Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallis

If he can bring up his defensive game a bit, he can be a very effective full back. He is pacey and very good athlete. His attacking side will develop more naturally and he can become a top quality fullback. Much higher ceiling than Williams and offers something which AWB doesn’t.
However I don’t think Ole has time for him so expect him to leave

izec

I'd rather keep Dalot than Trippier. Tripper looks decent in Spain, but he was lost at Spurs in his last season. PL is too pacey for him now.

Dalot is learning and improving.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'd rather keep Dalot than Trippier. Tripper looks decent in Spain, but he was lost at Spurs in his last season. PL is too pacey for him now.
But it’s alright for the player who didn’t look good enough in Italy?

izec

But it’s alright for the player who didn’t look good enough in Italy?
He looked good enough, arent they interested to buy him? Dalot is also young and improving, nobody is going to get better in the PL by sitting on the bench.

IRELANDUNITED

If he can bring up his defensive game a bit, he can be a very effective full back. He is pacey and very good athlete. His attacking side will develop more naturally and he can become a top quality fullback. Much higher ceiling than Williams and offers something which AWB doesn’t.
However I don’t think Ole has time for him so expect him to leave

If he has to leave would it be worth seeing if Madrid would take him in exchange for Trippier?

United in sin

I thought he performed well for Portugal in the Euro U-21 final against Germany.

He played a few good passes and crosses into the box and displayed some good dribbling but unfortunately none of his teammates were there to meet them and it was a shame.

Portugal lacked a true goal poacher I feel but Dalot didn't really put a foot wrong

Bondi77

I think he is worth keeping and I think he is a better bet than Williams and he can play both flanks. I would play him before I play Telles whom offers very little defensively anyway.

SAFMUTD

I think he is worth keeping and I think he is a better bet than Williams and he can play both flanks. I would play him before I play Telles whom offers very little defensively anyway.
Telles has been bang average but Dalot was awful, like a winger playing out of position. IMO he will never be top level, and he's neither a player with big potential or a consolidated one so we should take the money and move on.

meamth

If he genuinely still has that kind of potential like what Mourinho said, I want him to succeed in this tournament.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Some chatter that he could start for Portugal today. He’s an interesting player. Looked hopeless for a while before he went on loan, but he has good pedigree (in young player terms), and is still young enough to fulfil. With us needing cover at RB and it perhaps not being the biggest financial priority, he could feasibly get another season at least at the job.

Physically he’s a proper man now and he had a decent season in Milan.

-Supreme-

If we are to bring back Dalot then he has to be trusted and given a chance to contribute, no point having him as 'back-up' like Willams last season when he hardly got any mins on the pitch.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we are to bring back Dalot then he has to be trusted and given a chance to contribute, no point having him as 'back-up' like Willams last season when he hardly got any mins on the pitch.
If by the start of the season we are talking about potentially a contributing Euro 2020 winner, I can’t see the Williams treatment if he stays. But ultimately, it will be up to him.

-Supreme-

If by the start of the season we are talking about potentially a contributing Euro 2020 winner, I can’t see the Williams treatment if he stays. But ultimately, it will be up to him.
Ole has had enough time to evaluate Dalot when he was still at Utd plus a full season at Milan, so I don't think a tournament will suddenly change his view IMO unless he makes a Cafu style contribution.

We need to move players on more swiftly to avoid their value being depreciated further, one of our main issues when it comes to offloading players is that we have been keeping hold of them for too long which makes it difficult to sell as these players are no longer in the category of young and emerging talent, it also doesn't help for the fact that they don't get any game time.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Ole has had enough time to evaluate Dalot when he was still at Utd plus a full season at Milan, so I don't think a tournament will suddenly change his view IMO unless he makes a Cafu style contribution.

We need to move players on more swiftly to avoid their value being depreciated further, one of our main issues when it comes to offloading players is that we have been keeping hold of them for too long which makes it difficult to sell as these players are no longer in the category of young and emerging talent, it also doesn't help for the fact that they don't get any game time.
Unless we sent him out on loan to get some experience and he’s now successfully done that and ready to be reintegrated into our squad an improved player

-Supreme-

Unless we sent him out on loan to get some experience and he’s now successfully done that and ready to be reintegrated into our squad an improved player
The recent strong links with Trippier would suggest to me that the manager has been looking at alternatives than Dalot.

Sparky Rhiwabon

The recent strong links with Trippier would suggest to me that the manager has been looking at alternatives than Dalot.
Yes, although we only seemed to be interested in Trippier when we mistakenly thought he would be a cheap option

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Strange Inter aren't after him, they like ex AC players and our rejects and they just sold their RB

-Supreme-

Yes, although we only seemed to be interested in Trippier when we mistakenly thought he would be a cheap option
Yep, point still stands though, the manager clearly doesn't rate Dalot and I don't have much hope he will get much game time if he's coming back to Utd next season.

mav_9me

He was not good today. Got the ball quite a few times in open positions but did nothing.

United in sin

He did very well I thought. Fought valiantly and hardly put a foot wrong. He's gained some good experience in this short stint at this tournament

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Selling him and then buying expensive backup fb would be so stupid. He is better play now then he was year ago. I think he has future here

Trequarista10

Would like us to have this formation as an option:

Rashford - Greenwood
Telles - Pogba - Bruno - Dalot
DM
Shaw - Maguire - Tuanzebe
AWB is improving but don't think he'd ever make a serviceable wing back, and Williams needs a loan and will probably never make it anyway.

I'd keep Dalot and let him and Laird compete.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Rashford - Greenwood
DM
AWB is improving but don't think he'd ever make a serviceable wing back, and Williams needs a loan and will probably never make it anyway.

Telles is certainly not a good enough wing-back for me.

Trequarista10

Telles is certainly not a good enough wing-back for me.
Yeah it'd certainly be the weak link, both RWB and LWB. I'd love us to fulfill commit and buy two and out attacking wing backs, but it's probably unlikely. Something like Saka LWB, Hakimi RWB.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Rashford - Greenwood
DM

We will end up with playing 3 players who aren't good enough to start every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.