Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Dalot's form is becoming a Christmas present!

I have slaughtered this kid, called for him to be shipped, chat s-t about him over and over. However, in the last couple of games he's come up against Zaha and Smith-Rowe and properly held his own.

Would be wonderful to be proven wrong about this kid. Keep it up Diogo!

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Cristiano has elevated this boy. We knew he had potential but he looked like he lacked desire in the past couple years. A great athlete just lacked some ambition.

Keep it up

Lebo

He also did very well the game we lost 1-0 to west Harm in the league cup. I think people underrate player performances after a loss . His Milan loan really helped him a lot. Goes to show that no training in the world can replace playing week in week out

hungrywing

When we signed him I thought he was rated very highly as a defender. Think he had a really mature performance for Porto at Anfield as a highlight. We havn't really seen evidence of that with United but it would be interesting if Rangnick can coach it into him. There's probably less work to do there than sorting out Wan Bissakas attacking game
Wasn't he "the top U-18 right back in Portugal" or something like that. I seem to remember several articles mentioning something along those lines, as well as that article about him buying his old club a new bus.

SAFMUTD

He's had two impressive games, I had already written him off but he's been good the last two games, long may it continue.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Wasn't he "the top U-18 right back in Portugal" or something like that. I seem to remember several articles mentioning something along those lines, as well as that article about him buying his old club a new bus.
Mourinho said something along the lines of Dalot being the best fullback in the world in his age group at the time.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don't think he was even that great. His performance was just better than the usual AWB.

It's like people had accepted you don't have to be a footballer to play RB.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
What a pleasant surprise he has been. I had certainly written him off, didn't think he had the heart, the grit, the positional sense to be a good enough defender for us and thought his attacking prowess was always over estimated. Has shown enough in the last 2 games to suggest he could be a solution for us. Sturdy in defence, sharp, aware, very impressive all round.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When we signed him I thought he was rated very highly as a defender. Think he had a really mature performance for Porto at Anfield as a highlight. We havn't really seen evidence of that with United but it would be interesting if Rangnick can coach it into him. There's probably less work to do there than sorting out Wan Bissakas attacking game
When we signed him he was considered one of the best RB talents in Europe. I believe @Invictus did a fantastic write up on him when he signed/was linked.

hungrywing

Aye but I mean actual defending as we consider him better at the attacking side of the game now.
Yes, I was agreeing with you specifically regarding the highlighted part; I remembered reading pieces on him already being a good defender with the potential to be very good going forward.

When we signed him he was considered one of the best RB talents in Europe. I believe @Invictus did a fantastic write up on him when he signed/was linked.
Yes, I remember people absolutely gushing over him at the time, in addition to the Mourinho-stamp-of-approval that @Kill 'em all mentioned. The impression I remember getting was that we'd bought at the very least a Rafael-level talent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just echoing some other sentiments in this thread, I'll be the first to say I thought he was dreadful. Seeing performances like the one against Villareal further compounded that for me. With that being said, he's getting better by the game and he looks like this system was made for him. For the first time since he joined I feel like I'm watching a potential Man. United calibre player. Could just be a purple patch but due to his age it could be that he's developing after stringing a few performances together.

Early days yet but as far as I'm concerned Wan-Bissaka hasn't done close to enough to cement that position so it's up to Dalot to grab it. By the sounds of it he passed his first test by impressing Rangnick.
What, he should have gone with Diogo Dalot as Plan A on RB, in 2019?
Yeah that's an absurd opinion, one shaped with the benefit of hindsight I suspect.

Devil may care

Pleased to see him retain his spot even with AWB back as he was good against Arsenal, @Invictus picked him out as a talent when he was first showing out at Porto and he's not often wrong.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Dalot's form is becoming a Christmas present!

I have slaughtered this kid, called for him to be shipped, chat s-t about him over and over. However, in the last couple of games he's come up against Zaha and Smith-Rowe and properly held his own.

Would be wonderful to be proven wrong about this kid. Keep it up Diogo!
I think he had way more than 1 interception.

Bwuk

He played well.

Dalots never had a consistent run of games, likewise Telles. They never had a chance to show what they could do.

Even Shaw, he only got to the level he got to because he was playing every week.

