Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Cat

What a well balanced team does is cover each others faults and heightens the positives.

The center backs are very commanding and can take charge, meaning De Gea doesn't have to worry about something he isn't comfortable with. Maritnez is a rough forceful defender, and that suits Varane. Malacias desire, determination and tenacity helps the others fight on. Balance and support helps Dalot. Varanes height helps Martinez.

All of these guys combine to cover each others faults and to really work well together.
Don't get it twisted de Gea is still fecking wank

largelyworried

After the disallowed goal when Martinelli got the better of him you did worry how the game was going to pan out, but after that he was pretty much on top of everything that came his way. He was even unlucky with the goal, he tracked Jesus' run really well and got in a good tackle. If Malacia had tracked his man to clear the loose ball, we'd have been raving about his defending there.

I honestly never saw much in Dalot that made me thing he'd be top level, particularly in his defending. But he's really got the bit between his teeth at the moment. Keep this up and we'll be looking for a backup right back not a first choice right back next summer.

Revan

Assumptionman
He suffered from serious injury problems when he first came. Then, he was seen as Mourinho’s pet player and so was not really trusted by post-Mourinho managers.

he seems to have really benefitted from extended run of games during loan seasons at AC Milan. I think we have generally done him a disservice. Now under ETH, he is being trusted and so he is keen to rest the trust
He wasn’t trusted by Ole. However, Rangnick liked him, and he played 30 matches last season (24 in the league). I think all of them might have come under Rangnick.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
His competitor is non - footballer ,he start regardless any dip of form. This guy is arguably our most talented RB for the last 30 years or something.

Because awb was Ole's signings, there are people desperately wanted to see him succeed, ignoring all his blatant limitations as footballer and keep talking about how good his slide tackle is , even though that skill set is only good for outdated, finished, dinosaur type of football aka parking the bus. Meanwhile Dalot was Mourinho's signing , these same people already wrote Dalot off within months for reason like "he must have been shite because ole didn't use him" ignoring the fact that his skillset and attributes ( comfortable with both feet , pacy , strong in the air , technically gifted ) suit modern football the most , thing they used to mock Mourinho with. If he was Ole signing's or played for another club, majority of our fanbase would have hyped him up to the moon with the immense potential he has. All these mental gymnastics proven to be pointless. I remember Ricky from United stand fan channel said "Wan Bissaka , when he has the ball ,he is like a fish riding a bike" "Dalot is like Paolo Maldini compared to Awb" "when we have a new manager , Harry Maguire, wan bissaka , will not be in this team" about 2-3 years ago, how accurate was that eh ?
What do you base that on? I personally want all of our signings to succeed and couldn't care less about how signed them.
Bizarre agenda posting.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Remember when Mourinho said he was the most talented RB of his generation. Time is still on his side.

SoCross

I like Dalot a lot but he still needs to make some improvement to be considered an automatic undisputed choice and for us to not consider not bringing in an upgrade. As it stands, RB is still an “area for development” alongside GK, CF and more midfield depth.

But so chuffed to see him do well this season.

liman

I like Dalot a lot but he still needs to make some improvement to be considered an automatic undisputed choice and for us to not consider not bringing in an upgrade. As it stands, RB is still an “area for development” alongside GK, CF and more midfield depth.

But so chuffed to see him do well this season.
Of course he will have to improve, but we will have a hard time finding someone around his age that are better , probably will have to chuck out around 50m to get another rb with similar qualities
What do you base that on? I personally want all of our signings to succeed and couldn't care less about how signed them.
Bizarre agenda posting.
Speak for yourself, we have thread like this still open full of people who wanted Dalot to fail and AWB to be re-installed back as main RB https://www.redcafe.net/threads/what-is-diogo-dalot-good-at.472114/page-6
Close it to prove that you really want all our players to succeed.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Of course he will have to improve, but we will have a hard time finding someone around his age that are better , probably will have to chuck out around 50m to get another rb with similar qualities

Speak for yourself, we have thread like this still open full of people who wanted Dalot to fail and AWB to be re-installed back as main RB https://www.redcafe.net/threads/what-is-diogo-dalot-good-at.472114/page-6
Close it to prove that you really want all our players to succeed.
Don't think many are clamouring for AWB to return, he's routinely derided by many on here, not that Dalot isn't.

