Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

Such a weird fellow. At points last night watching him I’m think Jeez can we swap him for Brandon Williams but there are little moments of class in his performance. He played some fantastic diagonal balls in to runners and some good passes through the lines.
His defending is certainly suspect but then that moment when he was 2 on 1 he pretty much played that perfectly. However then flashback to him getting beaten by that dude like he was nothing. There is certainly something there but I don’t think he’ll be the player he needs to be for a few years yet.

Abraxas

If Donny has been “poor to average “ for United so far, how would you rate Dalot? I would rate his performances so far as “crap to diabolical” and that’s before last night’s game. I’d give Donny “poor to quite good”.
Similar. Mostly average but the last couple of appearances have obviously been atrocious.

The main difference is it has been a bit easier for Donny to hide, lay it off etc when he's come on in attacking positions, or even in deeper ones if he passes 4 yards consistently we're immediately looking for positives because there have been so few.

Dalot was getting tested a lot more from RB and clearly failed that test against Villarreal but overall I wouldn't say there is massive amounts between them.

It's not the point anyway, it's the way that people come out acting like know it alls criticising people for suggesting AWB takes a break when he's been poor. Even though this was actually enforced and nothing to do with the manager taking that decision anyway.

jem

I don’t know why but I have a soft spot for Dalot. He seems pretty charismatic and flashes glimpses of what I’d love to see from our right back. But he was pretty awful last night.

zenith

We need AWB back. A defender is no good if he cannot defend

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Just reading the marks out of 10 in the paper and he gets a 7. How is that remotely possible? De gea gets starman with the same 7.

Gandalf

Why did we reject Dortmund's bid again?
Because Madrid didn't want to drop their price on Trippier and Dortmund did not start negotiating until after we had agreed to loan Brandon meaning we would have no cover at right back. From the talk around that time it was never likely anyway as we wanted a significant loan fee or a permanent deal and Dortmund were offering two bratwurst and a signed picture of Angela Merkel.

Marwood

I didn't advocate it necessarily, it's similar to how people want to see Donny despite him being anywhere from poor to average in a United shirt. We have a few problem positions that people are keen to find an option within the squad to at least provide competition.

It's easy to come out after the event and lambast everybody with a suggestion but it's not all that clever, anyone can do that.
But its not after the event. It's been said countless times that he's nowhere near good enough. He's miles off. Last night was true to form.

There was a moment last night where Lindelof had to tell him to go and tackle or just get near their winger. When Lindelof is telling you to engage you're in trouble.

Good on him for being extremely fortunate so far but I really feel he needs to drop a level. Is he too good for the Championship?

ExoduS

There is a one positive about his performance. He was very good at celebrating the winning goal. Outperformed Pogba there.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Such a weird fellow. At points last night watching him I’m think Jeez can we swap him for Brandon Williams but there are little moments of class in his performance. He played some fantastic diagonal balls in to runners and some good passes through the lines.
His defending is certainly suspect but then that moment when he was 2 on 1 he pretty much played that perfectly. However then flashback to him getting beaten by that dude like he was nothing. There is certainly something there but I don’t think he’ll be the player he needs to be for a few years yet.
He needs a run of games. This place never learns. It’s all extreme views based on as little evidence as possible. He’s surely a better player than he’s been able to show so far in a stop start career here.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If I'm right atalanta play a 352 - so it should mean a slightly better performance by Dalot.

Less of the players straight dribbling through him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If I'm right atalanta play a 352 - so it should mean a slightly better performance by Dalot.

Less of the players straight dribbling through him.
He will be up against Gosens, he is attacking threat like a winger.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He will be up against Gosens, he is attacking threat like a winger.
Yeah he will still have a game vs him but I hope that he can handle a more touchline Lb/LM type player than a player that tries cutting in and taking shots like they did against him in Villareal.

InfiniteBoredom

He had a poor game, and there’s no reason to believe that he’s improved defensively after the loan, but having 0 protection from both the wide forward playing in front of him as well as the midfield didn’t help.

Anyone playing in this team at the moment bar Ronaldo should be prepared to run their lungs out, the way teams beat our half hearted ‘press’ is pathetic.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Going by the highlights, he played very well for Portugal.
Yeah he was good. But Qatar aren't very good and pretty much parked the bus so obviously inviting him on to attack you is playing to his strengths.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Not surprised we couldn't get rid, horrendous footballer. Has so little ability, pace, skill, cannot pass, cannot shoot, cannot cross. Basically a body to fill a spare shirt.

Irwin99

I've never been convinced a single time that i've seen this guy but, like Telles, he could maybe do with starting a few games because our fullbacks have been dire this season.

As someone said, he might get an opportunity with another manager?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Terrible for the 3rd time.

What's the point of having one fullback on the bench that can "play" either side when he's shit whenever called upon. I'd rather see Bailly RB and Telles (or even Fred) LB.

Nick7

Terrible for the 3rd time.

What's the point of having one fullback on the bench that can "play" either side when he's shit whenever called upon. I'd rather see Bailly RB and Telles (or even Fred) LB.
Telles was on the bench which is even funnier

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Another player who should have been gone about two seasons ago and is still here.

Just….why? He had a good loan, take a couple mill for him and bin him. Why do we not hold ourselves to higher standards?

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Very talented player when he got here but never good enough for our level, especially mentally. Lindelof, Darmian, Dalot is the holly grail of failed transfers in terms of defenders who ultimately got too much playing time over their talent, why we never figure out it in time and keep trusting these kids..

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have slagged Dalot off something fierce, written him off, called for his sale. Tonight he showed something though. Best I remember him playing for United.

Lebo

One of those players who are good but inconsistent. People always remember the bad games but not the good ones. His potential is higher than AWB

Rockets Redglare

I have slagged Dalot off something fierce, written him off, called for his sale. Tonight he showed something though. Best I remember him playing for United.
Agreed, I never thought he was good enough but he looked great tonight.

Hopefully not just a one off.

ManRed

Was a breath of fresh air on the right. The ball for 2nd goal was excellent and opened Raahford up. Should start against Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.