Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

Not sure why people are surprised by this. He's just turned 23, has 5 Portugal caps and he has has shown promising signs as an attacker. We're not going to buy 23 new players so why not make him the backup RB?

NoPace

Lack of alternatives.

ETH's system depends heavily on its defenders having a high level of technique and being able to pass the ball progressively as they play out from the back under pressure. Of the two right-backs we have, AWB is the one most likely to be further exposed in that set-up. As we are unlikely to be able to replace both, Dalot stays.

It isn't an endorsement of Dalot. It's just a matter of which bad option suits the style of play less terribly.
Yeah. Same reason I expect Fred and Shaw to play a fair bit next year. If we buy 4 new players that's probably one attacker, 2 midfielders and one defender. Not everyone can be replaced in a year. Also Dalot is young enough to improve.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not sure why people are surprised by this. He's just turned 23, has 5 Portugal caps and he has has shown promising signs as an attacker. We're not going to buy 23 new players so why not make him the backup RB?
Which promising signs?

NoPace

Which promising signs?
Doesn't look uncomfortable on the ball unlike AWB and he hit a couple of decent longer passes/crosses this year. Runs okay. Defensively not so good, but he was highly rated for a reason and is in the Portugal mix with a group of decent fullbacks for the same. Got some time on a decent Milan team.

He's not brilliant or anything, but if Ten Hag is getting good feedback on the work habits (or feedback from scouts he rates, it doesn't specificy) on a 23 year old defender who's no worse than the guys too old to improve like Telles or too technically deficient like Wan-Bissaka, not sure why you wouldn't try to develop him into the role Mazraoui played at Ajax.

jesperjaap

Surely if he is the back up right back then we are signing one then or who is the starting right back?

My nightmare vision is I see DAlot actually starting, yet he is so abysmal for me it wont take long until Ten Hag realises he istn good enough, we have signed Timber who is then playing as a right back, Varane is injured and we are back to the cb partnership of Maguire and Lindelof.

I know Bissaka has been average during his time here and poor this seasin, probably at best in terms of positioning, progression and attacking he has simply not evolved......even so I would rather have him above DAlot without a doubt, both should go in my opinion and that would virtually pay for a quality right bacl. Would personally far rather he left and the fee with Bissakas signed a right back with Laird and WIlliams as back ups than DAlot starting....for me, he simply cant defend and bar movign with the ball he is nothign to write home about going forwards either, he is promising yet Bissaka is dreadful going forward....dont see much of a difference personally in that or poor positioning but at least Bissaka cant tackled and take a player out man on man,,,there is a huge gap there

jesperjaap

Doesn't look uncomfortable on the ball unlike AWB and he hit a couple of decent longer passes/crosses this year. Runs okay. Defensively not so good, but he was highly rated for a reason and is in the Portugal mix with a group of decent fullbacks for the same. Got some time on a decent Milan team.

He's not brilliant or anything, but if Ten Hag is getting good feedback on the work habits (or feedback from scouts he rates, it doesn't specificy) on a 23 year old defender who's no worse than the guys too old to improve like Telles or too technically deficient like Wan-Bissaka, not sure why you wouldn't try to develop him into the role Mazraoui played at Ajax.
The same Milan who may have won the league but have a pretty poor group of defenders....the fact they sent him back when he would hav ecost them pretty much sod all is more telling than his game time.

We need lots of signings and lots of outs and as you mentioned, wont happen all in one window....I see DAlot and actually possibly Fernandes with his wastefulness as the first season big weak links under Ten Hag, especially DAlot as I think his performances will effect the selection and performances of our centre backs too.

Eptimome of an overhyped foreign youngster for me as there isnt a huge amount of room for development, his positioning can be improved but at 23 how much can his decision making and ability to tackle be improved? Surely these are weaknesses that only so much can be done and reasons for him to be sold, just like different weaknesses with Bissaka prohibit him from being a real quality full back ti seems

NoPace

Surely if he is the back up right back then we are signing one then or who is the starting right back?

