Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NZT-One

Thought he looked ok in a difficult situation
I agree. It was a good few minutes, hopefully he can use it to built some confidence for himself. Even though the match itself probably won't do a whole lot of mental wellbeing.

Sylar

hes going to start the next game with the red card. But I dont think hes good enough, even as a backup. Might seem harsh but clearly we were trying to get rid of him and bring in somebody else (but that didnt happen).

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He has even less experience than Bissaka, but what choices do we have... Telles at RB ?

Sometimes shit can get complicated at the start of the season.

Abraxas

He has even less experience than Bissaka, but what choices do we have... Telles at RB ?

Sometimes shit can get complicated at the start of the season.
Telles is unconvincing enough in his natural position, that's not an experiment I would like to see!

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
The other option is Lindelof at RB, but I would play Dalot

Silas

Learning how to defend is definitely easier than learning how to attack and control/pass a ball. Guess we'll see how he does in the coming games.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Learning how to defend is definitely easier than learning how to attack and control/pass a ball. Guess we'll see how he does in the coming games.
Problem is Ole doesn't teach, he relies on players that have it already.

JoaquinJoaquin

hes going to start the next game with the red card. But I dont think hes good enough, even as a backup. Might seem harsh but clearly we were trying to get rid of him and bring in somebody else (but that didnt happen).
Still arguably better than AWB. Not sure who that reflects worse on tbh.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He doesn't really look like a footballer.

I mean appearance wise, he doesn't look like a footballer... he looks like he should be Miles Teller's best friend in a raunchy teen comedy.

Abraxas

I'm opened to ideas, I'm sure Ole is too.
It would be slightly strange if we kept Dalot at the club and then decided we weren't going to play him despite AWB taking himself out of action. He is surely going to play during the ban as Ole could have gone with someone else today if he wanted.

I would guess Lindelof is the third choice option if we're willing to totally concede that we have no intention to attack from that position. Okay for a one off game but probably not an ideal solution in our CL group.

I'd just like to see Dalot put in a few sensible performances. Pass the ball to somebody better, don't do anything ridiculous in defence, no miracles expected. Surely he can do that?!

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I would give him run of games. I think he can be better for us than AWB (not that bar is high though)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It would be slightly strange if we kept Dalot at the club and then decided we weren't going to play him despite AWB taking himself out of action. He is surely going to play during the ban as Ole could have gone with someone else today if he wanted.

I would guess Lindelof is the third choice option if we're willing to totally concede that we have no intention to attack from that position. Okay for a one off game but probably not an ideal solution in our CL group.

I'd just like to see Dalot put in a few sensible performances. Pass the ball to somebody better, don't do anything ridiculous in defence, no miracles expected. Surely he can do that?!
If I was Dalot, I would do everything to use current state of defenders and fight for that position. Bissaka not looking good, Williams pretty much out of equation, this could be his gates to big football and it's not looking likely Madrid & Barca will ask for him anytime soon.

Someone will have to emerge or it's just another season lost and another winter/summer of big spending, trying to infinitely patch holes in the leaking ship.

Lindelof or even Bailly at RB ? I'd rather try Telles there, at least he knows how to cross despite mild form at times.

Art

Art the artist
Love that he still does his trademark single stepover to further run himself into a dead end down the right flank move.

acnumber9

The problem being that we would also need to teach Dalot how to attack. It baffles me how labels just stick with people. It was decided Wan Bissaka can’t attack and Dalot can and it’s just stuck regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The problem being that we would also need to teach Dalot how to attack. It baffles me how labels just stick with people. It was decided Wan Bissaka can’t attack and Dalot can and it’s just stuck regardless of any evidence to the contrary.
Ha! So true. Do people think Dalot can attack because he does an occasional step over? Only I literally cannot remember him put a single decent cross into the opposition box. As in, ever.

acnumber9

Ha! So true. Do people think Dalot can attack because he does an occasional step over? Only I literally cannot remember him put a single decent cross into the opposition box. As in, ever.
I can’t think of any other reason. Phil Neville was better at step overs. And everything else a fullback does and nobody would ever have labelled him an attacking full back.

I have a recollection of a thread on here not long after we signed him and there was a video of him over hitting cross after cross for the U23’s and people were raving about him. At that time it was because everybody was desperate for Valencia to be dropped. It’s now changed to Wan Bissaka.

Abraxas

He did in his first couple of games if I recall. I distinctly remember thinking this lad can cross. It's all gone a bit pear shaped since, it's starting to look like they were the flukes and the current state of things is his norm.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's nowhere close to Wan-Bissaka. Wan-Bissaka on the whole is usually a good one vs one defender. Dalot isn't great either at defending or attacking.
AWB blows hot and cold, unfortunately. He finished last season playing at a level that Dalot has never (and probably will never) come close to. He’s started this season in rotten form, unfortunately. Probably still marginally better than Dalot, mind you.

Salwan

Dalot is such a strange player.
Apparently he's been involved in 37 matches for us, but I still have no idea what he's supposed to be good at and what kind of player he actually is.
He's so hard to grasp and describe in words. Is he even a RB? I'm not kidding. I wouldn't be able to describe him in words to somebody who has never seen him play.

He must be the least memorable mufc player ever.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Still find it hilarious that we scouted him at Porto and bought him for more money than they sold their actual first choice right back Ricardo Pereira.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I think he would really benefit with some playing rhythm, his career for us has been so stop/ start, has he ever played 2 in a row? I think he could be an asset after watching him last year for Country and Serie A, looks a tidy player

OmarUnited4ever

He was ok last night, but I felt he was a bit lightweight and allowed too many crosses, or perhaps it was him being careful and trying to defend on foot and not rush in with tackles

Born2Lose

Should have started tonight, next CL game is Villareal at home and we need attacking fullbacks. In a way I'm glad it's been forced on Ole because I doubt it's something he'd do without AWB's red card.

Devil may care

I thought he did fine defensively, we didn't have enough of the ball for him to do much offensively.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He does this weird thing sometimes where he stands about 10 yards off the other player that's about to cross the ball instead of getting close and stopping the cross.

w1thout

He'll get his chance now with the cup game against West Ham and Bissaka being suspended for Villareal at home.
I just hope he can show some quality as we are desperate for a quality modern right-back.

The Purley King

He looks a bit leaner than last year which should benefit him.
I thought he did pretty well last night, nothing spectacular, but fairly solid. I'm not sure there is a special player in there, but he should get some game time now with AWB out. Hopefully he'll start at the weekend.

Nick7

Didn’t get to watch much of the second half, but the first thing I saw him do after coming on was trying to block a cross by stopping 5 yards away and turning away from the ball. It gave them a great chance, when it wouldn’t have even gotten into the box if he just closed down the winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.