Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

L1nk

Maybe he's not the greatest RB ever... but I find it hard not to love how much he loves playing for the club, he's backed himself and right or wrong ETH see's something in him especially over AWB. Would be more than happy to have him as the backup RB for the forseeable if we can get an upgrade which I think we need. However, if ETH can pull these kinds of performances out of him on the regular and who knows, he just might yet, then I'd be happy to see him stay for a long time

poleglass red

Not a fan at all, but credit to him last night he did well. I think his bigger test will come v the likes of Southampton where he's expected to get forward more. Last night he was very secure in defence with not much in attack, which is usually the other way around for him, but fair play to him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His arial ability is vital for us especially with our recently shrunken backline. He heads a lot of crosses away to his credit.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm still not sure on him but he was very good last night.

Southampton 0:1 Man Utd

BerryBerryShrew

Did some stuff well today (particularly the assist) but feck me his tackles have about as much conviction as if he were throwing tissue paper against the ball. Would prefer to see AWB at right back and I'm no fan of AWB.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Probably my MOTM today, lost his head after getting the assist for a bit but he's showing the best form I've ever seen from him over these past 2 games

Nick7

He’s better much better the last couple of games but he’s just very slow, and I don’t mean his running speed. Mentally, he just seems a second behind opposition attackers. He doesn’t read the game very well and ends up having to react to everything rather than be proactive.

GoldanoGraham

Id agree - last 2 games best he’s played for a very long time - just needs to keep focus for the whole game

Mmm-Qatarian

Having slated him a few weeks ago I think Dalot has had two excellent performances. I rated him man of the match today.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
in his best form atm.

just needs to work on getting those crosses more accurate like for the goal. he’s shown he can deliver good quality

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I've been impressed with him defensively actually. Well done Diego!

Trequarista10

I hope he can keep this level of performance up, and even improve further. Him stepping up would save us the headache of needing to buy a new RB, plus a ton of money.

Seems crazy he's still only 23. Two years younger than the "young" Southampton right back linked with a move to a big team.

SAFMUTD

MOTM for me, another solid performance. I hope Ten Hag can turn him into a solid RB.

Telsim

I did say he just needs a proper coach and some game time. He has a long way to go, but is improving a lot, and is still fairly young.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah probably MotM for me today. Back to back games with that back 4 and they've all looked class for me. He's not getting the recognition that the other 3 are but he deserves credit.

Also - notable difference next to Varane compared to next to Maguire. You can't not say it.

Idxomer

He was great, offered more than Malacia in both defense and attack.

Kag

His footballing IQ is hilariously low, which is annoying because he’s more or less got everything you’d want in a modern full back. He’s tall, he’s strong and he’s got a strong technical base to work from in possession. Unfortunately, he’s just a bit of a donut.

Good work for the goal, though.

-Supreme-

Defended well 1v1, he’s been a changed man defensively so far this season.

DevilRed

Still getting targeted at RB by the opposition, but much improved. He at the very least offers a decent cross when we attack.

But still not entirely convinced by his defending. Especially 1 v 1.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
A mixed bag tonight but he still popped up with a game-winning assist & a brilliant clearance. I'm silently hoping for a Walker-esque transformation (he became so much smarter at City compared to his time at Spurs) under ten Hag although it's hardly realistic.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
His footballing IQ is hilariously low, which is annoying because he’s more or less got everything you’d want in a modern full back. He’s tall, he’s strong and he’s got a strong technical base to work from in possession. Unfortunately, he’s just a bit of a donut.

Good work for the goal, though.
Yep completely agreed, shame his brain is really limited and he takes also too much time on the ball, but if he was more clever he would already have known that and would act quicker, it's like if he's always surprised players close him down so quickly.

Then comes his crossing which is really annyoing too, not sure if he meant that cutback all the way to bruno or it was supposed to go to the first player in front of him arriving, anyway he should work on the cutbacks more because if he wants to play it over the top it's just a waste of attack, not only he can get the pacing right but our attackers are simply not equipped to get onto the end of the balls like that..

izec

He is decent, not a world beater. He has some potential that you can work with. Ideally, we would have someone to challenge and mix up. He makes some stupid mistakes on and off the ball, but still offers something most of the time during the game.

There are still some who think AWB is better and should play :lol: AWB is just atrocious. It is not even a discussion anymore. Like Harry and Victor as CBs, just not good enough.

edgecutter

He was very good today and provided a great assist. Hopefully he can keep kicking on

Irwin99

I didn't see the game but speaking as someone who's been critical of him in the past it's nice to hear he did well again today after what I thought was his best performance in a United shirt against Liverpool. Please keep it up.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Still getting targeted at RB by the opposition, but much improved. He at the very least offers a decent cross when we attack.

But still not entirely convinced by his defending. Especially 1 v 1.
Yeah, but he wasn't helped by his teammates defensively either. Elanga nor Mctominay were anyhwerw near close to double their wingers when they were one on one with him.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
He was really good again today. Only criticism was another daft yellow card leaving him walking in a tightrope for basically half the game, he needs to cut that out or he’ll cost us at some point.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Quiet thread for the Man of the Match.

He's improved his 1 on 1 defending.

Needs to further improve his crossing and defensive positioning.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He was really good again today. Only criticism was another daft yellow card leaving him walking in a tightrope for basically half the game, he needs to cut that out or he’ll cost us at some point.
Nah, Elanga sold him short and the foul was smart as it was 2 on 1. We’re guilty of not giving away enough cheap fouls and being too nice most of the time.

studs

He improving that's the main thing and if he keeps improving this way it will be a lot better for the team overall because he is a much better team player than some of his team mates.

kundalini

Good cross for his assist. Also for Bruno's header at the start of the sequence of 4 big chances that were blocked or saved. Defended reasonably well, most of the time. Gave the ball away carelessly at least twice.

Last edited:

Alemar

Dalot is demonstrating right trajectory of his development. Becoming more reliable in defence while being decent going forward.

Malone_Post

Thought he was really good today. He seems to be getting better one on defensively too. He’s not perfect by any means, but he’s very likeable. He always puts in a shift & you can tell it means everything to him to be playing for United. His passion & enthusiasm is contagious.

Compare that with the absolute footballing & charismatic void that is AWB who just casually walks round the pitch doing his absolute best to avoid the ball at all costs and it’s night and day. How anyone can want him in the team over Dalot is mind boggling.

Reiver

Thought he had a decent game. Surprised he didn't go forward more often, don't know if that was down to our lack of control of the game or instructions.
EtH may well want another RB but I think Dalot is doing enough to be the challenger/backup.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Quite good game, but Armstrong went past him too easily at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.