Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OL29

I don’t understand the criticism today, he played a key role in 2 goals and was pretty comfortable most of the night. Not outstanding but hardly disastrous.

Blood Mage

He'll be fine as a backup RB going forward and is a better footballer than AWB.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I said it before our left back is a bigger problem than our right back because Telles is not good in possession based team and defensively poor, while Shaw has fitness and injury problems. Dalot at least can play in possession based team and has the ability to play progressive passes. I think ETH will like Dalot since ETH expects his defenders to be good at progressive ball.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Read his ratings online

4/10

Awful defender. He’s more of a midfielder in my opinion
He might suits ETH’s criteria of full back. ETH plays inverted full back that the full backs tend to stay with DM or midfielder on the offensive transition.

Mcking

He might suits ETH’s criteria of full back. ETH plays inverted full back that the full backs tend to stay with DM or midfielder on the offensive transition.
Dalot already plays this way. The positions he has been taking up when the ball is with the winger and on the other side are exactly the positions Ten Hag and Guardiola's fullbacks take up.

Some don't fancy him because he isn't doing overlaps and crosses, but he has been good defensively, is technically secure, and relatively progressive with the ball. There's clearly something to work with.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Dalot already plays this way. The positions he has been taking up when the ball is with the winger and on the other side are exactly the positions Ten Hag and Guardiola's fullbacks take up.

Some don't fancy him because he isn't doing overlaps and crosses, but he has been good defensively, is technically secure, and relatively progressive with the ball. There's clearly something to work with.
Not sure where you are seeing ‘good defensively’, he’s been awful.
The other bits can be worked with but he’s not a good defender

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Perhaps not a good defender, but not any worse than AWB. And Dalot can actually make use of the ball.

Quite obvious Dalot will continue to be first choice next season over AWB (or backup if we buy a new RB).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Perhaps not a good defender, but not any worse than AWB. And Dalot can actually make use of the ball.

Quite obvious Dalot will continue to be first choice next season over AWB (or backup if we buy a new RB).
I don’t think anything is obvious until he starts. It’s just opinions.

personally I’ve given up on AWB and Dalot is terrible, I don’t rate him. I’d like to see a new starting RB and Laird used as backup

jackal&hyde

I thought he had some really nice moments of passing but then complemented that with some terrible ones. With a pre season and better coaching he might come good. He looks raw but talented and in need of guidance.

Mcking

Our defence has been all over the place this season. Even Shaw hasn't looked very good, and neither has Varane. I have seen enough from Dalot this season to say he'd be fine with much better organization.

I feel very confident when he's one-on-one against an attacker these days, he's strong against the high ball at the back post, offers enough presence at setpieces, and do get blocks in. Considering the team he's played for, those are more than enough for me.

In a season where the whole defensive unit has been terrible, he has shown plenty of improvement and potential as far as I'm concerned. I think the quality is there.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think the bottom line is a club of Manchester United's standing and aspirations have no business having players of this standard in the squad. A host of better back ups than either Dalot or Telles have been sent packing over the years.

There's no shame in not being good enough; the better we play, the more the weak links will be exposed.

Telsim

I still think he can come good. I doubt he is going to be a world beater at any point, but a good backup nonetheless. He is still young and needs intensive coaching. Besides, his salary doesn't even register. Be curious to see how he fares under Erik ten Hag.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A few nice passes mixed in with 2 absolute hospital passes and several rubbish crosses. I just don't see it with him at all.

He's doing a job at the moment, but certainly not excelling.

NoPace

Done enough to be the backup RB next year, with Wan-Bissaka going out, unless Ten Hag decides he likes Williams better and is switching him to the right full-time.

ash_86

Why can't he improve his crossing. every one of them goes to the other corner flags if it does not go out already. I mean , how hard is it to cross the ball for a football professional?

Kostov

He is abysmal in 80% of the things he is doing. 2 good passes that lead to goals, almost scored an own goal, and 10 hospital passes/crosses.

Lewnited

I wouldn't say he needs moving on just yet. He's shown flashes of decent ability throughout his time here and can supposefly cover both flanks (even though he was terrible last time we had him on the left).

Give him a year with a decent coach and see if he improves. If not, then we can look at selling.

Danny

Why can't he improve his crossing. every one of them goes to the other corner flags if it does not go out already. I mean , how hard is it to cross the ball for a football professional?
Really frustrating too. He even manages to fluff his crosses when the opposition aren't even putting him under any pressure. It's bizarre.

ash_86

Really frustrating too. He even manages to fluff his crosses when the opposition aren't even putting him under any pressure. It's bizarre.
I'm wondering if this criticism is ever fed back to him. It should right? By the coaches or someone who reviews the footage ect ... So there should be an improvement over these 4 months he's been playing regularly . But nothing visible as of now, which proves that the feedback loop is broken or he doesn't care.

