Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

One of the worst individual performances I can recall from a ManUtd player, total shit show. He's lucky De Gea put on one of his vintage performances tonight.

PoTMS

How was this guy one of the highest right full backs in the world?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Both full backs had absolutely no support from the midfield today. When the central area is exposed like we did today, it's very hard to defend 1:1 . The attacker could go either way and you can't commit either. Bring all the hatred you want but today's match is on midfield not giving enough support to attack or defend.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Both full backs had absolutely no support from the midfield today. When the central area is exposed like we did today, it's very hard to defend 1:1 . The attacker could go either way and you can't commit either. Bring all the hatred you want but today's match is on midfield not giving enough support to attack or defend.
Decent take. I’d agree with that. When Matic and Fred came on we took meaningful control of the ball in the middle for the first time in the game. Which is crazy enough… we were lucky to not be almost out of it by the end of the first half. Kamikaze playing McT Bruno and Pogba like that. They would get battered in the PL.

passing-wind

Dalot is one of the worst outfield players United have signed in recent memory. He has no redemption after what I'd consider the worst defensive performance I've ever seen against Everton a few seasons back. He's not top 8 material let alone league contenders.

Abraxas

People keep saying it's crazy that others wanted Dalot to have a go over AWB, but is it? What's so crazy about it..dropping one average full back in a speculative gamble the other may offer something.

AWB has been pretty shocking himself. I think what people were getting at was that we should have a look at Dalot not necessarily that he's going to be better or superb, merely that he's a youngish right back on our books and our current one isn't playing well. Ultimately he hasn't played that many matches for us. We're starting to see why perhaps.

It's always great to be a genius after the event but there was nothing that strange about what was being said in the context of AWB's form.

stevoc

And we turned down Dortmund’s offer for him on deadline day?
Well had we accepted who would have been playing at RB tonight? Bailly? Jones?

Not sure either of those options are better.

El Zoido

He hasn’t always been this bad but I can’t ever recall a noteworthy performance from him.

EtH

Thanks for all the quality defenders, Maureen.

criticalanalysis

He started the game decently as he stuck with his man and didn't over commit. It made me think, 'wow he's got nimble feet, is patient and got a good size (stride, height etc), so he could build from this'.

It went to complete shit after that and he either under or over commited on every single duel.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Had an absolute mare. Hopefully this is the worst we'll ever see from him. Granted, Danjuma is difficult to contain but this was something else.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The way we're playing (and have been playing since Fergie) it suits players like Wan Bissaka and De Gea due to their strengths being highlighted and their weaknesses being hidden. And I say that because we're a poor team when it comes to defensive transitions which highlights vulnerabilities of certain players, especially Dalot.

But until we become a more proactive team going forward whilst also developing a strong defensive game when it comes to defensive transitions, I foresee the same issues with the same players lauded for their slide tackling and shot stopping.

Cantonagotmehere

He's awful. This performance after his complete lack of hustle during the Wast Ham loss...... not even trying to run back at the end of the game. Get rid of him ASAP.

Feel bad slating on a United player so strongly but there has to be someone in the U21's etc...that can take his place.

Alfie092

Can we still get Trippier in January? He could make a big difference, more so than Dalot...

SplitzMagic

Had a shocker really.

Brandon Williams might not be all that but he's had many good games for United, a long spell when Shaw was nowhere. Most recently he had a huge game when we secured top 4 away at Leicester, he's a very tough lad as well. Supposed to be a right back but has looked good at left back. Feel we need him over Dalot but I can only hope Dalot can look at tonight and realize he's way off and needs to work so hard to be at this level. You can't be at United and hope to coast along, you have to be United.
What's mad is that Brandon is a natural RB.

CG1010

That was the worst RB performance I have ever seen. While Greenwood was trying to press 3 opposition players on the right wing by himself, Lindelof was practically playing as a RB covering Dalot the entire game too. And when Dalot did get close to an opposition player, he got skinned everytime. And his offensive play was non existent - over hit crosses, timid passes back etc.

I am sure he is better than he showed today and he better be, else we may not get out of our champions league group!

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
So much room for improvement. One thing he desperately need to improve quickly is his intensity of play.

RedCurry

While I think Dalot had a really bad game, I think the difference in shape between our team and their team in defence was night and day. Every time Sancho as much as touched the ball he was being double, sometimes triple teamed. And we just allowed their wingers to go one-on-one at will.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Just to confirm - that was the first legitimate 0/10 performance I’ve seen in a united shirt over the past few years

Winrar

Dalot "performance" was almost as bad as Wan bissaka vs YB and I only say that because his sending off showed up Ole's inability to adapt to adverse situations more than the actual red card.

