Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Big fan of Dalot. Really pisses me off how we just ignored him for years.

Bondi77

Just goes to show what a run of games and being Premier League fit can do for a player and I am sure he will polish up the end product of his game as well.
Looks like Jose done well spotting Diogo and we will have to wait a bit longer before Joel Pereira becomes the best Portuguese GK :drool:

Jacob

Aside from the ridiculous shot attempts, a solid game to build on. Crossing needs more intent and less hope though.

NZT-One

A very professional performance from him today. He was involved in lots of stuff but his endproduct isn't great. The shot attempt from 20m 30seconds after we introduced two new strikers into the team tells me, he is just as thick as he looks most of the time. Well done to him but it is either him/his side or the leftback that needs urgent improvement. I think we can get away with one Fullback not being a factor offensively, having two on at the same time hampers us big time.

Lee565

Well we have definitely created a better selling value to him now, we should be able to get double for him at this rate.

NZT-One

Untouchable certainly seems a touch over the top!
A heavy touch I'd say... Lets face it, he is less useless on the ball than AWB. If that is something that makes him a key player we're really fecked. His form is on an upward trend though, maybe he can show some of the talent people saw in him some time ago.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
he’s so much better in the air than AWB.

it actually feels strange seeing a ball go over the centre backs head and not be an easy knock in.

Not sure what’s changed in him, but he looks a completely different player these days. go back to how he got destroyed by the vilareal winger. It was like he literally tore him inside out - and now we’ve got a better version :lol:

phonicburns

I just love the fact that this kid is only 22 years old. Great to see him getting an opportunity.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People critical of his crossing, please go and watch Trent in his break through season. If I remember correctly, things were quite similar. Lot of crosses over hit or Under hit. Any Liverpool fans can confirm this.

We have been quite harsh and impatient with this guy. He was never given a proper chance under any of the managers. Jose signed him but he was sacked. Ole was Ole. This is the guy who marked Mane completely out of the game at the age of 18/19 .

Point is, he has the talent and he is quite good on both feet. He is known to have a brilliant delivery in his locker. Just be patient and analyze him end of the season after giving a good amount of games. 8-10 games isn't enough to judge someone.

stevoc

Improving defensively from some laughable displays earlier in the season.

Attacking wise still pretty average, let's see if he can improve there too as it looks like he's the starting RB for now.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Cafu?

Seriously though, he has transformed our flow of football down the whole right channel. He has a calm, intelligent and skillful demeanour that allows the ball to just pop around corners on the right channel that our basketball player AWB can only dream of.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
A much better player than AWB. I don’t think he’s ever going to be one of the absolute top right backs but think he can be a good one in time. If that’s not quite enough then at least you can probably get a decent profit on him instead of a loss (which is why any club should have a proper coach rather than OGS).

The United

Cafu?

Seriously though, he has transformed our flow of football down the whole right channel. He has a calm, intelligent and skillful demeanour that allows the ball to just pop around corners on the right channel that our basketball player AWB can only dream of.
Well gotta be more intelligent with when to shoot and when to pass I guess and more practice with crossing. I love that he is always in and around the box though.

Ronaldo seems to like the guy. Always clapping at him.

Foxbatt

Well gotta be more intelligent with when to shoot and when to pass I guess and more practice with crossing. I love that he is always in and around the box though.

Ronaldo seems to like the guy. Always clapping at him.
He has a decent shot and one of these days he is going to get it on target.

Waynne

People critical of his crossing, please go and watch Trent in his break through season. If I remember correctly, things were quite similar. Lot of crosses over hit or Under hit. Any Liverpool fans can confirm this.

We have been quite harsh and impatient with this guy. He was never given a proper chance under any of the managers. Jose signed him but he was sacked. Ole was Ole. This is the guy who marked Mane completely out of the game at the age of 18/19 .

Point is, he has the talent and he is quite good on both feet. He is known to have a brilliant delivery in his locker. Just be patient and analyze him end of the season after giving a good amount of games. 8-10 games isn't enough to judge someone.
I've advocated for this guy being our starting RB for ages since AWB is absolute doggy doo-doo going forward and bang average defensively.

You want a RB that can give the opposition something to think about going forward. With AWB you almost want him to have the ball in the attacking areas he's so crap going forward and he leaves those huge spaces in behind.
Give Dalot the ball in attacking areas and something's bound to happen. Atleast more consistently compared to AWB.

devil99

Brilliant again. Like his grit, stamina and attitude. Has a wicked shot too but can't do that on 83rd minute when you have all the forwards on the pitch.

Defensively solid, very good on the ball. I said he can be as good as Alves and I still stick by it.
Absurd. Alves was one of the best right back the game has ever seen

PaulRich

He's going to develop into a properly dependable RB and as others have said above he's miles ahead of AWB, last ditch slide tackles aside.

Vaibhav Raj

The weird thing is he performed better in defending than attacking in recent games
His attacking prowess has always been tad overrated here because he occasionally pulls off a nice stepover and also because Manchester United supporters have grown accustomed to watching AWB trying to attack and look completely off balance. So anyone who can look like they can dribble while not flailing their arms about appears to be a very decent attacking option. In truth, Dalot's crosses and shots have always been a bit wayward most times and he doesn't succeed much when he gets into a decent attacking position. Except unlike AWB, he doesn't look like a complete mess while failing to produce the end result.

He has improved a lot defensively though. Rangnick has been going on and on about being active without the ball and he certainly has benefited from doing that. He is tracking well, he is switched on always.

There's a lot of room for improvement. The good thing is he is showing signs of improvement and with more games under his belt, maybe he will grow more confident and show us more of his abilities.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has improved defensively and also switched on to track back post crosses. His attacking game is limited, he tries to whip the ball instead of floating it, so he gets it wrong many times.

