Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

Am angry at the result but the image of him panicked by two or three players in our box and not knowing which one to pick up will live in my memory. It's like he's thinking 'where the feck are my teammates?"

Those saying he should cross more, to who? Ronaldo spent half the game 5 feet away from him. He's not crossing it because there's never anyone there to cross to.

RedDevil250

Neither him or AWB are good enough. People get excited about some skills after watching clueless AWB on the ball for a few years, but he can't cross or shoot for s***.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Think our left-back situation is a bigger issue. People are quick to blame the RB but forget to note what side all these chances are coming from. Fatty and Telles aren't the best athletes in terms of running up and down the pitch.

CloneMC16

Am angry at the result but the image of him panicked by two or three players in our box and not knowing which one to pick up will live in my memory. It's like he's thinking 'where the feck are my teammates?"
Pretty much. Man was left out to dry by McT and Elanga jogging back. He had 3 guys to mark. He was completely fecked. I don't know why so many people were blaming him in the match thread. If he goes out to mark the guy at the back post, he leaves the guy in the middle of the goal. He made the right decision.

The only small bit of criticism I can have of him is he didn't know that there was a guy behind him. I still believe that he's been left out to dry by his teammates. He was aware of two players and tried his best to cover both. Elanga has to get back and follow his man at the back post.

Still don't think he's good enough. Not blaming him for this, though.

AshRK

A failed Milan player who people think can be our next Gary Neville. Not that Awb is amazing or anything but he ain't good enough either.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Think our left-back situation is a bigger issue. People are quick to blame the RB but forget to note what side all these chances are coming from. Fatty and Telles aren't the best athletes in terms of running up and down the pitch.
Shaw is a good player who's in poor form. AWB and Dalot are just flat out rubbish. RB is a far bigger issue. Especially in the attacking sense because we don't have any decent options on the right at all now that Greenwood's gone. At least we have Sancho on the left. For now, anyway...

L1nk

Dalot has to cover the man Maguire left by charging out. Elanga didn’t track back so what’s he supposed to do he’s between a rock and a hard place, if he marks his own man the guy in the middle is free for a 1v1

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's alright. Probably only a slight step below Shaw but plays with more intensity. Much better player than Telles or Wan Bissaka. He plays good passes though! Just his crosses suck.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I literally have no idea what he’s supposed to be good at. His greatest achievement was selfishly shanking a shot he should never have taken in the last minute vs PSG, that somehow ended up winning us the game through sheer luck, and ever since he’s decided that means he should shoot whenever he has an outside chance, despite scoring the sum total of one goal…. And even then it’s invariably better than his crossing, which is some of the worst I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen Bebe in the flesh.

He does that two touch zig zag skill to get past a man quite well, which he does at least twice a game, usually in his own half, but beyond that I genuinely don’t see what he offers that AWB doesn’t. I guess he provides some semi-decent Ronaldo content for the social media accounts? - by which I mean he uploads some training pictures of him standing behind him laughing, but beyond that he just seems significantly worse at everything than any of our other fullbacks, who are all significantly bad at something, just not quite in the fully rounded, completionist way he is.

gotta admire his confidence though

United in sin

Dalot is an enigma. He was scouted by Mourinho's network and came here with a lot of hype around him. Mourinho claimed he the player was among the best in his age group in the world in his position when he signed.

Eventually Mourinho himself found no use for Dalot and literally gave up on him, same as Solskjaer after trying him at RW a few times. His crossing is overrated and he has not a single outstanding attribute outside of that. The RB position is going to have to be addressed this summer

mavradal

Dalot has to cover the man Maguire left by charging out. Elanga didn’t track back so what’s he supposed to do he’s between a rock and a hard place, if he marks his own man the guy in the middle is free for a 1v1
Exactly the main culprit is Maguire who left the box wide open and secondly Elanga for not backtracking to cover. Dalot was fecked either way he chose to defend in that situation.

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
I keep hearing how brilliant this guy is but it seems to me like that’s little more than a reaction to AWB’s flaws and failings. He’s bang average and I hope we don’t toss away another couple of seasons on him.

Deery

Dreary
I don’t really have much love for him to be honest, he’s okay at going forward but even then rarely creates or is threatening and defensively he seems as much a liability as AWB going forward. Rather we just try an sign Cash of Villa, who can do both.

LiquidSnake

Honestly as of now, any fullback in this team that is not playing with Jadon Sancho on his side will not be looking competent offensively.

I find Dalot pretty average but I still keep my judgment on him as I'm pretty sure 98% of fullbacks in football history would look as average.

