Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgipep

I still don’t understand how he hasn’t been loaned. He’s possibly the most defensively inept fullback I’ve ever seen so obviously isn’t going to get picked. But he still was hugely rated at youth level. Bloody loan him and see if he improves or at least let him get out and create some market value. We’re just flushing it all down the drain at the moment.
He is reported on £37.5k/week and that's a hefty sum for a fullback who can't defend. Not a lot of teams would be willing to pay that much and the theme this summer has been that we are not willing to give away too many gifts.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He is reported on £37.5k/week and that's a hefty sum for a fullback who can't defend. Not a lot of teams would be willing to pay that much and the theme this summer has been that we are not willing to give away too many gifts.
Loaning a player isn’t really a gift and at the moment we’re paying him to never play so we may as well pay him to play for someone else and create some actual value for us. All we’re doing now is destroying his value and still paying his wages.

georgipep

Loaning a player isn’t really a gift and at the moment we’re paying him to never play so we may as well pay him to play for someone else and create some actual value for us. All we’re doing now is destroying his value and still paying his wages.
I'm not arguing with you, just giving context that might explain the situation. Also, loaning a player without paying wages is an absolute gift.

Brighton 0:3 Man Utd

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s absolutely awful defensively and not good enough offensively to warrant that. If he was world class going forward you could consider it but he’s average in that direction too. Needs to be sold. Not sure how he was ever seen as a wonder kid.

MattofManchester

I think he did as I expected him to after playing once in months. A little under average. Had a few good moments, though. Doesn't seem to have any confidence and appears to have lost some of his pace. His mobility, in fact.
But there were a few positives.

The thing I noticed about him is positioning-wise, he seems ahead of both AWB and Williams,as he always seems to be in the right place.
But the problem is that even then it's still too easy to get past him.
If he can improve in that regard and be more assertive, he'd be a good defender, and if he lives up to potential offensively, he could be a fantastic player.

Sadly, I don't think it will be here.

Infestissumam

thought he was okay, given that he has been in the doghouse for what seems to be ages. Think he'll be sold and do well elsewhere, still think there's a solid player. Don't get Ole's handling of him while giving tons of chances to other players, but it is what it is.

Ash_G

I think he did ok given how little he's played in general. Still feel there's a player in there if he can get some consistent game time. Clearly needs to work on the defensive side but particularly if we had a faster CB on his side like Bailly than the cover is there. Personally would rather loan him somewhere than sell him although clearly don't know what he's like in training/attitude etc.

Zoo

I thought he was rubbish tbh. He needs a move whether on loan or permanent.

The White Pele

Really sloppy. Lost count of the number of times he lost the ball today. Even free-kicks and throw-ins from deep areas being put into dodgy areas. And defensively beaten too easily on multiple occasions.

Infestissumam

it was his second game since March. No idea how people expect him to do well under those circumstances, he's been frozen out for ages.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Such a let down of a performance. He gets robbed off the ball and simply gives up, compare that to Williams busting a lung on the other side every time there is a switch of possession. He was rubbish even going forward when he plenty of space to carry the ball only to turn sideways and square it to Fred.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Dalot's contribution to this game was to allow Bailly to shine as a covering centre back. Defensively he was all over the place and in attack he didn't offer all that much either. Another performance to make you wonder what he excels at?

Ace of Spades

Not surprised about his awful display, he needs game time. I think sell him or at least a loan is minimum as he won't get much game time here and won't improve sitting on the bench.

A good loan might fetch us a good fee.

frookydinho

So much negativity on this forum. Second game since March? Clearly lacking confidence.

Got into some decent positions. Feel for the boy, I hope he goes on to have a very good career

KjaAnd

Awful performance. Contributed with nothing in attack and defensively, he was all over the place. Dan fecking Burn managed to dribble past him!

sillwuka

His attacking contributions are a myth.

He can whip a half decent cross at times but that doesn't make him a more attacking full back threat like some make out.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I stubbornly believe there is a player in there if he could get enough playing time to develop, I just don’t know what position that would be in.

Wheato

I think I must have been watching a different game? One of the reasons why Mata ended up with so much time and space in the second half was because Dalot was making overlapping runs and taking the defenders with him. Sometimes on the outside and once down the inside. He was put through in a one on one with the keeper. How many times have we seen AWB in a one on one with only a keeper to beat. He also overlapped Mata and crossed the ball for Pogba to almost score with a header. He was shaky in the first half, but Bailly had the pace to tidy up. I think with more games and opportunities to improve, there is a decent player in there. Has has more than AWB and Shaw going forward, which is saying something.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes obviously lacking in confidence and its obvious Ole has no plans for him which is fine. I do think there's a good player there though. Needs consistent football, the right system and a coach who trusts him to get him to step up, so hopefully for his own good he moves somewhere he can get that.

acnumber9

I think I must have been watching a different game? One of the reasons why Mata ended up with so much time and space in the second half was because Dalot was making overlapping runs and taking the defenders with him. Sometimes on the outside and once down the inside. He was put through in a one on one with the keeper. How many times have we seen AWB in a one on one with only a keeper to beat. He also overlapped Mata and crossed the ball for Pogba to almost score with a header. He was shaky in the first half, but Bailly had the pace to tidy up. I think with more games and opportunities to improve, there is a decent player in there. Has has more than AWB and Shaw going forward, which is saying something.
That one cross you mention he actually took a touch away from goal under no pressure and gave himself a more difficult cross. His attacking game isn’t much better than his awful defending.

kundalini

A few careless moments but otherwise decent for his first game this season.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What was he highly rated at?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
When did he last play in a football match? Think we need to cut him a bit of slack but yeah, can see why we're looking to move him on

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Him and TFM, I’m equally shocked every time I see their names. Keep forgetting they even exist.

Asger

it was his second game since March. No idea how people expect him to do well under those circumstances, he's been frozen out for ages.
Which is unbelievable because AWB has been awful in attack. Maybe United just want defensive fullbacks like relegation clubs wants!

He really does look rubbish, every time he plays. Tonight no exception. He’s only 21 but he’s shown absolutely nothing to get excited about. We must be getting to a point where he’s blocking more obvious prospects like Laird (is he injured?)
I don’t like to be judgemental on young players. But with Dalot, I’ve not seen anything, not a single attribute to suggest he can be good enough to play for Utd.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
There’s something about him that makes me think he can still go on to be a good player but it definitely won’t be here. He needs regular games and trust at his age but I agree he’s been a really weird signing. Quite expensive but super raw and he'd barely shown anything at Porto before he moved here. we also really needed a new starting RB and it was obvious from the off it wouldn’t be Dalot... It sounds like a punt Jose took through his contacts that just didn’t work out at all. He was supposedly highly rated in youth football circles

Status
Not open for further replies.