Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guapa

Think he has done very well since getting back into the team,and to think we were trying to of load him last season.Look at the way he backed up the play at the weekend when Rashford tapped in the winner.AWB doesn't do that.Has a burst of pace over the first 10 yards which I didn't realise he had.First choice for me at the moment.Spot on lad,keep it going.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm surprised to see him being motm to be honest. I didn't think he made some good decision making in the final third. I feel like he's not getting better in the attacking department but actually getting better defensively. Although, Im still not convinced with him to be a top class right back but he's still young so there are lot of times for improvement.

Man Utd 1:1 Middlesbrough

marktan

Sad to lose but have to point out thought he was excellent. I thought he was decent before, but his passing range is excellent, he was picking out forwards for fun in the first half. Just a shame about the finishing.

He's still only 22 as well.

TheMitz

Great at getting crosses in.

Crap at actually picking anyone out

Lentwood

His composure and passing is quite good. Plus he’s reasonable defensively. But wasn’t AWB’s biggest problem his lack of contribution in attack? Well he looks like fecking Messi in the final third compared to Dalot.
Totally agree. AWB is clearly not Reece James or TAA, but he's a superior player on every level to Diogo Dalot.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
This guy really divides opinion eh? His passing is miles better and more composed than AWB, and he actually doesn’t shit the bed with the ball at his feet either. His crossing isn’t amazing, but I can’t think of one player in the team that can cross right now. Look at our corner record.

Walters_19_MuFc

Impressive again. Loves how he makes those inverted runs like Shaw does. Gives us less predictable and gives us more attacking options in the middle, especially when our wingers are hugging the touchline.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This guy really divides opinion eh? His passing is miles better and more composed than AWB, and he actually doesn’t shit the bed with the ball at his feet either. His crossing isn’t amazing, but I can’t think of one player in the team that can cross right now. Look at our corner record.
This.

L1nk

Dalot has been one of our only good performers for multiple matches now, especially since Rangnick has come in and he has another pretty decent game and all of a sudden AWB is clear again and he’s a bad player? I really can’t with this forum it’s beyond a joke sometimes :lol:

united for life

Look at us arguing about who is better AWB or Dalot. Both haven’t done enough to make this RB position his

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Dalot has been one of our only good performers for multiple matches now, especially since Rangnick has come in and he has another pretty decent game and all of a sudden AWB is clear again and he’s a bad player? I really can’t with this forum it’s beyond a joke sometimes :lol:
Neither him or AWB are the quality needed. It's hobsons choice.

Marwood

Aesthetically he's more pleasing than AWB but is his actual contribution and output any better? Not for me. His passing is so loose as well. Numerous times tonight, even when he found a red shirt, it was wayward stuff. We've got to move on from him.

L1nk

Neither him or AWB are the quality needed. It's hobsons choice.
I’m not saying he’s the quality required to maybe be at the top top level but he’s been good and is showing promise finally, he’s still only 22. That but come on the flip flopping of opinion based on a performance that wasn’t even that bad is ridiculous

jesperjaap

He is shite, lets be honest. He isnt any better than this seasons version of Bissaka going forward, his crossing is no better than this seasons Bissaka his positioning is only slightly better and his tackling is atrocious.

He is playing because Bissaka has failed to progres and has been very very poor this season....even so, Id pick Bissaka over him at the moment every time.

100% for me should be sold alongside Brandon WIlliams and the money should be invested towards a more exciting attackign full back who can provide proper competition, something different and take Bissaks place. The option of Dalot, who only adds competition of being pretty shite this season to Bissaka, doesnt solve anything

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
This thread like other player performance threads are full of bitter shite comments tonight. Yes we lost but can you not evaluate without bias a player's performance or are some of you really that dumb? He looked solid today, composed and confident, didn't do a mistake slot in well and long may it continue, one overhit cross made me angry but otherwise, not bad and certainly not a reason why we lost in the end.

He's still got a lot to do to even out AWB with his brilliant start to his United career though but at least we know we have an alternative here, who is still only 22 and slowly but steadily improving!

mavradal

Solid game from him today, he was one of the best players on the pitch along with Sancho for me. I'm also glad to see his crossing has improved and he seems to be more careful about going forward too much and leave gaps in the defence.

If he keeps it up and continues to work hard, I have no doubts he'll become a top class right back.

Devil may care

Personally I think he's putting together a good run of performances and growing into the starting RB role.

kundalini

I thought he produced some creative long passes in the first half. 5 key passes in total. Bit disappointed by how often he played the ball back to our CBs and one very careless back pass that almost got us in trouble. Would like to see him dribble and attempt to carry the ball forwards, more often that he does at the moment.

