’d be in favour tbf for a loan, see how he does and then take up the option rather than sign him on a perm straight away.

roonster09

Scout
Apparently we are looking into him as an option to loan with potential to buy. Of all the players on your list that you would be open to selling I think he’s probably the one with the most potential. I don’t think he’s been given enough time at United to show what he’s capable of. We would be playing him as a RB I think. I’d be in favour tbf for a loan, see how he does and then take up the option rather than sign him on a perm straight away.
Loan with option to buy doesn't make sense for us. Either it should be dry loan or loan with obligation to buy.

I thought Everton have 2 better RBs already. Dont see the point in signing him.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I rated him and still do. He is better than Williams for sure (for me at least). I don't know what went wrong with him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Loan with option to buy doesn't make sense for us. Either it should be dry loan or loan with obligation to buy.

I thought Everton have 2 better RBs already. Dont see the point in signing him.
Coleman is 31 and isn’t v good anymore.
Sidibe could be great but he has 1 good game in 10 (also on loan so needs replaced if we don’t take up the option to buy).
Kenny is alright.

There’s definitely room for a new RB.

roonster09

Scout
Sidibe could be great but he has 1 good game in 10 (also on loan so needs replaced if we don’t take up the option to buy).
Kenny is alright.

There’s definitely room for a new RB.
Makes sense, from Everton point of view signing someone like Max Aarons will be better deal.

gajender

Makes sense, from Everton point of view signing someone like Max Aarons will be better deal.
Mate don't give them any Ideas ,Everton does know how to play with our emotions first they wanted Rojo now Dalot I hope we recoup our money on Dalot atleast.

roonster09

Scout
Mate don't give them any Ideas ,Everton does know how to play with our emotions first they wanted Rojo now Dalot I hope we recoup our money on Dalot atleast.
Selling players like Dalot should be a problem IMO. We will have plenty of clubs who will take him. Hopefully he will loaned out for a season before making rash decisions. For all we know, Ole might be sacked next season and our next manager might like players like Dalot.

shahzy

Damn he's still only 31? He is one of those players that feel like they have been around for ever. I remember hearing the commentators say his name back when we had Ronaldo in our team. Also like many of those players that feel like they have been around for ever, they have a million miles on their legs by the time they are 30-31 seem to lose their legs and what made them great players

Devil81

Jesus, if Everton wants him let him go.

A defender that can't defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.