Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welbeckham

Would still have him playing over Williams.
Williams was actually good for a few months in 19-20 season, much better than Dalot ever was, but since start of last season he’s looked hopeless too. I’d still play Williams over Dalot, because it’s less far-fetched to hope he will perform decently.

Ace of Spades

He was at the Euros, so he has not had that big a break. Just seemed like he was not even trying, looked like a player who did not want to impress at all.

Move him on.

Lassitude42

What position is he best at? He lacks the defensive ability to be a defender. He's not skillful enough to be a winger. Is he a midfielder? Maybe

Either way he isn't good enough for us and we should sell before others realise he's rubbish

Idxomer

He was bought for £19m from Mourinho's old club which always seemed suspicious to me.

Djemba-Djemba

Portugal, Milan, us at times. You don't play almost a 100 games for those 3 by the age of 22 if you're crap.

Struggles in defence but can dribble with the ball, occasionally put a decent ball in. In short your typical winger that was at some point made to play as a full back.
He has 2 portugal caps and it's not a vintage Milan side is it. He also played the majority of his Utd games when we were imploding under Mourinho.

There's this idea that he's shite defensively but good going forward but I just don't see it. His crossing is awful, he's no goal threat. It just feels like one of those things people repeat without thinking about it.

He's clearly not good enough for Utd, hopefully Milan want him back and he's gone for good.

Welbeckham

Struggles in defence but can dribble with the ball, occasionally put a decent ball in.
Can he though? On the wing he’s basically Dan James if you’d swap his pace for some useless step-overs (and more frequently overhit crosses).

El Jefe

It boggles the mind that with all the talents in Portugal, the two players Mourinho and his contacts brought over to United were Lindelof and Dalot.

That is enough proof that the man can't spot talent for shit and neither can his trusted scouts.

Djemba-Djemba

It boggles the mind that with all the talents in Portugal, the two players Mourinho and his contacts brought over to United were Lindelof and Dalot.

That is enough proof that the man can't spot talent for shit and neither can his trusted scouts.
Definitely something dodgy there.

The Dalot transfer especially.

Welbeckham

There's this idea that he's shite defensively but good going forward but I just don't see it. His crossing is awful, he's no goal threat. It just feels like one of those things people repeat without thinking about it.
This. He’s horrible going forward, but he’s somehow even worse defensively. And it’s not just his crossing and dribbling, but also simple ball control and passing ability (something the likes of Shaw and Valencia have been quietly great at) that lets him down.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Never seen what the fuss was about this lad. He's just not very good and he's 22 now, he should be pushing for a first team place. He needs to go down to a Europa league club and play regular football and develop, but hopefully that happens off our books. It was a bizarre transfer in all honesty, made even more weird by people assuming he'd become our first choice RB because we paid a lot of money for him despite playing feck all senior football. Think he'd only played like 5 senior games.

Wheato

The fact that we are actively trying to sign Trippier means that we probably won't be seeing much of Dalot for another season. I think he did enough at Milan to justify a transfer, but as everyone is skint at the moment, it seems unlikely now, Andreas is in the same boat.

Based Adnan

He was bought for £19m from Mourinho's old club which always seemed suspicious to me.
Nothing dodgy about it. He was highly rated and Porto were fuming that we triggered the release clause as he was going to be first choice LB that season. I think they were negotiating a new deal with him at the time to increase the clause.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's shit, anyone who rates him needs their eyes checked to make sure they aren't mixing him up for someone else.

Can't defend and his attacking game is worse than AWB from what he's shown us so far.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Nothing dodgy about it. He was highly rated and Porto were fuming that we triggered the release clause as he was going to be first choice LB that season. I think they were negotiating a new deal with him at the time to increase the clause.
Have we ever had a successful transfer from Porto? Feels like we should stay away from whoever is hyped there because it just never seems to work out. Lisbon on the other hand ..

