Diogo Jota

Pav1878

He seems a dynamic player who can get goals and create chances. Good signing for Liverpool. I do recall him scoring against us a couple of times in losses to Wolves. Like Shaqiri we can expect his one good game of the year will be to score against United.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I didn’t realise he was only 23, thought he was in his late 20s. Another great signing at a decent fee - only around 30m if you factor in the player going the other way that they won’t miss.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
We all thought the same when they signed Mane and Salah but then they miraculously discovered both suffered from chronic asthma, and thus, could avail of performance-enhancing supplements.
This is very true. The brilliant thing is that only rival fans on football forums have cottoned onto it so Liverpool can keep doing it without fear of reprisals from the blinkered authorities. Win-win!

Sigma

Liverpool are only paying 4 million this year for Jota.

Leg-End

Liverpool are ace at getting these deals structured aren’t they.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s a decent player not better than anything they’ve got. Good depth.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Good depth signing for them. Nothing special. They needed an extra offensive signing.

Okey

Why can't/won't Dortmund accept such a structure for Sancho?? ? If it's split into a few years, it's not as crazy expensive as it sounds.

Ekeke

For anyone thinking he wont eventually make it starting for Liverpool, lets just remember Klopp's record with signing players from the premier league. Mane and Robertson didnt look like world beaters either, he's obviously identified qualities and potential that make Jota the right player to bring in.

Also this from the first page

I think he's one of those players who posters dont want to see succeed because he doesn't look flashy enough, but he's quite aggressive and determined so can easily improve a lot over time and prove a lot of people wrong. Those kinds of players are great to have in your squad

izec

He is a very good player. Saw him live once for Portugal where Cristiano, Bruno and Bernardo were on the pitch as well, and he impressed me. He is suited to them and Klopp could get him up another level or two. They are improving their squad depth quite a bit this summer to challenge on all fronts.

I don't know why some don't rate him, when he was often a pain in the ass when we played Wolves in the past

DeGea

Bloody hell, Liverpool have improved their depth. Jota is a good player. We are going to struggle this season if the owners don’t get their fingers out.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Two words, one name...Michael Edwards
I remember everyone was calling us cheap last summer because we're paying the Pepe fee in instalments.

Liverpool are so strapped for cash they can't afford to pay £20m for a transfer, so when they ask to pay in instalments it's suddenly genius.

cyberman

£45m for a player who is 23 and can play across the front line is a bargain considering other PL player prices.
.. For a player who scored 7 league goals last year? They now have 2 number 9s who don't score goals.

izec

.. For a player who scored 7 league goals last year? They now have 2 number 9s who don't score goals.
He is not really a number 9 though, that is Jimenez at Wolves. He is more flexible positionally and drifts around in games. He is a bit of an inside forward/second striker hybrid.

Mic

7 premier league goals + 9 europa league goals, seems quite good for a young winger. Should be miles easier at Liverpool since he'll have a more solid team to give him more opportunities and also a team that won't be constantly defending and hope to counter.

cyberman

He is not really a number 9 though, that is Jimenez at Wolves. He is more flexible positionally and drifts around in games. He is a bit of an inside forward/second striker hybrid.
But still.. 9 goals. If we turned down Werner for 50m and signed Jota there would be bedlum.
Its a weird signing imo. Ill probably look stupid and he syncs into an incredible attacking outlet but i really thought they would go for a goalscorer. They have Thiago who can play a ball through the middle now but its to central strikers who dont score
Funnily enough i think Ings would be a far better fit

starman

Always looked a dangerous player for Wolves, he reminds me of a right footed raw version of Salah pre Liverpool at Basel and in Italy. Hopefully he doesn't managed to develop into the same player as Salah has become.

Also watch them now sell Shaqiri for 30m+ now...

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Bloody hell, Liverpool have improved their depth. Jota is a good player. We are going to struggle this season if the owners don’t get their fingers out.
Interesting thing about this transfer is the fee. Good value, how much would he cost if was English, double?

Really don't see Utd struggling. Very good squad. What about bedding in existing players and developing Greenwood and other youth prospects? Don't get the obsession with transfers, paying big money for players rarely even works. Overpaying just wrecks the club in the long term. Don't have budget left and every club then just sees you as mugs and end up with Utd tax.

Rolaholic

Scouse bastards are primed and prep to repeat and collect no.20 :houllier:

Statue of Limitations

I am not too worried about this signing, certainly compared to Alcantara.

But, it is their ability to pay so little up front, yet getting the cash for outgoing players up front that is crazy.
They are paying approx. £11m this year to bring in Jota and Thaigo, why do we not do this??

They are also getting what £10m for a player I have never even heard of? Sorcery.

But like I said, Jota signing itself I feel is inconsequential.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I remember everyone was calling us cheap last summer because we're paying the Pepe fee in instalments.

Liverpool are so strapped for cash they can't afford to pay £20m for a transfer, so when they ask to pay in instalments it's suddenly genius.
Football fans worrying about the exact details of deals is hilarious. I get the interest in full fees (there is only so much money to go around), but installments and similar... I mean, this sort of thing happens all the time and usually we just don't hear anything about it. It's become popular now so journalists are talking about it, but if they don't, that does not mean there aren't installments or other details we're not privy to. Unless we're going full-financial ('never go full financial'?) and checking everyone's yearbooks for the actual full picture, this is all just silly talk.

Funny though!

Hammondo

Always looked a dangerous player for Wolves, he reminds me of a right footed raw version of Salah pre Liverpool at Basel and in Italy. Hopefully he doesn't managed to develop into the same player as Salah has become.

Also watch them now sell Shaqiri for 30m+ now...
I think he's closer to mane.

Untd55

I feel he will be really good for them. People thought it was as inconsequential when they signed a lot of their players, but look how they turned out.

He will fit them like a glove, and he will add at least another 10 goals to them. Pretty good on top of the 85 they scored last season and allows them to give Salah, Mane, and Firmino a rest.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How the feck are we able to shell that out for Diogo Jota but couldn't pay a bit more for Werner.

Good player imo but not sure a back-up is worth £35m in these times.
Yeah very strange, why have Liverpool waited till now to spend?