My nightmare vision is I see DAlot actually starting, yet he is so abysmal for me it wont take long until Ten Hag realises he istn good enough, we have signed Timber who is then playing as a right back, Varane is injured and we are back to the cb partnership of Maguire and Lindelof.

I know Bissaka has been average during his time here and poor this seasin, probably at best in terms of positioning, progression and attacking he has simply not evolved......even so I would rather have him above DAlot without a doubt, both should go in my opinion and that would virtually pay for a quality right bacl. Would personally far rather he left and the fee with Bissakas signed a right back with Laird and WIlliams as back ups than DAlot starting....for me, he simply cant defend and bar movign with the ball he is nothign to write home about going forwards either, he is promising yet Bissaka is dreadful going forward....dont see much of a difference personally in that or poor positioning but at least Bissaka cant tackled and take a player out man on man,,,there is a huge gap there
I'm hoping we sign Pau Torres, Timber and 2 central midfielders because I don't see how we're going to pass the ball around deep without a significant number of quality ball players like that coming in, and I'd be fine with next year seeing us still in the mix for top 4 only but playing Ten Hag ball and sussing out who fits it well.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The same Milan who may have won the league but have a pretty poor group of defenders....the fact they sent him back when he would hav ecost them pretty much sod all is more telling than his game time.

We need lots of signings and lots of outs and as you mentioned, wont happen all in one window....I see DAlot and actually possibly Fernandes with his wastefulness as the first season big weak links under Ten Hag, especially DAlot as I think his performances will effect the selection and performances of our centre backs too.

Eptimome of an overhyped foreign youngster for me as there isnt a huge amount of room for development, his positioning can be improved but at 23 how much can his decision making and ability to tackle be improved? Surely these are weaknesses that only so much can be done and reasons for him to be sold, just like different weaknesses with Bissaka prohibit him from being a real quality full back ti seems
God not this myth again. We wanted to keep him, that's why hes here. Williams went on loan. Dalot took his place.

Dalot is a pretty good defender. Hes just not great one on one, but his overall game is much better than AWB's. I have no idea where this idea that he's good going forward has originated. His crossing is shit and he does useless stepovers.

His passing, especially in the buildup however, really good.

jesperjaap

I'm hoping we sign Pau Torres, Timber and 2 central midfielders because I don't see how we're going to pass the ball around deep without a significant number of quality ball players like that coming in, and I'd be fine with next year seeing us still in the mix for top 4 only but playing Ten Hag ball and sussing out who fits it well.
Not excited about Torres at all myself, certainly not in coming into the current line up. I had never even noticed or heard of Timber to be honest until a couple of months ago so cant really comment much on him but if we do sign him I hope its as a centre back and a right back is added....its a shame for me Livaramento got the injury. I know he wasnt starting that much at SOuthampton and is still very yougn and inexperienced, but I think he is a crackign young plaeyr that was exactly what we needed.I do like Gusto at Lyon....but yes two cm is needed, a proper dm is the one huge priority for me, which is why its strange all the big links so far are with DejOng, as good as he is, vurtually all our current midfielders are either the position he would play or further forward, a proper DM is needed.. I wouldnt have minded Kamara and thought if we werent after him we must have had it as a priotiy for a big player....wonder if there is still a surprise there as not signing a proper DM would be worse than DAlot starting next seasn at RB

jesperjaap

God not this myth again. We wanted to keep him, that's why hes here. Williams went on loan. Dalot took his place.

Dalot is a pretty good defender. Hes just not great one on one, but his overall game is much better than AWB's. I have no idea where this idea that he's good going forward has originated. His crossing is shit and he does useless stepovers.

His passing, especially in the buildup however, really good.
Well its all opinions isnt it, I think DAlot was gone if Milan were interested. Also think Bissaka is a far better defender thanDAlot. Agree with your analysis of his weaknesses going forward but thats aybe as much to do with I think he is shit going forward as well as defensively, really dont see this progressive passing people keep mentioning. Maybe overly harsh but its only running with strength with the ball I rate about him at all....obviously there must be soemthing as Ragnick seemed to liek him but I really dont see it at all myself, genuinely think he is garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.