Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

I think he would really benefit with some playing rhythm, his career for us has been so stop/ start, has he ever played 2 in a row? I think he could be an asset after watching him last year for Country and Serie A, looks a tidy player
I agree with this. It's not easy when you aren't given a run of fixtures.

jem

I don’t get the negative comments. I thought he looked good out there and actually showed a fair degree of composure.

Apokalips

I don’t get the negative comments. I thought he looked good out there and actually showed a fair degree of composure.
Me neither, a lot of hyperbole in here. He came into a situation where even our captain kept hoofing the ball off. He showed adventure and he definitely has technique on the ball but it is hard for someone who gets such little consistent playing time to settle and play their game. I'd be interested to see him given a run so we can see what he has properly.

::sonny::

Ac Milan wanted to aign him definitely, so he has some evident quality for sure

Blood Mage

Certainly not at the level required but for now I think he offers more than AWB, which is pretty damning for AWB.

edgecutter

He needs to start the next two games to get him up to speed for the important champions league matches. By giving him some playing time it should also answer the question of whether he is good enough.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He looked fine. The problem is, the bar is so low that pretty much any right back is going to look good if they can offer something on the ball.

Think we should give him more starts and see how he performs. Having said that, Westham away isn't a place to do that . I would start AWB.

el3mel

He should have never returned, WTF ? I was glad we finally managed to get rid of him somehow.

He's shit. It's not worth trying further.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Looked good. Always good to see variety of passes from your right back rather than just backward passing. Cross fields ball he played is exactly the kind of balls we drool about TAA.

Give him more chances and see how he improves

Abraxas

He did absolutely fine. Some people seem to get confused and base their opinion on individuals solely off the result. He got into very advanced positions regularly, he had no support whatsoever, but he was an outlet out there. No the finished product wasn't great but who is he aiming for?

All the defensive problems were from Telles side.

Kag

He’s one of the worst defenders I can recall watching at the club, truth be told.

A thoroughly reasonable footballer: he has the odd step over, a good first touch and a reasonable cross on him. But Christ he’s bad at knowing where to stand in his own half.

He’s fortunate that Telles was even worse.

Drizzle

He’s one of the worst defenders I can recall watching at the club, truth be told.

A thoroughly reasonable footballer: he has the odd step over, a good first touch and a reasonable cross on him. But Christ he’s bad at knowing where to stand in his own half.

I've said the same for years. An absolute liability defensively. And he's alright going forward but nothing special. People see what they want to see though.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Reasonable evaluation here. It's frustrating because even though he isn't very quick he'd be a better option than AWB if he had any sort of awareness defensively but he simply doesn't

Bwuk

He was fine.

He deserves a run tbh. AWB has been awful.

LJJT

Fantastic deliveries hope we can see more of them with Ronaldo/Cavani on the end of them

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Ok game I guess, don't see much of a difference between him and AWB currently. Dalot positioning was wrong at times but he linked up well and can cross. This simply wasn't a game for crossing though. Not with Martial up front.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Absolute nothing player. What did he even do for people to think he deserves a run in this side? Would rather Wan-Bissaka in poor form than Dalot.

Nick7

A footballer without a position. Too poor defensively to be a full back, doesn’t do enough in an attacking sense to be a winger. I suppose wing back? But I don’t think he works enough to play there.

Devil may care

Not bad all round but didn't do enough to impact the game when he got the ball in good attacking positions.

Glorio

Was he tired or did he just not care when Noble was breaking away?
He was bursting a gut, just didn't make up any ground, was probably losing ground actually. Considering he hasn't played a lot, could be he was just knackered - found it really odd though. Was my enduring memory from the game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ok game I guess, don't see much of a difference between him and AWB currently. Dalot positioning was wrong at times but he linked up well and can cross. This simply wasn't a game for crossing though. Not with Martial up front.
Jesus.

There’s an absolute gulf between them. Dalot is piss poor. Going forward and defending. Just an absolute waste of space.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was fine. Would like to see him play more against lesser sides

Red00012

He’s ok

AWB is still miles better than him despite his obvious faults

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Normally I don't think there's a contest between those two, but AWB looks unfocused this season and I don't trust him.
AWB’s had an iffy start to the season but still managed to put in at least one or two performances better than anything we’ve ever seen from Dalot. Plus he carries a lot of credit from previous seasons. He’s just a much better player.

sideshowbob

I think next season we need to get rid, along with mata and martial. Laird, Hannibal and Elanga are the three we need to make room for in the first team, special talents.

DarkXaero

Dalot has a lot more class on the ball than AWB ever can. That's not to say that Dalot should play over AWB or that he's better than AWB, but at least he doesn't struggle on the ball like AWB does.

Status
Not open for further replies.