I can't just close threads I disagree with or dislike though, it's not North Korea.

bringbackbebe

Dalot's contract expires next year according to transfer market. Any signs of an extension being tabled?

jeepers

ETH already knew months ago. If anyone remembers when the other players were seeking assurances Dalot was the name ETH reportedly wanted to work with. His competition was also the one person told to leave. ETH already knew he would elevate him but I never imagined it would be this much.
I remember this, but I brushed it off as bullshit thinking who the feck would look forward to working with Dalot of all the players in the squad, even though I rated him higher than AwB. I’m pleased for the guy and I hope he remains consistent and fit. Enjoyed his tackling and aggressiveness against Diaz in the Pool game. Made Diaz his bitch.

Olecurls99

I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing a player improve as quickly and dramatically as Dalot, when comparing his performances over the last few games to how he'd been last season and the first couple of games of this season.

Prior to these last few games, in recent months he'd for most part barely looked a footballer worthy of the top division of English football. He couldn't get near opposition attackers and was limited on the ball. Suddenly he looks rapid, is blocking most of the crosses he should, and is playing with confidence and flair.

A new RB seemed essential in the summer, but for the first time in a few seasons he seems near to the kind of player that persuaded Mourinho to sign him, before injuries and the poor structure at Utd in large part derailed his development.
Nah he was good last year too. People didn't see it because of the mess we were in

CSMUFC90

Quickly becoming one of my favourite players, has everything to become a top right back for years to come, feels like a new signing this season. Also listening to him in the real soceidad press conference he speaks very well and his English is immaculate.

studs

He is confident in himself and knows what he has to do for the team and manager. I have to laugh at that other thread about him, some poster said he was passive and meek, he must of thought he was in AWB's thread.

Yik

I've watched him at OT quite a few times now. Much improved from last season but I notice he occasionally loses track of the ball when its in the air/played behind him. Almost like he literally doesn't know where the ball is. I dunno if it just lapses of concentration but he deffo needs to cut that out of his game. Been immense otherwise though this season.

Man Utd 0:1 Real Sociedad

Telsim

Did he leave so little impression he was forgotten about? :lol: Think he was average for the duration.

Red00012

If ETH was only giving him 45 mins maybe the 2nd half would have been a better decision

Based Adnan

He was good. Lovely cross for the disallowed goal and a brilliant pass to put Ronaldo through (albeit offisde).

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He was good I thought. He’s playing with a lot more maturity. Has earnt the trust of his teammates too. His passing has also improved massively. Lovely to see a player that was roundly written off proving his critics wrong.

nav_10

Not sure if I am the only one who felt this way but, his substitution seemed to affect the game in a significant way. Lindelof was getting dribbled past way too easily, and Sociedad seemed to have most of their joy down the left.
I thought Dalot had shut his side down quite solidly in the first half and put in a brilliant cross for the offside goal.
Think he's got all the tools to push on, and think he's been very good so far this season bar the first couple of games.

Reactions: oates

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not sure if I am the only one who felt this way but, his substitution seemed to affect the game in a significant way. Lindelof was getting dribbled past way too easily, and Sociedad seemed to have most of their joy down the left.
I thought Dalot had shut his side down quite solidly in the first half and put in a brilliant cross for the offside goal.
Think he's got all the tools to push on, and think he's been very good so far this season bar the first couple of games.
His substitution did affect the game and the reason we even conceded that nonsensical penalty.

Lindelolf got cooked by Kubo which led to all the BS after.

jesperjaap

Like a few ETH seems to have worked wonders. Brentford/Brighton he was absolutely diabolical....He seems to have a confidence and belief, his whle body language looks totally different.

He needs to progress and keep his form though, as most of his time here he has been poor, I have certainyl slated him and had no faith in him making it here, thought it was a huge mistake not replacing him.......But lets not get carried away, what have we had six league games, two of which he was diabloical in one average performance and three really good ones. I thought he was average again against Socidedad, were some errors in his play....still was better than most though.....But he needs to get to 7/8 out of 10 performances at 7/8 out of 10 games to be a top full back here, something pretty much all of our full backs have failed to do for the last decade....50% of the games isnt enough, its early in the season and the progress he has made has been good, but he has still a long way to go to convince me personally.

May have been a few changes in the side against Sociedad but I think some are getting carried away with some of our performances both individually and as a team from three great results, two of which were against top sides we are set up to play against on the break with our pace, have been a few performances liek that over the last 3/4 years just as there have been many where we have failed to break down sides sitting behind the ball as we did against Sociedad, for me the top four is still a big ask this season

Stacks

His competitor is non - footballer ,he start regardless any dip of form. This guy is arguably our most talented RB for the last 30 years or something.

