Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Football United

Diogo Dalot has started 3 games so far this season for AC Milan since joining on loan from Manchester United and he has already scored 1 goal and has 1 assist to his name. Diogo Dalot is developing his game as a full-back in SERIE A and is getting a decent game time as well.

But According to reports AC Milan are exploring options to sign Diogo Dalot permanently from Manchester United and he's valued around 25m by AC milan.

Should United let him go or he has a future at Manchester United?

Web of Bissaka

I'll let him go, he's just not suited to the fast pace and quick tempo of PL.
He needs to play consistent games to adapt fast and get used to it, which he definitely will not get with AWB, Shaw, Telles and even Williams, TFM etc ahead of him.
Ole also don't even want to try him at RW/RM so.. zero chance, bad career move for him to join and remain at United.
He's also unsettled and seems lonely at United, not good for a young player who is struggling for games like him.

Let the boy go.

Foxbatt

Yes it's a much better career move for him. He is not going to be playing at United. At Milan he has a better chance of winning a trophy too.

Stevondo8

How has this loan been going? I know he’s not the best option but feel like could do with him back as a more attacking alternative to AWB until we sign someone else in that position. Think he’d be a better back up RB than Williams.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
How has this loan been going? I know he’s not the best option but feel like could do with him back as a more attacking alternative to AWB until we sign someone else in that position. Think he’d be a better back up RB than Williams.
Lately he's been dependable and uninspiring, on the bench over 50% of the time

KGBhoy

Started on the left for Milan today. Had a very bad cross so far.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Started on the left for Milan today. Had a very bad cross so far.
He was bad in the first half, but grew in the second half and came close to scoring on several occasions.

Ekeke

Seems he had a good game at left back. Won the ball a lot with 4 tackles and 4 interceptions, looks like he might be more solid defensively

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
are you happy with him? Will Milan be wanting to keep him?
I'm happy with him as backup. He can play on both flanks, he's strong in the air, he makes many progressive passes and it looks like there is a great utility player in there somewhere that's a few seasons away from being unleashed. He makes defensive errors, but it's not any worse than the ones I saw from Calabria in previous seasons and now Calabria is one of the best fullbacks in the league. I think Dalot has the physique and mentality to become very solid defensively. For the offense there's an interesting potential due to his technique, vision and sense for goals, but I don't think he has the pace to reach world class levels.

As useful as he has been, I think 15m or 20m is way too much for a backup fullback in our financial situation. That's what the club paid for Theo Hernandez and even that transfer fee was seen as too much at the time.
However the loan deal is working out for both parties, I think. It was a dry loan after all, meaning United wasn't sure if you want to sell him at all.
We get a temporary backup for free, no strings attached. You get valuable experience and a good test for a player with an uncertain future at your club.
I would not mind an extension on the dry loan, and I think United wouldn't mind it either.

Reactions: Invictus

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems he’s improving. The Milan fans at work at the start kept complaining about his lack of positions and that he never runs back after an attack

Marcus

If he can improve his defending, he could be attacking RB we are looking for.

Alemar

I'm happy with him as backup. He can play on both flanks, he's strong in the air, he makes many progressive passes and it looks like there is a great utility player in there somewhere that's a few seasons away from being unleashed. He makes defensive errors, but it's not any worse than the ones I saw from Calabria in previous seasons and now Calabria is one of the best fullbacks in the league. I think Dalot has the physique and mentality to become very solid defensively. For the offense there's an interesting potential due to his technique, vision and sense for goals, but I don't think he has the pace to reach world class levels.

As useful as he has been, I think 15m or 20m is way too much for a backup fullback in our financial situation. That's what the club paid for Theo Hernandez and even that transfer fee was seen as too much at the time.
However the loan deal is working out for both parties, I think. It was a dry loan after all, meaning United wasn't sure if you want to sell him at all.
We get a temporary backup for free, no strings attached. You get valuable experience and a good test for a player with an uncertain future at your club.
I would not mind an extension on the dry loan, and I think United wouldn't mind it either.
Fair assessment, I would have thought. It’s good that he is having some minutes at this level

gregor

I've watched few Milan matches recently and I thought he was pretty good. I think he could be reliable backup option for RB and LB positions.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been profiled as a squad player for much of what I’ve read on his loan so far but is starting tonight in the top of the table Milan derby game.

One of 4 United/Ex-United players on the pitch, or 5 in the matchday squads combined.

Alemar

It’s good that he starts such a high profile game. Must be finding form

NYAS

Been profiled as a squad player for much of what I’ve read on his loan so far but is starting tonight in the top of the table Milan derby game.

One of 4 United/Ex-United players on the pitch, or 5 in the matchday squads combined.
Just fyi it is a cup game. But still, doesn’t take much away from the significance in my view.

Mickson

He's not first choice, he wouldn't start if this was a league game against Inter. But he's kind of unfortunate that Hernandez and Calabria are two of the best fullbacks in the country. However, he is getting much playing time because when one of them is unavailable, he always plays. Also, Calabria has been playing in midfield a couple of times, and then Dalot fills in for him. It's a decent loan. We will have no problem selling him and getting a good fee if we want.

Steve 007

Darmian, Lukaku, Dalot, Ibra, Sanchez, Young on the bench.

I’m watching it now, really not impressed with the standard of Italian football, are these guys the two best teams? Sanchez is ripping all those defenders apart.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Darmian, Lukaku, Dalot, Ibra, Sanchez, Young on the bench.

I’m watching it now, really not impressed with the standard of Italian football, are these guys the two best teams? Sanchez is ripping all those defenders apart.
I can't remember when they last had two good teams. Everyone has been shite for a long while apart from Juve. Now Juve have regressed so it seems more competitive. A shame really.

Where does the league rank officially in Europe these days? England - Spain - Germany - Italy - France ?

Steve 007

I can't remember when they last had two good teams. Everyone has been shite for a long while apart from Juve. Now Juve have regressed so it seems more competitive. A shame really.

Where does the league rank officially in Europe these days? England - Spain - Germany - Italy - France ?
This is a tricky question. Barca and Real are distinctly average at the moment and have given Athletico a massive lead and with Barca’s massive debt they might not bounce back.
Lique 1 has two teams. Although with PSG not playing too well it looks like 3 and in the Bundesliga Bayern are 7 clear as usual.
The premier league is definitely the most competitive.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is a tricky question. Barca and Real are distinctly average at the moment and have given Athletico a massive lead and with Barca’s massive debt they might not bounce back.
Lique 1 has two teams. Although with PSG not playing too well it looks like 3 and in the Bundesliga Bayern are 7 clear as usual.
The premier league is definitely the most competitive.
Aye, this season is tricky to get a measure of pretty much anything. But prior to this season, I'd still say Juve were on the decline, as were Barca and Real, but not as alarmingly as now. And the Premier League is definitely a tricky beast to evaluate now. The two standout teams have dropped a few levels, while the rest has been stable, I guess.

The quality of football - or rather, the quality of the best teams in Europe is probably not close to where it's been for a while due to the schedule and the subsequent lack of consistency.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Starting today and has scored, quite spectacularly, against Verona away.

stevoc

Did he join in the celebrations of a goal against his own club?

ti vu

Did he join in the celebrations of a goal against his own club?
And he was seen very active in trying to get McTominay sent off.

Look like he wants to leave permanently that badly

Status
Not open for further replies.