Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KetilOwren88

Think he started ok, made a very good run just before Ighalo’s chance, which was ignored. Looked much more comfortable on the ball than Aaron and his positionating offensively was also way better streching for the side/and offside line. Sadly (and naturally), he played himself down in the 2. half showing that his defensive awarenes and 1 on 1 abilities aren’t good enough. I highly doubt he will make it here

Reiver

I think he's ok going forward, poor in defence. It annoys me to see him start at RB ahead of Williams.

Blood Mage

What the hell did our scouts see in him? There are better right-backs in League 1 and possibly League 2 as well.

SambaBoy

More comfortable on the ball going forward than AWB but not enough to compensate for his quite clear defensive problems. Gets beaten too often 1 v 1 in his time here and doesn't follow his man on the run.

SteveW

Just such a bad defender. Hopefully he moves on this week.

youmeletsfly

He was good in a few final third combinations, he could have even scored.

But boy on the other hand, he's so bad at so many basics things like positioning, when to step in on your opponent, when to step in and tighten the back 4, when to go wide, short vs long first touch, when and how to defend a cross.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He got further up the pitch than Mensah and he put in one decent cross.
That's all I can remember.

romufc

He is so poor. No wonder why Ole picks Fosu Mensah over him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
There are no stand out attributes in his game. He is poor defender and his attacking game isn't good either.

His passing is erratic, decent dribbler, sometimes he crosses well but most times they are overhit.

I hope he is loaned out where he can play regularly.

AC Milan still interested apparently
Have we blocked last nights broadcast From getting to Italy?

Clear he needs to be moved on. No real need for a loan as we have good options at full back. The lad needs to play somewhere, and it’s not happening at United.

poleglass red

It's tough, not playing and then being drafted into a reserve type team for cup games but he's been poor. He is somewhat okay on the ball, nice cross for Pogba but his postioning is awful. The way Dan Burn got past him and then Bailly came in with sliding challenge was just too easy, by a man Mata had outsprinted in 1st half. Bailly made a great cover in 1st half as well, Dalot was idly jogging back when Bailly sprinted back to cover his side.I'd like to see him develop but I'm not sure his position, he's poor defensively, he's okay at times attacking but not enough that you'd play him in more advanced role like winger. Wing back in a good team maybe, where his defensive weakness can be covered.I think either sell him or loan him would be best for both player and club right now.

Robbie Boy

He is so unlike a fullback in the way he plays. Just seems like a very ordinary winger, played out of position.
Aye, he's a strange case alright. Was really highly rated as a youngster but it's never been clear to me why he was. He just doesn't have any attributes to be a FB.

kidbob

Good player, not sure why so many here think he’s rubbish. He’ll have a good career at a good club.
Agree with you. Good player but really needed the loan to regain confidence because he's at an age where Brandon is more suited to playing sporadically. I hope he'll have a good time there and come back with at a higher level. If he does then we have a crazy amount of potential at full back; Shaw (starting to become consistent, and can add more to his attacking game), Telles(great debut and a hell of a different attacking option), AWB (best defensive full back in the game, young enough to become at least a good attacker), Williams (despite criticism the lad is 20 and already at a good level, most balanced of our options in that he is a good attacker and defender, but he is a right back at senior level), Dalot (opposite of AWB, very good offensively and hopefully his loan gets his defensive level up, could do with being a bit more aggressive ala Rafael but can get there) and Laird (If he can overcome injury issues then I really believe he has the potential to be the best of this group, England starter level).

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Clearly a good footballer.

That said, his problems as a defender are quite glaring... and yet equally he is not really skilful enough as a winger. I think he will move on and do pretty well but won't really be missed as we have better options.

Btw his goal for Milan this evening came courtesy of a massive deflection and was probably an og. Nice assist with the outside of his right foot but showed he didn't fancy his left foot (playing LWB).

yfoFC

Where are the people who said he was bad offensively?

Yeah I know it's just one game but for a LB to get a goal and assist in just one game rubbishes any talks of his attacking prowess being "just a myth"

MS4

A really nice assist and a good goal. Maybe he will come good

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The pass for the second goal was nice

JawZ

I’ve always wondered if he could be retrained and play further up the pitch as a right winger. He puts in a decent cross, and his dribbling is one of his stronger skillset. His weakness has been on the defensive side where his positioning is questionable. Perhaps he could also play with a bit more pace as I don’t see him as someone extreme pacey.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I’ve always wondered if he could be retrained and play further up the pitch as a right winger. He puts in a decent cross, and his dribbling is one of his stronger skillset. His weakness has been on the defensive side where his positioning is questionable. Perhaps he could also play with a bit more pace as I don’t see him as someone extreme pacey.
Some of his best performances were when he came off the bench to play on the wing. Strangely he's been terrible every time he's started a match there though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.