Diogo Dalot Loan watch - Milan 2020-21

zizou81

He gives us something different than AWB, which is important for squad depth and tactical diversity.

He is still relatively young and hopefully comes back with more technical ability and consistency.

Sorta like when we had Neville and Rafael. Keep them both as we need them.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He gives us something different than AWB, which is important for squad depth and tactical diversity.

He is still relatively young and hopefully comes back with more technical ability and consistency.

Sorta like when we had Neville and Rafael. Keep them both as we need them.
And what do we do with Laird and Williams? Send them out on loan too and bring back a player who is palpably not good enough for a top PL side?

sillwuka

That's a naughty assist.

Admittedly i've never rated Dalot that highly but i do hope he kicks on in Italy. If he plays well this season he won't be happy being a back up to AWB so at least we will command a half decent fee for him.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
To be fair this old retiring striker was also the top scorer of our club at the age of 35-36 back in few seasons ago (scored 28 goals in a season, more than any of our current front 3 ever achieved)
People look at leagues instead of teams, tactics and coaches.

Salah flopped in Chelsea, but had very good spells at Montella's Fiorentina and Spalletti's Roma.
EPL fans downplayed it as "it's just Serie A, he's an EPL reject".
But then he went on to do much better in Liverpool than he ever did in Italy.

Roma has a very attack-minded team. Their attackers can create chances on their own. The CBs are expected to clean up after their attackers. This is why Smalling is excelling. He may not be a great passer, but he's strong defensively, don't you agree?

Zlatan is Zlatan.

As for Young, Conte is known for bringing an end product out of workhorses. Giaccherini and Eder for Italy, Moses and Alonso for Chelsea, Simone Pepe and Matri for Juventus.

If Dalot had arrived in Milan a few years earlier he would've had a rough time. Our previous coaches prioritized defending skills from our fullbacks. The approach was very conservative. He would've looked out of place.
Pioli's Milan is nothing like the Milan of last decade. It's a young, talented, harmonic, enthusiastic squad that's scoring goals galore. He fits right in.
However there's stiff competition. Theo Hernandez at LB. A Calabria on the rise at RB. An overabundance of extremely talented wingers like Rebic, Leao and Diaz.
Dalot is yet to debut in Serie A.

Reactions: roonster09

GazTheLegend

Ah well still playing in a squad with a 39 year old striker who's currently the top scorer in the league. Can't think of many places that would happen bar the minor leagues . Come to think of it looking at the top scorers in the league it's like a retirement village for strikers :p
Is there any need to be so harsh. Remember that that same striker at 36 was smashing the Premier League too.

I have a soft spot for AC Milan they're a truly great club. I am glad to see he's getting game time and doing well there.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
I am glad to see he's getting game time and doing well there.
This is unfortunately not the case.
He's getting starts only in Europa League, where he's had one great game(Sparta Prague at home), one okayish effort(Lille away) and 3 horrendous performances(Lille home, Celtic away and home).

It also needs to be said that his only great performance is from his only performance as left-back. He was almost like an inverted winger in that game. A right-footed winger on the left flank.

I don't think he's the fullback we need, nor you. Honestly, I don't think he has great potential as winger either since there's nothing outstanding about him.
Maybe he could turn into a fine player some day, but he'll need to play every week. He's not good enough to get that at Milan, and clearly not in Man Utd either.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
What happened to that story about him being sent back after a bad performance?
He has been terrible as Calabria's substitute at right-back but today he gave us what Theo Hernandez hasn't been giving us lately. A defensively solid display topped off by a great goal.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
How is his injury record this season?
He is one of only a few Milan players that haven't had massive injury problems this season.
It's hard to tell because normally he doesn't start, but he's called up almost every time.