Bad mistake for their goal but otherwise ok. He's a tidy enough player for a mid table club but he's not good enough at any one thing to make it here.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sell with a low price and buyback clause. It will be very disappointing for everyone if he doesnt turn into a proper player. When he was an U19 he looked heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Feel that people rate him due to a simple step over or two.

Dante

Average bang
Played well today. Better than he usually shows in a United shirt. But you can't judge too much from preseason either way.

Great header for the goal. He turned a shit cross from Fred into an assist with some fantastic improvisation.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I predicted he could be as good as Alves in the future and I stand by it. It might not happen with us but the kid is talented and can play. He is only 21 and people just forget that.

Hope we have patience with him and bring him up slowly.

snk123

I predicted he could be as good as Alves in the future and I stand by it. It might not happen with us but the kid is talented and can play. He is only 21 and people just forget that.

Have to admit I thought he was much, much older.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He had a solid game, forget the goal, also saved clean sheet for the team with timed clearance near the right post.

Nick7

Good goal, good clearance. Still don’t think he will ever been good enough. Just too much missing from his game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

He is 22 and he won't be anywhere near Alves. Alves is GOAT category RB, level is too high and he will fail if comparison is Alves.

bond19821982

He is 22 and he won't be anywhere near Alves. Alves is GOAT category RB, level is too high and he will fail if comparison is Alves.
Glad that you were following Alves since his Bahia or early Sevilla days. Because that's where he was at Dalot's age.

bond19821982

He was in his third season at Sevilla when he was Dalot’s age. And arguably their best player.
I dont even know how he was during his early days. If you remember that he was their best player, fine. But a simple stats check on Google shows very similar stats for both of them. Yes, Alves had a slightly better numbers but he has played more minutes.

Point is, Dalot has talent and needs games. He needs to be playing regularly to goto the next level.

roonster09

Scout
Glad that you were following Alves since his Bahia or early Sevilla days. Because that's where he was at Dalot's age.
He was very highly rated at Sevilla. It wasn't a surprise when Barca signed him, he was play maker/Right back at Sevilla.

I didn't follow Pele also but that doesn't mean we can say every 17 year old is Pele level player.

bond19821982

He was very highly rated at Sevilla. It wasn't a surprise when Barca signed him, he was play maker/Right back at Sevilla.

I didn't follow Pele also but that doesn't mean we can say every 17 year old is Pele level player.
Pele didn't become Pele at 17 and that's the point. Its all about how the potential turns out.

Anyways, hope you get the point regarding Dalot.

roonster09

Scout
Pele didn't become Pele at 17 and that's the point. Its all about how the potential turns out.

Anyways, hope you get the point regarding Dalot.
Ofcourse he wasn't but after the career he had, player should be immensely talented to compare them to GOAT players.

For example, if TAA is compared then yes, he showed very high level of performance for 2-3 years now and his attributes also mean he will have very good career. Dalot has showed nothing to be compared to arguably best RB in last 20-30 years.

If he even has half the career that Dani Alves had, then he will have very successful career.

Andersons Dietician

I’ve always thought he had something and was quite surprised by the general reaction to him from the CAF. No doubt there are certainly rough edges that need ironing out but I think he could go on to be a really good fullback.

Guess the question is does Ole fancy sticking by him and having two RB’s that require development or bin one and get a more experienced player in.

Mickson

He is bang average, that's what all Milan fans said and that's what we have seen for years now. We should sell if we get an offer.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

That is some claim.

He's average at best.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: what on earth?! Alves is arguably the best RB ever, let’s not be too silly. I’ll settle for him reaching Wes Browns level first!

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Williams was actually good for a few months in 19-20 season, much better than Dalot ever was, but since start of last season he’s looked hopeless too. I’d still play Williams over Dalot, because it’s less far-fetched to hope he will perform decently.
This is nonsense. Do you think Williams would get near AC Milan or Portugal’s teams? Dalot is clearly a far superior footballer. Williams had about 5 decent games in 19-20 & has been living off it since.

Foxbatt

He must be good enough if he is the regular RB for Portugal and AC Milan.

Eternitiy

Don't rate him too highly but he's infinitely better than Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.