Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

I predicted he could be as good as Alves in the future and I stand by it. It might not happen with us but the kid is talented and can play. He is only 21 and people just forget that.

Hope we have patience with him and bring him up slowly.
Afonso Alves?

Because it's definitely not Dani.

NoPace

He was very highly rated at Sevilla. It wasn't a surprise when Barca signed him, he was play maker/Right back at Sevilla.

I didn't follow Pele also but that doesn't mean we can say every 17 year old is Pele level player.
Alves was fantastic at Sevilla, at least near the end.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Rating Dalot as a young Dani Alves because of stats and age is bizarre. It takes one look at how both of them play on and off the ball to see he isn't on that level of techical skill or athleticism, and that's not even a knock on Dalot as much as it is an endorsement of how fecking good Dani Alves was.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Some of the criticism from the previous game was ridiculous considering it was a pre season friendly. Was far better today either way

But no idea where his future lies. Either give him a chance or sign Trippier I suppose

Ace of Spades

I would just keep him and concentrate on a DM tbh. Does not look like Trippier is realistic.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think we should keep him if we don't get Trippier.

Welbeckham

This is nonsense. Do you think Williams would get near AC Milan or Portugal’s teams? Dalot is clearly a far superior footballer. Williams had about 5 decent games in 19-20 & has been living off it since.
If Williams was Portuguese and Jose Mourinho had paid a large transfer fee for him, I think he might.

For Dalot, it’s all based on his supposed potential. He was a probably an early bloomer physically, but he has struggled with the move to professional football. He’s had injuries and his development has stalled. He doesn’t impress with his technique, physique or football brain. Much like Andreas Pereira, he’s a very raw player (without any visible significant strenghts) who fails to engage and express himself at this level.

Based on their performances during last few years, there is absolutely nothing to suggest ”Dalot is clearly a far superior footballer”. Williams is the better defender, better passer and more aggressive. Both might not be good enough, but Williams has shown more.

And it’s not like Milan is willing to pay a fee for Dalot. The only reasons he got to the Euro’s are injuries and his club status. He didn’t even stand out in the U21 Euro’s. Someone like Thierry Correia is a better than him, not to mention Cancelo and Ricardo Pereira.

Obviously this all sounds very harsh and I hope that he proves me wrong.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Of course he is, didn't you see him blunder when he came on as a sub in a pre season friendly? :houllier: Lol jk
Did u see Williams for Norwich yesterday. Hes shite

acnumber9

Came on, did some step overs on the halfway line surrounded by three Wolves players and lost the ball. Then he got booked. God help us if Wan Bissaka gets injured.

snk123

Who the feck does step overs facing the opposite goal and running away from defenders? :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Came on, did some step overs on the halfway line surrounded by three Wolves players and lost the ball. Then he got booked. God help us if Wan Bissaka gets injured.
Considering he only came on in the 90th minute it was some effort to manage to be as shite as he was in such a short amount of time.

He's absolutely brainless.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What the hell guys. His unnecessary step overs were obviously a tribute to Ronnie.

Sylar

Can see why management want Trippier. Shame about his price tag. Dalot was weird.

I think the best thing hes ever done for us is that hopeful shot in Paris that lead to a penalty.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Absolute bizarre decision to bring him on.

You'd have thought any of Lindelöf, Matic or Lingard would have been more sensible options.

LoneStar

Who the feck does step overs facing the opposite goal and running away from defenders? :lol:
I was confused, and I am sure the Wolves players were confused with that as well, bonkers from Dalot there :lol:

Young Boys 2:1 Man Utd

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I thought he was decent. Didn't look out of place and my bar for our backup RB is lower than for a starter.

Then he did that stepover in the 93min that lost our momentum and gave YB a chance.... So frustrating.

Based Adnan

If you don't trust him enough to start him vs Young Boys when we're expected to dominate the ball then what's the point of keeping him around?

Ace of Spades

I thought he was decent. Didn't look out of place and my bar for our backup RB is lower than for a starter.

Then he did that stepover in the 93min that lost our momentum and gave YB a chance.... So frustrating.
Nah, can't blame him for that. We were not exactly throwing bodies upfront, and he did that in a safe area.

He was fine, not his fault for either of the goals.

ShinjiNinja26

Looked alright once he came on. He has definitely improved a bit defensively from that showing and he’ll always offer more going forward than AWB. Should be getting a run out in the cup games this season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I would start him ahead of Wan Bissaka in the league anyway until Wan Bissaka sorts himself out. He's been awful

Abraxas

Well, he didn't do anything diabolical. Dunno if that was enough to get him a go in the league but he's got an opportunity to impress now.

Status
Not open for further replies.