GazTheLegend

Fairly shocked that it turns out Dalot can actually play football. Great Vs arsenal and great today seemingly. Pleasant surprise and long may it continue.

To be fair to him regards Villarreal, he had absolutely no help at all all game and was kind of made to look shit, he was left 1v2 waaaaaay too often.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
His passing with his left is better than I thought. He's had a few really good passes in the past two games even without having a lot of time to get them off.

Rossa

Fairly shocked that it turns out Dalot can actually play football. Great Vs arsenal and great today seemingly. Pleasant surprise and long may it continue.

To be fair to him regards Villarreal, he had absolutely no help at all all game and was kind of made to look shit, he was left 1v2 waaaaaay too often.
Watching Lennon vs Evra, you would think Evra was an utter liability. Constantly beaten on the outside. Some players just have your number. That being said, he was atrocious against Villareal.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Enjoyed his approach today. I think he will benefit greatly from a proper coach and a bit of belief in him

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He was well regarded as a fullback (particularly regarding the offensive point of view) from the players born in 1999, that generation of players from Portugal won the under 17 and 19 Euros, so it's understandable he was more or less known by International Scouts. Another thing is developing into a great player when you play at professional level.

Anyway, rarely the fullbacks developed in the youth system in Portugal are very strong defensively, or because at Youth Level they only have a couple of competitive games and spend most of the time attacking, and even some of them when they reach the professional level are converted from wingers into fullbacks, the only good defensive fullback I remember we had was Paulo Ferreira maybe 15 years ago.

united for life

All good until he actually has to defend against proper left wing players. i still think we need an upgrade to what we currently have in that position.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Feel like he's physically improving every game as well, he looked bloody fast today. Faster than usual, that's for sure.

Should easily be first choice from now.

DarkXaero

I'm not sure why people are surprised, he was a highly rated young fullback and he always had really good technical ability. Even before these last two games, you could see his ability on the ball. Such a breath of fresh air after seeing AWB start every game for so long.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I am impressed with his fitness level. Not that it's something overly impressive, but I always thought he was slow and weak. Another good game, gets another start for sure.

Foxbatt

Cristiano has elevated this boy. We knew he had potential but he looked like he lacked desire in the past couple years. A great athlete just lacked some ambition.

Keep it up
Or lost hope? A lot depends on the manager and coaching staff too. Jose was not the best in this and neither was Ole.

Rossa

Must admit I had completely written this guy off. And I usually try to be as patient as possible. His last two performances are making me look pretty stupid. Long may it last!
We are many with you. I felt he was too slow, terrible at defending and not even half fit to play that role. Poor stamina and not even good at link up play. Here we are, and he’s been bossing it against a very tricky winger, Zaha, and against Arsenal. Hoping he may continue and even improve.

city-puma

All good until he actually has to defend against proper left wing players. i still think we need an upgrade to what we currently have in that position.
We don’t need anyone new at the moment because Dalot has properly step up to give us the competition in RB. We have a very promising young boy in the pipeline who is playing for Swansea now. RB position is now well stocked.

Dante

Average bang
He played really well as an attacking fullback - but only if you compare him directly to AWB in that singular regard. I don't think he's good enough overall, though. And against a Palace side that sat very deep, I'm not sure how representative today was of the average Permier League match.

But his delivery from wide areas is incredible, I'll give him that. The best fullbabck we've had at it in years. The issue is his weakness in every area of the game. I guess if TAA can get away with it in a similar system, maybe Rangnick could pull off a similar trick here.

If it were up to me, I'd bring back Laird and let him fight it out with Dalot in the second half of the season to be our long term attacking alternative to Wan-Bissaka. There isn't enough room for all three of them, and AWB gets in by virtue of his unique skillset.

Thought there was no coming back after Danjuma took his soul in the worst defensive performance I’ve seen in a Utd shirt.

Fair play to him. Proving his doubters wrong the last couple games.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I hope Ralf can rotate the fullbacks a bit more and have proper competition for places as one of my main criticisms of Ole was him running players into the ground every season and the team finishing every season knackered. The like of AWB, Shaw, Maguire, Bruno and Rashford. That really shouldn't be the case anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.