Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Rather him play than AWB tbh. He's brave and not scared to play.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Good performance. Deserves to start next game given how bad AWB has been.

led_scholes

He was really good today. Hopefully, he can develop a good understanding and link up with Sancho.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
His best game for us. Check my posts in this thread. So many of you have a horrible time judging a footballer :lol: which is weird seeing as you seem so confident in your opinions. Players need minutes, confidence and familiarity before anyone can ever truly judge but it’s write off city with our fans based on what managers who essentially got fired think. There was clearly a player there. Dalot looked very good as a youth, good for Milan and clearly progressive for Portugal last summer (with many of our own fans in denial about it for some reason) but Ole gave AWB the minutes instead as was his right. he looks a lot better going forward than AWB. If we could pair AWBs defensive attributes with Dalots attacking instincts we’d have the perfect player. He’s far from shite but he’s not perfect. You never truly know what you’re dealing with until a manger gives a player a genuine chance to get confident and hit up through the gears.

I guess it’s the same with Fred and Pogba but I much prefer players who play with intensity because I think it’s essential in this league. You saunter around probing and figuring it out and you're getting shut out and countered to death. You have to take risks, be aggressive and work bloody hard. We’ve been badly missing that. I think Ralf is going to feel the same way.

studs

Was good tonight, has a brain and plays a good pass.

El Zoido

Good performance, I’m sure played up for the new manager which is exactly how it should be. I’m curious to see if Rangnick approaches this squad as a blank slate, Dalot could stake a claim ahead of AWB.

Walters_19_MuFc

Good performance from him. He's faster than I thought. Not too sure how bad AWB's hand is, but it'd be nice to see him get a few games to prove himself.

Telsim

I'd written him off after that dreadful Villarreal game, but very impressed tonight. Brings so much more than AWB. I hope he starts more and I think he might now.

PoTMS

Not convinced he's good enough to be our long-term starting right back but he's far better than Wan-Bissaka in that he can actually play football.

DutchCruijff

Dalot and Fred are two performers for our club who have been slagged off unnecessarily. They are good players, players worth keeping around, at the very least.

Dalot can improve, will improve, particularly his defensive game. He offers so much more than AWB. And, quite frankly, give him game time and his situational awareness/defensive game will improve beyond what AWB is offering.

OTRightWinger07

AWB will have to work really hard to impress rangnick because in my opinion dalot right now might be a starter. he really impressed me tonight.

Very good today and like Telles a reasonable backup.

OneUnited24

That reverse ball to Rashford before the second goal was class. Had that been AWB he would have gone back or infield. He has his limitations but atm i'd rather see him in the team

Last edited:

Waynne

Our best RB was on the bench all along. Great performance tonight. Long may it continue.

Have said for a while to give Dalot a run out along with Telles since AWB, Shaw and Maguire have been rubbish consistently for weeks.

If you want an attacking threat down the right, you play Dalot. AWB is just utter dog shite crap going forward and it's been like that for ages. No idea why Ole persisted with him.

Blood Mage

He surely deserves a run after that? Fantastic performance, he barely put a foot wrong. Technically he's a level above Wan Bissaka, his positioning and timing were the main things in question but he looked much better in both aspects today.

AR87

I'm not a believer in him, but AWB has been in wretched form and Dalot was very good today. He deserves a chance based on his performance and if nothing else it will serve as a wake up call to AWB who I feel has been affected negatively by complacency.

Opening the position up for a legitimate competition is the right move and could see us benefit with both players pushing each other.

slored1

Was really really good today. Did everything right. Still had some trouble with Arsenal's pace but otherwise great.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was good considering a) his first game for a while and b) he was up against Arsenal's best player in Martinelli

Smores

He's still very young for a defender at this level so a lot of room to grow.

izec

I think he might overtake AWB under Rangnick. AWB really has to do some work, at the moment, he is not good enough and Dalot should get a run of games

Hoof the ball

The difference between Dalot and AWB is that I'm convinced that AWB is playing as close to his ceiling of potential as is possible. The scope of growth for AWB as a productive offensive player is minimal. Dalot, on the other hand, you get the feeling like he's just waiting for the right coach, right system, right run of games to put his good offensive attributes together.

RedIan

Played really well. deserves to keep his place. Better attacking than AWB and showed tonight he can defend too..

Abraxas

A good footballer. Picked a lovely pass. He's got technical ability in his locker that AWB will never have.

It's just... has he truly got it at either end of the pitch to be a starting full back? He seems like he's fine with the ball at his feet but whether he's got the running power, the defensive ability, concentration, these are all big questions.

Has never really had an extended opportunity.

DarkXaero

Probably his best performance in a United shirt yet. People too easily forgot that Dalot was a highly rated talent not long ago. The technical ability is clearly there, he has to develop the tactical and mental aspects of his game, and those things can be developed. I would not hesitate to give him an extended run over AWB to see what he can show.

Kostov

The best game I have seen him play in a United shirt. This Dalot will keep AWB on the bench imo. He was solid in defense and very very bright going forward.

The_Midfielder

The best game I have seen him play in a United shirt. This Dalot will keep AWB on the bench imo. He was solid in defense and very very bright going forward.
It will be Telles that will be on the bench I think

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I don't get the "not a fan" comments really, he's played feck all games to make an outright call on for me.

He played really well tonight, at the vert least I wouldn't be selling him in January.

SAFMUTD

Surprisingly he had a great game, hopefully he can keep it up. With AWBs current form he has a real shot of overtaking the starting spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.