Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

What's happened to this guy? I thought he was the most talented right back of his age group or something and now he can't get a game ahead of Timothy Fosu Mensah

Lee565

Obviously well out of favour but the club would be stupid to sell him at his age, would be far better to loan him out for a few seasons to a good settled footballing club and see how he does, chelsea do it all the time with their youngsters and tend to end up reaping the benefits of selling them on for good prices.

Bwuk

Obviously well out of favour but the club would be stupid to sell him at his age, would be far better to loan him out for a few seasons to a good settled footballing club and see how he does, chelsea do it all the time with their youngsters and tend to end up reaping the benefits of selling them on for good prices.
Agreed but don’t think we will.

He had all the hype but he’s never been given a consistent run in the side. I’d loan him to a Championship team next season - maybe Derby, or Norwich if they lose Aarons.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Want to kick-start this discussion again.

What the feck happened?

Fosu-Mensah went over 1000 days without playing for us. Two very dodgy loan spells. Still came in before him.

There was actually a moment against West Ham when Williams was getting roasted and every player on our bench was warming up except for Dalot.

Is he a joke in training?

I feel like in terms of his performances he's a consistent 6/10. He never did enough to captivate but never fecked up enough to be discarded. But Ole obviously has done.

Anyone have any ideas?

SAFMUTD

What the feck happened?

Fosu-Mensah went over 1000 days without playing for us. Two very dodgy loan spells. Still came in before him.

There was actually a moment against West Ham when Williams was getting roasted and every player on our bench was warming up except for Dalot.

I feel like in terms of his performances he's a consistent 6/10. He never did enough to captivate but never fecked up enough to be discarded. But Ole obviously has done.

Anyone have any ideas?
he doesnt seem the kind of guy that has attitude problems so I think he just must be really really poor as feck in trainings.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

What the feck happened?

Anyone have any ideas?
He reminds me bit of [Irrelevant point]. A wingback who can put a good delivery, shite defending & offer no pace but Alonso at least deadly in scoring goals, strong physically & at least rarely get injured. Mourinho is looking for a right back, might should just sell 30m-35m to Mourinho since he rated him highly.

He's below Mensah for the pecking order probably either because he's not doing good enough in training or he already had contacted with another club for next season move. To be fair though, he was given decent number of chances by Ole last season so it's not like he wasn't given enough chances to show what he can do. And the fact that Ole decided to spend 45m on right back shows that he wasn't pleased with Dalot. It could be another unsurprisingly bad signing from Mourinho, weird signing especially when there is Williams & Laird as well.

Jibbs

He came at United just at the wrong time. He should have stayed in Porto for 2,3 years more and continued his progression.
Even at United, instead of loaning him out and giving him chance to progress the management just stalled him after AWB arrival.

Alemar

I rated him and still do. He is better than Williams for sure (for me at least). I don't know what went wrong with him.
How is he better than Williams when he can’t defend? Williams, for example, was respectable defensively yesterday.

It’s not like he needs to have Bissaka level defensive prowess, but at least average defending is a must

Djemba-Djemba

He's shit, can't defend and his much vaunted attacking side is actually pretty useless since he never shows it in games.
This.

I don't think I've been impressed with him at all outside of his first few games last season where I think he dribbled past a few players. His defending is crap and like you said I don't understand where this idea he's good going forward comes from. His crossing is shite.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He'll be loaned out or sold this transfer window. It's clear Ole and the coaching staff don't rate him that highly.

Canagel

the manager for whatever reason doesn't like him but I still think in the right system he is very good . He has skill, can beat a man and our best fullback at crossing, and we played 5 at the back yet never startd him which is strange

Stadjer

the manager for whatever reason doesn't like him but I still think in the right system he is very good . He has skill, can beat a man and our best fullback at crossing, and we played 5 at the back yet never startd him which is strange
He cant defend. Less of a problem with 5 defenders but still not ideal.

