Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was good against Westham in getting some good crosses. Today , he didn't play overlap and getting into those positions. May be a tactical instruction.

For the goal, blame the midfield that allowed an easy pass through the midfield. They cut right through it very easily.

tomaldinho1

When he’s 28 he might have a consistent cross on him and he’ll worry teams. Wasn’t his best night but second half he at least was a bit better.

I find it incredibly bizarre that Dalot has showed pretty much nothing during his time here, was average at Milan from what I’ve heard, and yet he’ll randomly get linked to teams like Real and Barca from time to time.

Feel like I’m missing something

The_Midfielder

He was good against Westham in getting some good crosses. Today , he didn't play overlap and getting into those positions. May be a tactical instruction.

For the goal, blame the midfield that allowed an easy pass through the midfield. They cut right through it very easily.
We don't have. a midfield.. You mean Scott

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
How did he get fans here who actually believe he's anywhere as competent as Wan Bissaka?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Danjuma ripped him apart. He was our best passer out the back early on, but offered nothing bombing forward and was terrible defensively. He could easily have been at fault for 3 goals were it not for Dave's massive hands and Villareal's iffy finishing.

Robertd0803

He was nowhere tonight. He wasnt getting much help in fairness but he was shocking.

Djemba-Djemba

On paper he should be a decent prospect but barely ever plays well.
Why do you think on paper he is a decent prospect? When has he ever shown himself to be a prospect? He's always awful for Utd.

He's a slow fullback thats shit going forward and an all time horrendous defender .

He was genuinely embarrassing tonight, his "defending" for their last chance with the De Gea double save and Telles block on the line should see him dropped from the squad.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I find it incredibly bizarre that Dalot has showed pretty much nothing during his time here, was average at Milan from what I’ve heard, and yet he’ll randomly get linked to teams like Real and Barca from time to time.

Feel like I’m missing something
He genuinely played like 6 senior games for Porto too

DarkXaero

Danjuma ripped him apart. He was our best passer out the back early on, but offered nothing bombing forward and was terrible defensively. He could easily have been at fault for 3 goals were it not for Dave's massive hands and Villareal's iffy finishing.
This is a fair assessment. He was actually passing well out of the back earlier in the game, but unfortunately, those ended up being his only moments in this match. He lost all confidence afterwards and couldn't hit simple crosses.

Nick7

Didn't Jose played him once like that ? Then after the game he called him crazy wing back if I remember correctly.
I don’t remember to be honest but I did look it up. Yeah, Jesse’s first start for us was in LVG’s first game, he started RWB and Tyler Blackett started at centre back. We lost 2-1 :lol:

He genuinely played like 6 senior games for Porto too
Oh yeah, I forgot about that for a moment there!

It’s almost like top Managers think “well, Jose signed him, he’s great at signing defenders (he isn’t anymore but that reputation seems to have stuck), and he’s Jose’s compatriot, so he must know tons about him hence Dalot must be good!”

Drainy

Why do you think on paper he is a decent prospect?

He's a slow fullback thats shit going forward and an all time horrendous defender .

He was genuinely embarrassing tonight, his "defending" for their last chance with the De Gea double save and Telles block on the line should see him dropped from the squad.
Shit display tonight but he's had games where he's shown:

good pace
decent strength
good dribbling
Good technique
Good crossing
Decent tackling

But he's never shown more than one or two in the same game.

He's an enigma.

BorisManUtd

Hopefully he can't be worse against Atalanta. Of all Jose's signings he was maybe strangest one.

Djemba-Djemba

Shit display tonight but he's had games where he's shown:

good pace
decent strength
good dribbling
Good technique
Good crossing
Decent tackling

But he's never shown more than one or two in the same game.

He's an enigma.
What games?

Other than Tranmere.

I'm not being funny but he's been hopeless for 99% of his games here. He's not an enigma, he's clearly just not good enough

Marwood

Is he?

I think he's subpar.

He's too slow to play at full-back and he doesn't compensate it with other facets in his game.
Weird thing is that he's supposed to be rapid.

Slowest fast player I've ever seen.

redshaw

Had a shocker really.

Brandon Williams might not be all that but he's had many good games for United, a long spell when Shaw was nowhere. Most recently he had a huge game when we secured top 4 away at Leicester, he's a very tough lad as well. Supposed to be a right back but has looked good at left back. Feel we need him over Dalot but I can only hope Dalot can look at tonight and realize he's way off and needs to work so hard to be at this level. You can't be at United and hope to coast along, you have to be United.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One of the worst performances from a United player in years. AWB might be lacking going forward but feck me he can defend and give me that any day. It amazes me that Mourinho of all people would sign a right back who can’t defend to save himself, shockingly poor tonight.
AWB is also better than him when attacking

Drainy

What games?

Other than Tranmere.
I'm not researching his previous games to win an Internet discussion of how shit Diogo Dalot is.

They are the impressions I've had in my time watching him. In some games he seems decent at something, but bad at everything else and in the next he's crap at the thing he was good at but he's better at something else.

Anyway, work tomorrow so I'm off.

Djemba-Djemba

I'm not researching his previous games to win an Internet discussion of how shit Diogo Dalot is.

They are the impressions I've had in my time watching him. In some games he seems decent at something, but bad at everything else and in the next he's crap at the thing he was good at but he's better at something else.

Anyway, work tomorrow so I'm off.
We can agree to disagree then and leave it there.

I think he's just shite and nowhere near good enough for utd.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He can't cross, he doesn't block cross and in fact be blocked zero cross today, and he can't defend. What can he do? Emery knew Dalot was our weak link and they attacked our right side most of the time. So easy to get passed.

OmarUnited4ever

Honestly would still strongly consider someone else. 3 at the back with Elanga at wingback would be better but we probably won't as this team is so top heavy.
I know Dalot is shit, but please don't say play Elanga at RB/RWB, he is just an inexperienced kid who plays as forward, maybe if Laird was here he would be an option but not Elanga

Status
Not open for further replies.