Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shahzy

Too many soft cnuts on here ey. Fair play. You celebrate for the team you are playing on. Simple as that. Professional pride and integrity dictates you give it your all for the team you're playing for. That means you show that passion when that team scores.

Get over it. Can't believe a bunch of grown men are insulted by this.

Amir

It’s quite an old thing at least since I’ve been watching football (2004), it’s more that players have started celebrating more.
I actually think what has changed is that players are moving more between clubs so meeting an old team happens all the time.

Hughes35

Literally no idea why he's getting any stick.

The club he plays for scored a late goal. What else is he going to do?

UpWithRivers

European leagues have the opposite laws as the English game. In England, loaned players aren't allowed to play against their parent club. In CL and EL loaned players are always allowed to play against their parent club. No clauses can change that.
Thanks. 20 years watching football and you think I would know that!

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Too many soft cnuts on here ey. Fair play. You celebrate for the team you are playing on. Simple as that. Professional pride and integrity dictates you give it your all for the team you're playing for. That means you show that passion when that team scores.

Grown men? You don't read the Caf enough.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
He doesn't win the Europa League if we do so why wouldn't he do his best for Milan and celebrate when they score?

macheda14

But being outraged by the actual celebration seems to be a novelty to be fair.
Paul Ince against United (99), Van Persie against Arsenal (2013), Rooney against Everton(07), Welbeck against United (2015). People were as outraged then as they were now.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Unless he's deliberately giving the fans/players/management shit during the celebration, who cares? In this situation (an injury time equaliser) it would be more disrespectful to Milan not to celebrate than it is disrespectful to us to celebrate.

Thanks. 20 years watching football and you think I would know that!
I'm not sure if it's always been like that. I could be wrong but I think it used to be up to the clubs to decide whether the loanee could play.

Revaulx

Paul Ince against United (99), Van Persie against Arsenal (2013), Rooney against Everton(07), Welbeck against United (2015). People were as outraged then as they were now.
I was pretty pissed off about the Welbeck one, as he'd been given every opportunity to succeed at United. He chose to leave because the manager (rightly) refused to guarantee his being a regular starter at centre forward. Had he stayed (and stayed fit) he would have continued to feature frequently.

In Dalot's case, United are clearly anxious to see the back of him and he has no future here.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Dalot has hardly played a game for United.

I doubt he feels loyalty or an obligation for respect at the back of his mind when his team scores a last minute goal.

From what I heard Dalot has had a more open career at Milan in comparison to United.

He will think his United years was nothing much and not important- just as we regard him as a player.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He played well.

Have no issue with him celebrating or for ‘trying to get McTominay sent off’, which in itself is a weird way to look at it. McTominay was the one trying to get McTominay sent off - and he 100% should have walked. Dalot is not supposed to want United to win the game, he’s not supposed to be indifferent about the result - he absolutely should be wanting Milan to win and go through. This doesn’t impact his ability to want United to win a game if he finds himself back here next year, or Sevilla if he happens to be playing for them. It’s a game of football, not national allegiance.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He’ll have played more games for Milan than United by the end of the season. Anyone complaining about a celebration is daft.

stevoc

Couldn't disagree more. The whole not celebrating against past or parent clubs is ridiculous. His aim is to get through to the next round, last minute goal and you want him to stand with his arms folded? :lol: Nah, celebrate, it means feck all and fans get overly sensitive about it.
He didnt need to be that stoic. A quick respectful handshake, maybe a pat on the back and perhaps even a quick low key fist pump.

Or any combination of those things, but not all 3. That would be taking the piss.

Eugenius

I was pretty pissed off about the Welbeck one, as he'd been given every opportunity to succeed at United. He chose to leave because the manager (rightly) refused to guarantee his being a regular starter at centre forward. Had he stayed (and stayed fit) he would have continued to feature frequently.

In Dalot's case, United are clearly anxious to see the back of him and he has no future here.
I think that's revisionist around Welbeck. We had RVP, Rooney and Falcao ahead of him. And LvG didn't play wingers initially so he wouldn't play on the wing (as sometimes under SAF). Turns out all the above strikers were past it too in fact.

On Dalot - he didn't stand out to me yesterday. He's clearly got some good technique and wants the ball to feet, but doesn't have the drive we need to get up the pitch and is fairly bad at 1vs1 defending. You need to have a pretty good engine to do what we ask of our full backs.

stevoc

:lol:

Are you a hard cnut?