Not perfect but making decent progress.

stevoc

His defending has improved, his passing is decent and he's looked solid enough the last few games. But he doesn't offer much more than Wan Bissaka going forward and isn't as good defensively as AWB when he is on form.

NotQuiteManc

There will be games where Dalot would excel, and the same for AWB. Neither are considered world class, but both are still young and we can only hope they will continue to develop and improve aspects of the game that is lacking, if not all. Having said that, for an attacking mindset type of first 11, I will go with Dalot every time.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
His composure and passing is quite good. Plus he’s reasonable defensively. But wasn’t AWB’s biggest problem his lack of contribution in attack? Well he looks like fecking Messi in the final third compared to Dalot.
Really not sure if he is good enough to be a startet if we want to compete.

But I’m not sure I agree that AWB is better going forward. Not overall due to Dalot being, as you point out, so much better at passing the ball. I think I get your point though. AWB is probably better on one vs one, but there is not much output is there?

Maybe its a bit down to fixtures, but;

- Dalot has completed 1,62 passes and 0,6 crosses into the penalty area per 90 this season. Compared to 0,67 and 0,4 for AWB.

- Dalot makes 1,85 touches in the penalty area of the opposition. AWB is at 1,07.

- Dalot has made 2,35 shot creating actions per 90 min and 0,37 goal creating actions. AWB has completed 1,67 and 0,07

- Furthermore, with regards to his passing overall, Dalot on average move the ball 878 yards and 327 progressive yards. AWB 718 and 233 yards.

Sometimes yesterday I felt he was too fixated on trying to find Ronaldo. That was annoying.

marktan

I don't understand how some of the people above could've watched that match and thought he doesn't offer anything more than Wan Bissaka. He had loads of long balls into the attackers making runs in that game. One in particular that Bruno could've taken a touch on and then buried. He gets the ball and immediately looks to make passes Wan Bissaka can't even dream of making.

Is he world class? No. But at 22 he has a lot of tools to be very good. He can dribble, his passing range is excellent, and defensively he's solid. Good fullbacks with an attacking skillset like that are very hard to come by, for me he has enough and has improved enough to give him time to claim that spot. Wan Bissaka barely even plays the same sport as the guy, his one skillset is that he's probably the best 1v1 defender in footballer, that's it.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

But I’m not sure I agree that AWB is better going forward. Not overall due to Dalot being, as you point out, so much better at passing the ball. I think I get your point though. AWB is probably better on one vs one, but there is not much output is there?

- Dalot has completed 1,62 passes and 0,6 crosses into the penalty area per 90 this season. Compared to 0,67 and 0,4 for AWB.

- Dalot makes 1,85 touches in the penalty area of the opposition. AWB is at 1,07.

- Dalot has made 2,35 shot creating actions per 90 min and 0,37 goal creating actions. AWB has completed 1,67 and 0,07

- Furthermore, with regards to his passing overall, Dalot on average move the ball 878 yards and 327 progressive yards. AWB 718 and 233 yards.

Sometimes yesterday I felt he was too fixated on trying to find Ronaldo. That was annoying.
Big problem with our team in general. It makes us far too one dimensional.

Good post. It’s pretty clear from the eye test that Dalot is braver/more aggressive on the ball and the stats seem to back it up.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In terms of end product Dalot really isn't doing much at all but he offers a lot more on the ball than AWB in other ways, most notably in terms of actually being able to move the ball forward down our right flank.

This season's stats in percentile terms:

Progressive passes - AWB 18th, Dalot 82nd
Progressive carries - AWB 58th, Dalot 81st
Passes into the final third - AWB 28th, Dalot 69th
Passes into the penalty area - AWB 18th, Dalot 89th
Through balls - AWB 29th, Dalot 86th
Passes under pressure - AWB 53rd, Dalot 86th.

Glorio

This. Used to happen in the Portuguese NT where they all had this tunnel vision and were programmed to find Ronaldo. Bruno suffered from it initially upon the arrival of Ronnie, but I think he's actually broken out of it over the past few games - thankfully! Dalot hasn't at this moment which does grate.

He did have a good game I thought, but whenever Ronaldo was in the box, whether he had any space or not, and regardless of the positions of other attackers, Dalot just flung in a pointless cross.

izec

He is better than AWB, not even a debate. In fact he is currently our best fullback. The others are all average of course, but right now, it isnt even a debate. We need to invest there in the summer and give Laird a chance.

ti vu

While Dalot ceiling is still pretty average, however among our full backs under Ragnick, he is the most functional out of them. It tells more about our full backs options sucks. We need full back with Dalot profile but better quality. Not writing off the chances that Dalot may develop to be that quality, but I don't hold my breath on that.

Nicolarra90

That's why we are so easy to defend. We are too predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.