Danny

I'm wondering if this criticism is ever fed back to him. It should right? By the coaches or someone who reviews the footage ect ... So there should be an improvement over these 4 months he's been playing regularly . But nothing visible as of now, which proves that the feedback loop is broken or he doesn't care.
You'd imagine it would be but I think it might just be his lack of quality at times. Saying that though, he played the ball over for Elanga to get for the assist on the first goal and I think played the ball to Ronaldo before he won the penalty.

There's a player in there but he needs some serious coaching.

ash_86

You'd imagine it would be but I think it might just be his lack of quality at times. Saying that though, he played the ball over for Elanga to get for the assist on the first goal and I think played the ball to Ronaldo before he won the penalty.

There's a player in there but he needs some serious coaching.
Yeah, he clearly looks like he has talent for a very good delivery unlike AWB , but he barely delivers them. I'm not sure coaching can help here , cause it can only take you to certain positions. Once he gets there, his quality will only matter. Maybe he isn't good enough .

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The only thing in his favour is that he showed earlier in the season that he's quite capable when coming inside into the sort of DM position that the likes of Trent, Cancelo and James often take up at times. If he has to go down the outside though he's truly abysmal going forward. We've had some really shite crossers over the years but I think he's up there as perhaps the worst. Overhit every single time, I don't even know what he's trying to do.

Brighton 4:0 Man Utd

jesperjaap

Anybody thiinking he is good enough and has a future here as a started must be blind. He is absolutely piss poor. Positioning and reading runners today yet again, its no better than Bissaka, moving forward and decision making, barely any better than Bissaka, tackling in another orbit below Bissaka, he is nowhere near good enough, if he doesnt go n the summer he leaves for free next summer as gurantee if he isnt given it before ETH arrives, he wont be gettign another one. ALongside Telles defensively he is our worst deender

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Anybody thiinking he is good enough and has a future here as a started must be blind. He is absolutely piss poor. Positioning and reading runners today yet again, its no better than Bissaka, moving forward and decision making, barely any better than Bissaka, tackling in another orbit below Bissaka, he is nowhere near good enough, if he doesnt go n the summer he leaves for free next summer as gurantee if he isnt given it before ETH arrives, he wont be gettign another one. ALongside Telles defensively he is our worst deender
There was one poster comparing him to TAA here.

Marwood

I know why managers and clubs give him a go.

He's s good athlete and he's got some ability to carry the ball.

But the lad has no football intelligence at all. He just doesn't know how to play the game.

The way he played everybody on for the 4th(or was it 3rd?) followed by that attempted clearance was just amateur stuff.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Honestly, Ronaldo must thank his lucky stars that he's gone from having to team up with bedwetters like Kroos and Modric and gets to play with Mr. Diogo "Tekkers" Dalot himself. Many players reach highs in football, but few reach the pinnacle of being dazzled by Dalot's step overs. Maradona, Pele, Messi and now Dalot, these players are the type that just make football worth watching. I deeply thank him for his service to the game, he'll be remembered as our generation's Cruyff.

jesperjaap

There was one poster comparing him to TAA here.
We can all be wrogn at times. I genuinely thought Bissaka before we signed him could develop into a fabulous right back and once we did sign him would be starting for ENgland ahead of TAA, Walker and Reece James within a couple of seasons, so hands up to that one. I do actually still rate him though, think last season looked like he was progressing but he has gone backwards again this year and has to go.

DAlot though, I cant remember him impressing at all overall, and som eof the plaudits early on in his career here and epsecially in 2022 regarding his ability going fowards, pesonally completely baffle me

Deery

Dreary
I don’t think he’s very good at all Wan Bissaka would have been much better, we desperately need fullbacks in the summer.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I don’t think he’s very good at all Wan Bissaka would have been much better, we desperately need fullbacks in the summer.
Wan Bissaka is better at everything except progressing from deep via passing. He also showed against Chelsea he’s a better left back than Telles and he doesn’t even have a left foot. That’s how shit our fullbacks are.

Bobski

He was our best player today, just shows how awful the team performance was. Some good driving runs but his final ball and defensive awareness is just not good enough.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Before things get better, players of this standard need to feck off. Absolute gash

Dan_F

I thought around December that he’d do a decent job for the rest of the season but he’s massively inconsistent. I’d still probably try him at left back to get Telles out of the 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.