Nick7

He can’t cross though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Give him a chance to compete with Williams and Laird who's had his own injury issues for the back up right back role. Otherwise a premier league loan might do him good.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Can't really explain, but something was off with him for me everytime he was given chance, like he's not concentrated enough, doesn't understand the game.

He does have a potential to be a good player, but I've never seen all that "most talented RB in his age group" thing that was going on about him. When Williams was given chance to play you could immediately see he's gonna do the job, same goes for Tuanzebe in the start of the season, and Mason of course.

IMO he lack focus and concentration to be in the game for the 90minutes, he's easily distracted by outside things (shouting of opponent players, coaches, supporters etc.) which makes him liabilty and someone you can manipulate into mistakes.

Could be wrong, but for me that's something I think he has problem with. Willliams is complete opposite, he'll made mistakes because he's young and learning, but he'll never be influenced by outside things. When we played Chelsea away he was shouted and abused by Chelsea supporters but he didn't even flinch, like they're not even there, just went with his game and remained focused only on the thing on the pitch.

el3mel

21 years old, had huge reputation at youth level..... let's sell him.

For all the criticism, turns out Dalot played a role in helping Bruno settle down.

What do we do with this reputation stuff ? The guy has never managed to prove he deserves more time whenever he played, and he's miles away from AWB at the moment.

Tarrou

If we could get £10m for him I'd take it

hopefully someone will pay that because he looks shite

Revan

Assumptionman
21 years old, had huge reputation at youth level..... let's sell him.

For all the criticism, turns out Dalot played a role in helping Bruno settle down.

He also got that famous penalty that gave us the best UCL night post-Fergie. Legend!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we could get £10m for him I'd take it

hopefully someone will pay that because he looks shite
He's worth more than that man. Minimum is £20m. You have to look at his age as well. Not every fees is based on their current ability but also due to young age means he has lot of time to make progress and improve. Solanke cost £19m because he was 21.

Tarrou

He's worth more than that man. Minimum is £20m. You have to look at his age as well. Not every fees is based on their current ability but also due to young age means he has lot of time to make progress and improve. Solanke cost £19m because he was 21.
he hasn't progressed since he arrived here, and picks up injuries too

I hope you're right but I just don't see it

if you were a PL manager would you want this guy in your defence?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
he hasn't progressed since he arrived here, and picks up injuries too

I hope you're right but I just don't see it

if you were a PL manager would you want this guy in your defence?
You need to look at the investment. If I’m Ancelotti I don’t mind going for Dalot as Coleman’s replacement. 21 years old right back means he can still be coached, learn, develop & improve. Even if he doesn’t become top right back if he somehow can become a decent one, just imagine 8 to 9 years of contribution is worth of more than 20m.

sillwuka

Dalot just doesn't seem to have any awareness, his positioning is always wrong when defending and attacking.

It's not his fault, he's just very average at most aspects and I think he will do well to be a rotational player at any lower prem team.

mu4c_20le

He needs a loan. He missed a lot of development through injury, and he needs to play regularly, not just hope for a decent cameo efvery now and then.

CM10

Solskjaer clearly doesn't trust Dalot at all but it's quite the statement to leave him out of the squad entirely today.

Based Adnan

Reckon he asked Ole to leave a while back which is why we've not seen him since

The United

Dalot just doesn't seem to have any awareness, his positioning is always wrong when defending and attacking.

It's not his fault, he's just very average at most aspects and I think he will do well to be a rotational player at any lower prem team.
That's what all he is so far in United shirt. Not to mentioned sometimes he thinks he is Ronaldo and shoots from anywhere. Tbf one of them led to the last min penalty in the game against PSG.

But, that's about it.

Tony247

Strange he didn't even appear on bench yesterday. What's going on with him?

Acole9

Outstanding
It was quite telling that even with 13 subs he still couldn't even be named in the match day squad. Academy players are getting the nod over him.

gajender

Sell him and use that money to buy a Lb and move Williams to Rb to compete with Wan-Bissaka and send Laird on loan to continue his development unless we have plans to use him next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.