Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcking

Him and Sancho link up very well down the right.
Yeah he's always looked like a fullback that you would want playing with a proper winger he would be combining with, rather than running the flank on his own. If Sancho who is pretty much a combination kind of player himself stays on the right wing, I could see both combining well to have a very good season.

Teja

His progressive passing is his strong suit. Can't say much else about him.

Ekeke

Our right backs never get any credit here, but that was great play for the cross for Martial's goal

Drainy

I've always said he's a bit of an enigma.

He's got all the makings of a good fullback but never put it all together.

Hopefully we've seen him turn a corner and it's not just preseason against low quality opposition

Robbie Boy

I've always said he's a bit of an enigma.

He's got all the makings of a good fullback but never put it all together.

Hopefully we've seen him turn a corner and it's not just preseason against low quality opposition
Pretty much.

Godfather

Shows really good understanding with Sancho on that right hand side. I like what I see from him during this pre-season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Said it ages ago, the talent and drive is there.
He has a fantastic attitude. Such a brave player. His desire to run up and down the wing is commendable.

DevTheRed

Been really impressed with him so far.. his passing is a lot better than I thought it was.

Sylar

Was it right he only had like five games or something before he signed for us? Clearly a competent coach is helping him with his positioning, and some of the basics with regards to overlapping and helping Sancho.

Great assist with his left foot.

Godfather

One of the many winners we are having during this pre-season. Again a very good performance!

Remember the geese

He's been very impressive in pre season. He's come a long way from the guy who we were trying to bomb out the door a couple of years ago. Not getting too carried away, but positive signs.

Trophy Room

He’s been more than decent. I think what he needs to focus on is consistency - 7/10 performances every game. This is a lot harder to achieve than it may seem.

Trex

I said it before people lump him with AWB they want footballers who can do everything 100%, systems bring out the best in individuals. Even AWB would look good in a system that plays to his strength.
Its the same for a player like Arnold at Liverpool, if Arnold had played under our previous managers he'll be crucified for his defending and would loose all confidence looking a shadow of the player we see a Liverpool.

Ace of Spades

Credit where it is due, he has looked very good.

No surprise that he looks a much better player in a possession based, front foot pressing team. We are playing to his strengths so he looks good.

The White Pele

He’s making strides. I think we need to freshen up our RB options but it is AWB that should be sold in my view.

theatreofdreams777

Jose had said that he was the best young full back in the Europe when we signed him, right? We almost lost him to Milan only to be left with AWB too.

The ones who said Wan Bissaka is better than him are the same ones who said Maguire is better than Bailly probably.

Last edited:

He's miles ahead of AWB now. He's becoming a Gary Neville, slightly limited talent but more than makes up for it with attitude.

studs

He has taking his chance very well. When you put the head down and work hard you reap the rewards. I'd like to thank Micheal Carrick for given him that chance. He is a good football player and I hope he can keep up this form for the coming season so that he can make that right back position his.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Still bad at defending but getting better going forward. We need a new RB next summer. Ideally this summer but we don’t have the funds.

marktan

He is one reason why a real DM would help us a lot - Dalot's best attributes are his attacking ones, a DM would let him push forward more often. The way City's fullbacks do, or the way Fabinho covers for Trent.

LInkash

Has been good but will be interesting to see him tested against top class opposition. Got destroyed by Danjuma and Salah last season.

ti vu

Early days (in EtH reign) but he seems to have visibly improvement in many aspects. Not holding my breath, but I hope he keeps up this trajectory. We really need a competent RB.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Dalot is hugely benefitting from having a clearer role and clearer instructions. He's obviously one of those players who needs to be programmed: When left to think for himself and react for himself he's not very good. However, you can see how much more assured he is being slotted into an obvious system. He knows where the #8 is going to be, he knows where the right winger will be. That's making the game much easier for him in offensive and defensive phases and he's putting in better performances as a result. He's not exactly Cafu but he's competent. Starting to remind me a little of John O'Shea at right back.

Tavern in the town

He is one reason why a real DM would help us a lot - Dalot's best attributes are his attacking ones, a DM would let him push forward more often. The way City's fullbacks do, or the way Fabinho covers for Trent.
Don’t think Liverpool play like that at all. It’s usually the RCM covering Trent.

redcucumber

So many people were shitting on Dalot in favour of AWB before the start of preseason. Lot of humble pie being eaten at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.