Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
I hate post like this.We lost one player to them in the last 30 y ffs. And we also bought some good players from them. Case, Varane, Di Maria ( right player but the wrong time).
And I am glad for Dalot. He was good for Milan, thank God we didn't sell him.
We lost three players that we wanted to sell, to be fair. I actually made a thread about this many years ago

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/were-we-happy-to-sell-beckham-and-van-nistelrooy-to-madrid.409016/

Quite clearly from Fergie's book, RvN asked to leave, and Bechkam flirted with Madrid too (though Beckham's situation is a bit more complex).

We were also a fax non malfunctioning away from selling them De Gea.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbf to ole, Dalot wasn’t that good anyway. I remember those never ending pointless crosses
He was 20 and was basically discarded by the manager for some strange reason, never got the chance to even rotate.

bosnian_red

Dalot to me is one of the strangest cases of so many people on here completely writing him off for no reason. He's a 23 year old full back right now. People were treating him like he had 0 potential or should've been a top player already, even though he never really got the chances before. He's followed a very standard full back improvement trajectory, despite being ignored by the previous manager, and in a struggling team.

led_scholes

Is this the only time that Ed's policy of not selling at a high price benefited us?

mu4c_20le

He was 20 and was basically discarded by the manager for some strange reason, never got the chance to even rotate.
He wasn't physically developed. A common complaint was that he was equally useless going forward as he was defending, hence the thread what is he good at. He did have a decent cross on him however, and pace, and Ole even tried putting him on the right wing.

Nick7

He was absolutely useless every time he played to be fair. Like shockingly bad at times. He's gotten a lot LOT better in the last year.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He was absolutely useless every time he played to be fair. Like shockingly bad at times. He's gotten a lot LOT better in the last year.
Aye, I'm all for admitting he looks good now, but I'm also not going to pretend I didn't think he looked objectively shit for the many years prior.

bosnian_red

He was a 20 year old fullback. He wasn't shocking, he was just young and raw but had talent and attributes that you could develop. Do you write off a u21 player because they aren't currently at PL level? That's just crazy to me and I never understood the Dalot hate. People assumed he should be PL ready when we bought him before he even played regularly in Porto's first team. We bought him from their youth team essentially.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
In this WC, he's played even better than Cancelo. Defensively better, with equal on passing and attack.

What a turnaround.

Mas Risky

Tbf to ole, Dalot wasn’t that good anyway. I remember those never ending pointless crosses
To be honest, I don't remember. Is there a specific match you'd recommend to see him did that?

Last edited:

DrogaPortoroz

We lost three players that we wanted to sell, to be fair. I actually made a thread about this many years ago

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/were-we-happy-to-sell-beckham-and-van-nistelrooy-to-madrid.409016/

Quite clearly from Fergie's book, RvN asked to leave, and Bechkam flirted with Madrid too (though Beckham's situation is a bit more complex).

We were also a fax non malfunctioning away from selling them De Gea.
That was my point. Fergie wanted to get rid of them. Ad Heinze there too.
Only player we "lost" it was CR.
IMHO I think that we have good relatioship with every team, and other clubs respect us too.

Ekeke

He was hopeless in that game. Final ball needs serious serious work.
I think you're reaching a bit in a game where Bruno Fernandes, Joao Felix, Bernardo Silva, Ruben Neves, Guerrero and Cancelo couldnt find a good ball into the box to pick out your right back for it.

Had a good tournament

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think you're reaching a bit in a game where Bruno Fernandes, Joao Felix, Bernardo Silva, Ruben Neves, Guerrero and Cancelo couldnt find a good ball into the box to pick out your right back for it.

Had a good tournament
Yeah, difficult to really blame him when much better players than him who have good end product couldn't put a decent cross or pass for their forwards the entire game.

Conor

His ability to violently overhit a cross is hilarious, you would think at this point he'd be underhitting them in an attempt to stop doing it, but nope.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Had a good tournament
I'm a big fan of his mate. Just had a really poor game as did most of his teammates

sillwuka

His crossing weakness was glaringly obvious today, they had to replace him due to that.

Big fan of Diogo and his improvements but he needs to show more an improvement in his crossing.

Ekeke

Yeah, difficult to really blame him when much better players than him who have good end product couldn't put a decent cross or pass for their forwards the entire game.
Yeah based on this game I'd say Bernardo Silva is a championship midfielder. He's not, at times he's looked a top top player. But today he couldnt and didnt really try to create anything he just passed sideways and didnt inspire his team going forward at all. So while Dalot could have put in a few good balls and didnt today, I think he was one of the least guilty players in the Portugal team. He might well have been the best of their backline and better than most of their attackers today. He should be getting credit, rather than talked down

Nickelodeon

Any update on his injury? Similar to Bruno, he's usually not rotated too much as we hardly have any cover. If he's out for even 3-4 weeks, we'd be fecked.

Boondog

The list of RB who are better than Diogo Dalot is very short. His defense is excellent and he is willing and capable of pushing in the build. Not having a great game in Portugal's exit does not bother me at all. He is a top quality player.

Devil81

He's back at Carrington earlier than than expected.
They went out last week, I don't think they are back early.

A lot is being made of players needing a rest after the world cup but the reality is some of these players have played five games, others less. Majority are first choice players for their club sides, so the lads that have played maybe 3 games have actually played less football than they would if the league continued as usual and the world cup never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.