Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Too bad he wasted 3 seasons learning nothing. Hopefully it's not too late.
Am I the only one who remembers he didn't look like this before? He used to be scrawny when we first signed him, then he bulked up before or after Milan. It was around that time that he became a man.

fallengt

I gave up on him after first match. Now he's slowly providing me wrong

Foxbatt

The mentality in that back 4 has shifted massively.

You can see how pumped up Dalot, Martinez, Varane and Malacia are. They're high fiving each other during games on successful blocks or tackles.
You never saw that with Maguire and Lindelof in there.

Says a lot about team spirit. Long may it continue.
It's obvious because Lindelof would have had his hands behind him.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
A player who looks like a new signing. This is the impact of a new manager bringing in players with a brilliant attitude.

A confident team with some talent absolutely kills a team stacked with talent and on the floor.

Still unsure on him but can fault him last 3 games one bit

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I always thought that he is a very well rounded player. He's not the fastest, not the most brilliant crosser of a ball and not the strongest defender but he can contribute well in both phases of the match.

I rate him higher than most on here. Sometimes I read comments and ask myself if we're watching the same player. His switches of play are very intelligent, even his decision making when pressing, man marking or making the overlap are all timed really well. After his spell at Milan, he's returned like a different player and I could see that in the small run of games he got under Rangnick. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being our long-term right back.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I always thought that he is a very well rounded player. He's not the fastest, not the most brilliant crosser of a ball and not the strongest defender but he can contribute well in both phases of the match.

I rate him higher than most on here. Sometimes I read comments and ask myself if we're watching the same player. His switches of play are very intelligent, even his decision making when pressing, man marking or making the overlap are all timed really well. After his spell at Milan, he's returned like a different player and I could see that in the small run of games he got under Rangnick. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being our long-term right back.
He's only 23.
He needed to get experience for the game to slow down for him. Everyone seems to write off young players pre-maturely by comparing them to the outliers or the greatest ever. Or in his case to the Cafu-like performances by the time he is 20.

United produces more professional footballers than any club even though they dont all come out to be a Cafu. We need to trust their judgement and stop slagging off or wanting to bin young players pre-maturely.

Tarrou

had written him off

great turn-around

hopefully this is what we can expect from ETH, a squad of players that improve through-out the season, rather than regress..

NoPace

It's obvious because Lindelof would have had his hands behind him.
He does seem like a player who needs to be in a back 3 centrally organizing and passing like a Conor Coady, but if you figure Maguire leaves next summer and we bring in a replacement that's still only 3 CBs so he might just stick around here instead of going to Lazio or somewhere and doing well.

Trex

Hanging around Bruno and Ronaldo does good for this lad. He shows the same hunger you get from them two.

Revaulx

He plays like he gives a feck, that's all I really ask. Willing to be patient with him.
Ditto. His attitude and intensity when he first became a regular under Ralf alerted me to the possibility he might be a good ‘un after all. I’m delighted that he’s continued to improve and more people are recognising his quality.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
He is decent, still young and maybe has a breakout season. But I feel his ceiling isn't the same as James, TAA, Hakimi, Cancelo and others. But, if he is consistent and does is job, then he is good, reliable player who can be trusted and until we don't have a higher potential/ability RB in team, he does the job.

I can see him as a backup for the elite RB and still getting some 20 games a season. So still decent amount of games.

Greck

Ok so how ridiculous is it there were people saying there's nothing to suggest he's better on the ball than AWB? That all he did better were step overs. You dont need a compass to pinpoint technical differences this glaring. Is not contained in stats either.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ok so how ridiculous is it there were people saying there's nothing to suggest he's better on the ball than AWB? That all he did better were step overs. You dont need a compass to pinpoint technical differences this glaring. Is not contained in stats either.
It’s mental. Even at his worst he’s so obviously a better footballer than Wan Bissaka, who struggles to control a pass without getting a nose bleed. I had literal arguments with some posters about this.

studs

He was always a much better player than AWB at everything football related bar jumping on the ground. If he was English there would be queues apon queues lined up to lick the back of his balls.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Seems he’s responding well to the motivational type leadership around him as well. Hopefully he continues improving this season. It would mean 1 less spot requiring investment for a starter.

The fighting spirit and unity the likes of Malacia, Varane and Martinez have been infectious and seems to have rubbed off well on Dalot. Not to be too critical, but it’s night and day over the “passive” attitude of someone like Shaw & being led by someone like Maguire, who himself is mistake ridden and not leading by example.