Revaulx

I think that's revisionist around Welbeck. We had RVP, Rooney and Falcao ahead of him. And LvG didn't play wingers initially so he wouldn't play on the wing (as sometimes under SAF). Turns out all the above strikers were past it too in fact.
Hardly. If LvG really hadn't got any plans to use Welbeck, he surely wouldn't have given him so much game time in pre-season. We played some excellent football (and won a "trophy" :drool:); Welbeck was a big part of that.
On Dalot - he didn't stand out to me yesterday. He's clearly got some good technique and wants the ball to feet, but doesn't have the drive we need to get up the pitch and is fairly bad at 1vs1 defending. You need to have a pretty good engine to do what we ask of our full backs.
Yeah that's a fair analysis. i know AWB has his limitations, but Dalot certainly isn't the answer to them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You lot are mad, so he shouldn't celebrate...he might as well not be allowed to play.

stevoc

You lot are mad, so he shouldn't celebrate...he might as well not be allowed to play.
It's interesting that loan players are allowed to play against their clubs in Uefa competitions. In England it isn't allowed for obvious conflict of interest reasons.

Zoo

He was the same Dalot that we knew when at United, defensively he’s still far too soft and doesn’t fancy it. It’s a shame because he has the attributes - height, build, good speed and technically sound. I’d be surprised if Milan made it permanent so I guess he’ll be back in England next season.

talking robot

Wouldn't mind him as back-up to Wan Bissaka. Bringing him back from loan would allow us to focus on recruitment in other more urgent areas.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sell him, he isn't good enough

Brightonian

Wouldn't mind him as back-up to Wan Bissaka. Bringing him back from loan would allow us to focus on recruitment in other more urgent areas.
Might as well, especially with Williams hanging around and Laird hopefully to come through in a couple of seasons. There's no-one available who will magically unseat a defender as rock-solid as AWB, whatever the various opinions about his attacking play. Dalot is as good a back-up as anyone, and his contract still goes to 2023 I think, which is about perfect.

RUCK4444

Shite. Let him go.

That’s not even harsh, it’s mild if anything. Average going forward and awful defensively.

Terrible signing from Mourinho.

Get rid anyway possible.

if we can get any sort of fee for him, great. He’s shown nothing to suggest he should be part of the squad. He has no stand out characteristics.

goodness knows what Jose saw in him.

Roboc7

Sell if we can get a decent fee, if we brought him back he’d never play and then becomes deadwood, he’s done enough at Milan that someone will take him now. Don’t see point in another Tuanzebe scenario where he ends up not playing.

slored1

He's the most meh player I've ever seen. No outstanding qualities, all he does are pointless stepovers and overhit crosses. Not cut out for this level, should be sold.

Devil may care

Ole's probably just doing the usual manager thing and praising a young player we still own, but if he wants to give him another shot next season then I don't mind.

SAFMUTD

Hope he continues to do well for Milan so we call sell him. He seems nothing impresive, he's not consolidated and not really a youngster anymore (turns 22 tomorrow) so if we are seeking to give youngsters a chance I much rather give them to Laird.

At the end of the day he's not good enough to be a starter nor I think he has the potential to eventually become one, so lets sell him and use that money on other players.

Bondi77

I see that the u21s made the Euros final and he is playing, has anyone been watching?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Maybe we should give him one more year? His contract expire in 23 (probably with an option to extend). He has not been great, but done ok at Milan. Been a good player for Portugal U21 this summer.

While we should be starting to expect things from a player at the age of 22, Robertson was at Hull in the Championship at that age. Trippier played for Burnley in the Championship. A player like Ricardo Pereira could not get a game at Porto.

I would hate to see ut give up on a young player too early...

led_scholes

Maybe we should give him one more year? His contract expire in 23 (probably with an option to extend). He has not been great, but done ok at Milan. Been a good player for Portugal U21 this summer.

While we should be starting to expect things from a player at the age of 22, Robertson was at Hull in the Championship at that age. Trippier played for Burnley in the Championship. A player like Ricardo Pereira could not get a game at Porto.

Here, he is going to be a backup for sure. IMO, more sensible is to sell him but with a buy-back option in case he fullfils his potential.

Here, he is going to be a backup for sure. IMO, more sensible is to sell him but with a buy-back option in case he fullfils his potential.
agree. He’s nowhere near to get enough games to develop here. We don’t need/ want two RBs that are both developing.

Should be sold. I don’t think he will ever be good enough, but yes a buy back clause would be a good idea.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is the smartest play but I wouldnt be against just keeping him one more year for backup and save the Trippier money for something else. It’s not like we are going to get big money for him at any stage, most likely just a reasonable buy back (if he goes for that)

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Had a decent year at Milan and doing well in the U21 tournament. Seems daft that we'd move on so quickly, especially when we don't have any decent cover for the position.

We're hardly gunna get a big fee, so we don't really lose anything by bringing him back for a year. All he has to do is be better than Williams and he's already improved the squad.

TheReligion

Abusive

I'm starting to think this myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.