Promising signs anyways.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Im surprised at his current level. I didnt think he had it in him. But he has cemented that spot as his, and he is doing both sides of the game very well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
have him and sancho played together on the right yet? I can see him dovetailing right dalot a lot better then he managed with AWB

hungrywing

That sound you hear is him calmly practicing five hundred crosses a day.

Enabled by new culture at the club where such self-initiative would not be seen as abnormal and in fact expected.

Roux

With some good coaching, the sky is the limit for him. Very good the last few games.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Watching him arriving in the box just prior to Rashford's goal was pretty uplifting.
This is his biggest advantage on AWB. Its about instinct. Every attack he will always bust a gut to get involved. There's no statistic for that but it has a huge impact on how we attack. You could always hear the coaches encouraging AWB to be 5/10yards further up the pitch. This guy needs no encouragement. He was instrumental to our domination in the last ten minutes yesterday. He pushed in filed and because he's very comfortable on the ball was essentially an extra ball playing CM. West Ham couldn't handle the numbers. AWB would not perform such a role.
This is probably his first run of games since he's arrived. I think people have been impatient with his development. He's only 22. You still have some on this page saying we can now get top dollar for him...ridiculous take.

Kag

His defensive work has been much improved in recent weeks. His heading at the far post has been particularly good. Fair play to him.

Let’s not pretend that the previous criticism wasn’t warranted, however. His defending has been abject on plenty of occasions and he was often wildly out of position and easy to beat. Rangnick has already highlighted that he still has work to do.

But, as I‘ve said, he is improving, and it’s difficult to knock somebody when they are taking their chance.

Wan-Bissaka has a fight on his hands.

Nickelodeon

Did well yesterday. His defensive side in particular seems quite different to what we saw earlier on this season (especially Villareal at home). His attacking contributions need to still improve though. Crosses are still wayward and one off shots are nowhere near scoring.

Red_Aaron

What. I've noticed compared to previous seasons is he's a lot more controlled now, he's still aggressive but he's not reckless with it. He used to look like a red card waiting to happen but I've not felt that at all this season. No doubt the year in Milan has worked wonders for him, he's really kicked on

I rate AWB a lot higher than most on these boards but I have to say he's got a real fight on to get the Jersey off diogo, he's been very good of late

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

I agree that he can improve but let's not use Trent as the benchmark, Trent was 18 in his first season.

izec

Dalot is the unquestionable starting RB for this season IMO. Wan Bissaka has just too many shortcomings, on the ball, delivery as well as defensive positioning/heading ability. He is not in good form either.

Dalot is not perfect, but has solid foundations, while AWB has some weaknesses he won't be able to iron out in his career, especially going forward. He is 24, and his game suited Crystal Palace under Hodgson, but not United, as he can't adapt to a more dominant role on both ends.

bond19821982

I agree that he can improve but let's not use Trent as the benchmark, Trent was 18 in his first season.
Well, age isn't the point. When Trent got the first team exposure, he made lot of mistakes and Klopp stood by him. Dalot hasn't received anything like that until now.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Well, age isn't the point. When Trent got the first team exposure, he made lot of mistakes and Klopp stood by him. Dalot hasn't received anything like that until now.
It does matter and this is probably why our fans get carried away too quickly, you're comparing Dalot's trajectory to an 18 year old Trent... Trent lacked senior football experience when he was 18, he was adapting physically as well as the need to gain the confidence to play his natural game. Trent for all his one vs one faults had great passing ability, that was a natural part of his game that Dalot does not have.

Dalot by now is definitely at a stage where he's accumulated senior football experience, especially more than the 18-year-old Trent you're comparing him to. He should be nearing his physical peak at this stage and he should improve, but you should definitely not be holding your breath for a Trent-Arnold level trajectory, you're just going to get disappointed.

lex talionis

Dalot put in another very impressive performance. Unlike AWB, Dalot seems intent on improving his game.

bond19821982

It does matter and this is probably why our fans get carried away too quickly, you're comparing Dalot's trajectory to an 18 year old Trent... Trent lacked senior football experience when he was 18, he was adapting physically as well as the need to gain the confidence to play his natural game. Trent for all his one vs one faults had great passing ability, that was a natural part of his game that Dalot does not have.

Dalot by now is definitely at a stage where he's accumulated senior football experience, especially more than the 18-year-old Trent you're comparing him to. He should be nearing his physical peak at this stage and he should improve, but you should definitely not be holding your breath for a Trent-Arnold level trajectory, you're just going to get disappointed.
That's not my point. If Dalot had a consistent run like Trent and a manager like Klopp who trusts him Dalot also would have been quite good by now. Age doesn't matter - we are talking about a 22 year old who had no first team run at all. You can't expect him to be physically or mentally matured when you don't give him a platform to prove his worth.

hungrywing

This is his biggest advantage on AWB. Its about instinct. Every attack he will always bust a gut to get involved. There's no statistic for that but it has a huge impact on how we attack. You could always hear the coaches encouraging AWB to be 5/10yards further up the pitch. This guy needs no encouragement. He was instrumental to our domination in the last ten minutes yesterday. He pushed in filed and because he's very comfortable on the ball was essentially an extra ball playing CM. West Ham couldn't handle the numbers. AWB would not perform such a role.
This is probably his first run of games since he's arrived. I think people have been impatient with his development. He's only 22. You still have some on this page saying we can now get top dollar for him...ridiculous take.
My heart did a fist pump when he arrived in the box. 'feck yeah, that's a Manchester United right back.'

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I am talking about his time with us before the loan. He has clearly improved during that time. Before he left he was good going forward and bad defensively.
Other than the fact that he was really young (19?) and adjusting to a superior league, wasn't he constantly injured before his loan?

Status
Not open for further replies.