TempusFugit

That was a baptism of fire. Not giving up on him yet, at least now he knows the level he has to work to get to. I liked the way he could go long to alleviate some pressure, AWB never does that as he prefers to carry the ball and play short passes. He's a different profile of RB to AWB, but he has to work on his defending. Greenwood wasn't helping but he has to do better.

Donut

This was up there with Bebe’s famous crossing match as one of the worst performances in a United shirt.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Well had we accepted who would have been playing at RB tonight? Bailly? Jones?

Not sure either of those options are better.
A fit Phil Jones is a much better right back than Dalot. Jones is not Gary Neville in disguise. However, to be better than Dalot at right back you don't have to be.

Danjuma done him over and over again. In the end Dalot resorted to backing off to avoid being beaten but it just gave Villareal space to advance into.

He spent a season out on loan at Milan, what did he learn? I don't see him having developed as a fullback in any real way. You could accept it if his attacking contribution was high but its not. His crossing and forward passing was bad from start to finish.

If Jones is fit, genuinely, I'd start him against Atalanta. With Wan-Bissaka suspended, I think Atalanta's attack will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing Dalot.

buckooo1978

not the same player we saw play for Portugal in Summer. Was roasted last night. Maybe a lack of ganetime combined with a lack of confidence?

Some will say no chance but I think we should maybe play him vrs Everton or Leicester as he needs a bit of rhythm.

I wouldn't want to throw him in cold vrs Atalanta in a game we need to avoid defeat in

He's better than what we saw last night

stevoc

A fit Phil Jones is a much better right back than Dalot. Jones is not Gary Neville in disguise. However, to be better than Dalot at right back you don't have to be.

Danjuma done him over and over again. In the end Dalot resorted to backing off to avoid being beaten but it just gave Villareal space to advance into.

He spent a season out on loan at Milan, what did he learn? I don't see him having developed as a fullback in any real way. You could accept it if his attacking contribution was high but its not. His crossing and forward passing was bad from start to finish.

If Jones is fit, genuinely, I'd start him against Atalanta. With Wan-Bissaka suspended, I think Atalanta's attack will be licking their lips at the prospect of facing Dalot.
A fit Phil Jones would certainly be better defensively, but as always it's a big if.

I don't think we can expect too much from Phil for a while yet.

Marwood

People keep saying it's crazy that others wanted Dalot to have a go over AWB, but is it? What's so crazy about it..dropping one average full back in a speculative gamble the other may offer something.

AWB has been pretty shocking himself. I think what people were getting at was that we should have a look at Dalot not necessarily that he's going to be better or superb, merely that he's a youngish right back on our books and our current one isn't playing well. Ultimately he hasn't played that many matches for us. We're starting to see why perhaps.

It's always great to be a genius after the event but there was nothing that strange about what was being said in the context of AWB's form.
But It's been obvious for quite some time that Dalot is miles off the quality and a long way from being as good as AWB.

If its taken just last nights game to come to that conclusion you have to ask why you didn't see it before.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why did we reject Dortmund's bid again?

Skåre Willoch

Total liability last night.

He should just go to wherever Conte ends up. The perfect wing back for his system, but will probably struggle in any other team.

Abraxas

But It's been obvious for quite some time that Dalot is miles off the quality and a long way from being as good as AWB.

If its taken just last nights game to come to that conclusion you have to ask why you didn't see it before.
I didn't advocate it necessarily, it's similar to how people want to see Donny despite him being anywhere from poor to average in a United shirt. We have a few problem positions that people are keen to find an option within the squad to at least provide competition.

It's easy to come out after the event and lambast everybody with a suggestion but it's not all that clever, anyone can do that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I didn't advocate it necessarily, it's similar to how people want to see Donny despite him being anywhere from poor to average in a United shirt. We have a few problem positions that people are keen to find an option within the squad to at least provide competition.

It's easy to come out after the event and lambast everybody with a suggestion but it's not all that clever, anyone can do that.
If Donny has been “poor to average “ for United so far, how would you rate Dalot? I would rate his performances so far as “crap to diabolical” and that’s before last night’s game. I’d give Donny “poor to quite good”.

Status
Not open for further replies.