Polar

Is improving, but in total not much to yell hurray about. Decent mid-table RB, and that’s it.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The tools were always there. People just refused to see them. He has always had a decent touch, comfortable with both feet and in advanced positions.
His biggest attribute has always been his bravery. Even when he makes mistakes he's not afraid to play. You never see him strolling back to help the defense or join an attack. Another thing is that he has a decent long pass on him.
I don't think it should have been a surprise Rangnick or ETH prefer him to Bissaka.
He is also 23. People forget he barely had any first team experience when we signed him.

Last edited:

Pat Cat

Much better defensively than Wan Bissaka. Reads the game better, better positioning, and leaps and bounds better in the air. Also makes better decisions on when to leave his defensive line and close down an attacker. Not especially brilliant 1v1 of course but that's something which can be covered for in a well organised team.

Skills

Snitch
The tools where always there. People just refused to see it. He has always had a decent touch, comfortable with both feet and in advanced positions.
His biggest attribute has always been his bravery. Even when he makes mistakes he's not afraid to play. You never see him strolling back to help the defense or join an attack. Another thing is that he has a decent long pass on him.
I don't think it should have been a surprise Rangnick or ETH prefer him to Bissaka.
He is also 23. People forget he barely had any first team experience when we signed him.
Then he hardly got any after the morons in charge sanctioned £50m on another work in progress full back who also needed game time.

OmarUnited4ever

Aye, it tends to be forgotten how little senior football he actually played early in his career. Under 10 appearances for Porto, then his first two seasons here were blighted with injuries, especially the second season. I'm still quite hopeful he'll be good enough for us as a first-choice RB.
This is what basically stunted his early development, especially the long injuries he suffered, and because of that I lost hope in him and thought we should get a new RB.

But now, and in the last 3 games, I see some improvements, but he has to keep it up and improve much more, what's helping him now is being a part of back 4 that includes a resurgent Varane and a brilliant Martinez, with Malacia on the other side.

Foxbatt

He also has a very good long range shot. He should try to use it more profitably when shooting. It his defensive duties that is not very good especially on one to one where AWB is probably among the best.

TOKUGAWA-X

Dalot is not good enough for a top, CL team and thats our goal so he should be replaced in the next summer.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
He is decent, still young and maybe has a breakout season. But I feel his ceiling isn't the same as James, TAA, Hakimi, Cancelo and others. But, if he is consistent and does is job, then he is good, reliable player who can be trusted and until we don't have a higher potential/ability RB in team, he does the job.

I can see him as a backup for the elite RB and still getting some 20 games a season. So still decent amount of games.
If he carries on as he is, steadily improving, he'll reduce the priority of the RB position. This will allow us focus on CF, GK and playmaking CM next window. Eriksen is doing a great job as a CM but I suspect ETH will still go back for FDJ as that's who he really wants.
We could bring Laird back as back up and sell AWB.

Bestie07

He has been really good the past three games. Needs to maintain this level for a longer period to stake a claim for the position on a permanent basis. I'm hopeful though, as his progression has actually been quite steady ever since Rangnick made him a regular. Has two years on his contract too, so we can monitor his performances this year and then decide whether to extend his contract after the world cup.

Sgreddevil

He is in a similar situation as Mctominay. Unlikely to be the long term solution but they have the same attitude and fight which is what we have been lacking for the past years. Until we find a more capable alternative with same attitude, I won't mind having them contributing to the rebuild process.

Polar

Considering he is a right back, I am going to take that as you not having a clue what you are talking about.
You could’ve written: “I suppose you mean RB?” and “I don’t agree” and [justification], but that is probably to much to expect from a trigger happy person:lol:

liman

He was always a much better player than AWB at everything football related bar jumping on the ground. If he was English there would be queues apon queues lined up to lick the back of his balls.
Dalot is better than AWB at both attacking and defending, i think many people mistook doing sliding tackle = good defending, the more slide tackle the better. But it's not, good defending is about positioning and space awareness , not about how many times you slide tackle in the game. AWB is suspect in positioning and also very weak in the air .The only thing he is doing was giving throw in to the opposition side and the only tactic he would suit in is parking the bus. Dalot has bags of potential,good attitude and hard worker. Mourinho talent ID was rarely wrong throughout his career, he was right when he said United has a right back for the next 10 years , he will only get better going forward.

Man Utd 3:1 Arsenal

Chief123

Absolutely fecking brilliant again!!! His defending has improved so much. Dealt with so many one v ones against Martinelli like a boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.