Because awb was Ole's signings, there are people desperately wanted to see him succeed, ignoring all his blatant limitations as footballer and keep talking about how good his slide tackle is , even though that skill set is only good for outdated, finished, dinosaur type of football aka parking the bus. Meanwhile Dalot was Mourinho's signing , these same people already wrote Dalot off within months for reason like "he must have been shite because ole didn't use him" ignoring the fact that his skillset and attributes ( comfortable with both feet , pacy , strong in the air , technically gifted ) suit modern football the most , thing they used to mock Mourinho with. If he was Ole signing's or played for another club, majority of our fanbase would have hyped him up to the moon with the immense potential he has. All these mental gymnastics proven to be pointless. I remember Ricky from United stand fan channel said "Wan Bissaka , when he has the ball ,he is like a fish riding a bike" "Dalot is like Paolo Maldini compared to Awb" "when we have a new manager , Harry Maguire, wan bissaka , will not be in this team" about 2-3 years ago, how accurate was that eh ?
Gary Neville, Rafael, Fabio?

Foxbatt

A settled defence of Varane and Martinez certainly helped him. He is going to get beaten too but he is a good footballer and he does not have much experience in playing in the top level.

Sheriff Tiraspol 0:2 Man Utd

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's just a very good right back these days isn't he?

Excellent in the air, very good movement, good at progressing play either with carrying the ball or passing it, has a good understanding with Varane defensively, and plays at a good intensity. Good to see him making that step up! Let's not forget he was really highly rated when we took him from Porto, but he stalled a bit with Ole ignoring him.

NZT-One

He's just a very good right back these days isn't he?

Excellent in the air, very good movement, good at progressing play either with carrying the ball or passing it, has a good understanding with Varane defensively, and plays at a good intensity. Good to see him making that step up! Let's not forget he was really highly rated when we took him from Porto, but he stalled a bit with Ole ignoring him.
I don't see why so many are celebrating him. Again, he has been alright, but both out fullbacks have been dire today. Very conservative (might be asked to do that by the manager) but nothing special at all. I agree, that is better than what he delivered last year but still far away from a great player. He isn't a energetic motor like Evra, nor an astute passer like Cancelo. His base level has increased, don't want to take it away from him. RB isn't a huge issue these days, probably also something I'd be putting in his favour.

To put it into context, I didn't think, that anybody appeared to be "very good" in my eyes today. It was a professional performance. A great result. It is something to built from. But calling players very good always indicates (to me at least), that somebody is already there. And look where that brought Shaw...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't see why so many are celebrating him. Again, he has been alright, but both out fullbacks have been dire today. Very conservative (might be asked to do that by the manager) but nothing special at all. I agree, that is better than what he delivered last year but still far away from a great player. He isn't a energetic motor like Evra, nor an astute passer like Cancelo. His base level has increased, don't want to take it away from him. RB isn't a huge issue these days, probably also something I'd be putting in his favour.

To put it into context, I didn't think, that anybody appeared to be "very good" in my eyes today. It was a professional performance. A great result. It is something to built from. But calling players very good always indicates (to me at least), that somebody is already there. And look where that brought Shaw...
Both fullbacks were dire? Ffs. Malacia was my MotM and didn't put a foot wrong and Dalot as well has been very good all season while being as impressive as he could be last season given the state of the club. There's a lot of good qualities to work with to become a very good all round right back.

NZT-One

Both fullbacks were dire? Ffs. Malacia was my MotM and didn't put a foot wrong and Dalot as well has been very good all season while being as impressive as he could be last season given the state of the club. There's a lot of good qualities to work with to become a very good all round right back.
Yeah I've seen your praise in other threads. I don't want to imply that you are wrong (if that is even possible with opinions) I just don't see it. Malacia did put a foot wrong in the first half when he was overrun at least one or two times. Doesn't mean he is bad or something. Same with Dalot. Again, I understand that he looks better than AWB did for us. But when compared to elite fullbacks, the rift is huge. Again, not a dig at Dalot, he is young. But at some point, I expect him to show something exceptional. What is it, what you are seeing in terms of qualities? To me it looks like he is becoming the McTominay of RB. A player who tries to avoid making any mistakes ending up with numb performances where you can't remember anything of note.

His best action today was getting a pen. Lets face it, in no world would he have been able to control that ball, going down drawing the pen was all he could hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.