Diogo Dalot Loan watch - Milan 2020-21

United58

There used to be a brilliant video on Youtube (now taken down) called "Bebe crossing show" with highlights of Bebe trying desperately to find his man on the pitch rather than the stretford end. It was set to "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" by U2 and managed to elevate the whole spectacle to something between high camp and tragic drama.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wazza4Gaffa

We have some decent full back options finally and they are all pretty young. I would love us to do this next season:

RB
1st option - Aaron Wan-Bissaka
2nd option/sell - Diogo Dalot (Play against weaker sides that require more attacking from our full backs or sell if a considerable bid comes in £40m+)
2nd option/loan - Brandon Williams (Loan to a PL club preferably if not a top Championship club as at his age he needs to be playing week in week out)
Loan - Ethan Laird (Injuries have stalled his development and its imperative at his age that he gets first team football at L1/Champ if possible)

LB
1st option - Alex Telles
2nd option - Luke Shaw
Loan - Alvaro Fernandez (Has had a bright start at the club, if his development goes great perhaps a loan to Holland/Spain may be ideal)
Loan - Reece Devine (He will be at the age where he needs to get football at a good level to spring his career L2/L1 if possible)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We have some decent full back options finally and they are all pretty young. I would love us to do this next season:

RB
1st option - Aaron Wan-Bissaka
2nd option/sell - Diogo Dalot (Play against weaker sides that require more attacking from our full backs or sell if a considerable bid comes in £40m+)
2nd option/loan - Brandon Williams (Loan to a PL club preferably if not a top Championship club as at his age he needs to be playing week in week out)
Loan - Ethan Laird (Injuries have stalled his development and its imperative at his age that he gets first team football at L1/Champ if possible)

LB
1st option - Alex Telles
2nd option - Luke Shaw
Loan - Alvaro Fernandez (Has had a bright start at the club, if his development goes great perhaps a loan to Holland/Spain may be ideal)
Loan - Reece Devine (He will be at the age where he needs to get football at a good level to spring his career L2/L1 if possible)
We're not gonna loan or sell all our U23 full backs.

Bwuk

He’s a good player he’s just never been afforded a long run at United.

Just seen his assist. Brilliant.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fantastic to see hope he keeps it up and makes his parents proud who follow him everywhere and have invested so much time and effort to make him realise his dream.

Red_toad

He’s a good player he’s just never been afforded a long run at United.
Difficult being afforded anything if you can’t stay fit and look very ordinary when you do get a chance. But loan is the ideal situation for him, he’ll get games and hopefully develop, then see what’s what next summer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Difficult being afforded anything if you can’t stay fit and look very ordinary when you do get a chance. But loan is the ideal situation for him, he’ll get games and hopefully develop, then see what’s what next summer.
Yeah no kidding.

Tiber

Glad to see him doing well, he was hard done by at United imo

NYAS

@GifLord Got the goal? Earlier tweet in here was removed due to copyright infringement.

Wazza4Gaffa

Financially yeah it may end up making more sense than the Premier League does. They could even play matches at times that better suits an American and Asian audience. In terms of getting excited to play European teams every season which was your point, its obvious to see why people wouldnt get the same entertainment value knowing we'd be playing the same teams every single season no matter how anyone performs. It wouldn't be the same for many of us, I couldn't see myself sticking with football if we weren't playing in the English league, which would be a shame.
We're not gonna loan or sell all our U23 full backs.
I'd rather they do than waste time in their 20s at u23 level especially if they have aspirations of making it at a high level but good thing by this time next year we will have the following to potentially step up:

RB
Harvey Neville (19)
Iestyn Hughes (18)

LB
Logan Pye (18)
Owen Dodgson (18)
+ Potential signings

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why does he look more athletic there?

I feel like Italians are a lot stricter and better at fitness.

El Zoido

I always thought he looked really promising for us, though never had any great performances. Sometimes certain players aren’t right for certain clubs, or certain leagues even. It’s no big deal, maybe we just weren’t right for each other. Best of luck to the guy tbh. I doubt he’ll play for us again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How much fitter and more athletic do you think he could get in two weeks?
I dunno they have some pretty special pasta out there that's all i'm saying.

I don't remember him ever making speedy runs like that in behind!

Red_toad

He's playing in a league, where Ashley Young and Chris Smalling are stand out performers ;). Just to give you some context

3KDré

He recorded the highest top speed in the squad in his first season I think. He can be quick when he gets going.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Think he's a much better footballer than AWB but he's a also much inferior defender.

So it totally depends on how you set up and want to play the game. Over a full season Dalot would offer us more against the weaker and less attacking sides and AWB more against the better ones and more progressive ones.

AsonUnique

He was never getting passes like that here, we required much more defensive responsibility.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
He's playing in a league, where Ashley Young and Chris Smalling are stand out performers ;). Just to give you some context
He's yet to appear in a domestic Italian match.
All his minutes so far is in Europa League.
Just to give you some accurate context ;).

Faetheshire86

Very good, keep it up! It's win win for us. Option on a player, or better price when selling.

I've never particularly rated him, but he's never really been given a chance and I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

TheRedHearted

When i saw Milan was hoping it was Inter. Think Conte would do a good job with him but this seems to be working so far as well. I like him and let’s hope he keeps going. Always wanted to see him at RW

Marcus

Very happy for him and us. If he does well and wants to come back that would be great. If there is no space in the squad he can still fetch a good fee.

SteveW

Terrible defender but should do better in a weaker league where he won't be as exposed.

Has enough moments of quality going forward that we may actually be able to get a decent fee for him when we sell him. A goal and a sublime assist certainly won't hurt.

Red_toad

He's yet to appear in a domestic Italian match.
All his minutes so far is in Europa League.
Just to give you some accurate context ;).
Ah well still playing in a squad with a 39 year old striker who's currently the top scorer in the league. Can't think of many places that would happen bar the minor leagues . Come to think of it looking at the top scorers in the league it's like a retirement village for strikers :p

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ah well still playing in a squad with a 39 year old striker who's currently the top scorer in the league. Can't think of many places that would happen bar the minor leagues . Come to think of it looking at the top scorers in the league it's like a retirement village for strikers :p
To be fair this old retiring striker was also the top scorer of our club at the age of 35-36 back in few seasons ago (scored 28 goals in a season, more than any of our current front 3 ever achieved)