How many times I see him going forward and there's absolutely no option, absolutely non dangerous part of the attacking zone are clogged by players, no decent run for a cross or as a lot of times, the attack progress too slowly and the defense is set.

So maybe if you have Javier Zanetti capacity of bursting into dribbling out of nowhere, Dani Alves creativity and vision etc... You can create something.

But if you have to be a generational fullback talent to pull shite out of your arse every attacking opportunities to just look competent, you have serious problems in your team (which is the case).

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Doesn't defends well enough, doesn't attack well enough.

Doesn't provide crosses, overlapping, key passes etc,

Just a common and flat player

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Yeah he’s had a nice run now to show what he’s capable of and convince that he can take the RB spot…and he’s just not up to it unfortunately. Another position that needs sorting.

JB7

Never want to see him again. Utter shite. Can't defend and is even worse going forward than AWB which is quite an incredible achievement.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can't believe he's getting shit for the goal. The only solution is to split in two and mark two players

Idxomer

He's a worse player than AWB who's also not very good but could at least provide a bit of unpredictability.

JB7

Can't believe he's getting shit for the goal. The only solution is to split in two and mark two players
Probably because he stands in the middle marking neither of them.

RopersReturn

He's a worse player than AWB who's also not very good but could at least provide a bit of unpredictability.
Think he’s improved considerably tbh, he just wasn’t getting much game-time. I reckon he’s a better player than AWB.

Gordon Godot

Both AWB and Dalot underline our appalling transfer 'strategy'. Seems Mourinho was tipped about Dalot, so it was his signing, not our 'recruitment team'. Similarly, Ole chose AWB, part of Phelan's buy British Brexit genius strategy. Both poor players. I also look at Telles and question why we buy so many bang average players, do we not have youth players coming through who can do a similar job?

led_scholes

I thought he was good and better than Telles. He shoot 3-4 times, but bar one time, he was in the position to shoot, and his shoots were not that bad.

Gordon Godot

I thought he was good and better than Telles. He shoot 3-4 times, but bar one time, he was in the position to shoot, and his shoots were not that bad.
THe reality is the bar is very low. Being better than Telles says little. Look at the lack of attacking threat from either player, particulary in terms of creating chances. I dont really count a couple of pot shots as real goal threat either.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Well considering other attacking players stop and pass back I don’t even blame him for taking on shots. Barely anyone in the team wants to take responsibility. Can’t say Dalot is one of them.

Danny

Being super critical but Dalot could have passed the middle forward on to Telles as he's free and then Dalot pick up the goalscorer. Appreciate that's in hindsight though but he may have done this if he'd have taken time to see who is behind him instead of fixating on the ball.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I mean, he's left high and dry on the goal because Maguire steps out because...Fred was fouled. And Elanga doesn't get back with the midfielder because...Elanga was fouled.

When you get two free hits it's not hard to find an open man.

Abraxas

Not sure why he's getting shit for shooting. Makes no sense at all. Gets criticised for doing nothing in the final third (with some justification), yet when he tries to do something there's a pile on that he shouldn't.

They weren't ridiculous shots, they were there to be hit and he hit them alright. We weren't creating much and we're playing against a very deep block, I'm afraid they are going to be glimmers of goal that you have to take. What's he supposed to do, turn down the shot and keep on with our habit of religiously passing side to side and going nowhere?

simmee

Being super critical but Dalot could have passed the middle forward on to Telles as he's free and then Dalot pick up the goalscorer. Appreciate that's in hindsight though but he may have done this if he'd have taken time to see who is behind him instead of fixating on the ball.
It's not like Telles will just magically appear next to the one in the middle just because Dalot tells him.

I thought Dalot was quite good yesterday. Would love to see our fullbacks overlap a bit more though but suspect that's tactical. Or they are just sick of never getting the pass.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Basics of defending: you cover the middle players before the wing players as they have the highest xG.

He had to cover the middle players because Maguire had caused chaos and Varane got left out. In an ideal world elanga would have covered that run.

abkmufc92

Not much else he can do for the goal when Maguire decides to mark Telles so he has to cover the player in the middle.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
My only complaint about him - he should have crossed bit short to Elanga header (which was called as a foul). He does it bit short and it's a goal.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Easy to say but how is Telles going to get enough time move to the middle forward? Maguire fecked it up but then again I have to question whether it was coaching instruction from Ralf to instruct Maguire to man mark his man and keep following him whenever he goes and let Varane to cover the open space when Maguire leaves his spot.

Man Utd 1:1 Leicester

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Absolutely sick of him. For an attacking winger, he has no assists and no goals despite being first choice since November.

Rafael was a better player when he first arrived. Rather have Wan Bissaka then him tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.