Height: 187 m
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Contract expires: Jun 30, 2026

t​

Last edited:

AB_89

No love for this guy?

He's played a lot of football for Hull in the Championship this season having made the step up straight from League Two. Anyone know how his performances have been?

I check the team sheets most weeks to see which loan players are playing and think he has mainly been used in a back 3.

AB_89

So, now we have cleared that up.

Has anyone actually seen him play?

Marwood

So, now we have cleared that up.

Has anyone actually seen him play?
A fair bit in U23's and I liked him. Thought he looked more promising than Mengi.

Not seen him on loan though.

Mickson

No love for this guy?

He's played a lot of football for Hull in the Championship this season having made the step up straight from League Two. Anyone know how his performances have been?

I check the team sheets most weeks to see which loan players are playing and think he has mainly been used in a back 3.
He has been good. He will certainly play at a higher level, soon in the Premier League, I think. He made a big step up, from League Two to The Championship. He mostly plays in a back three to the right and has developed his skills with the ball. He is pacey enough and decent in the air. I think he is a good all-around defender who is versatile (has played right back as well, mostly for Salford last season). He will be a good PL defender but not for United. He is already 21 mind and turns 22 this year.

Marwood

He has been good. He will certainly play at a higher level, soon in the Premier League, I think. He made a big step up, from League Two to The Championship. He mostly plays in a back three to the right and has developed his skills with the ball. He is pacey enough and decent in the air. I think he is a good all-around defender who is versatile (has played right back as well, mostly for Salford last season). He will be a good PL defender but not for United. He is already 21 mind and turns 22 this year.
21 or 22 is nothing for CB. I'd go as far as to say it's almost impossible to be starting at CB for a big club at that age. It's very rare.

To me his career path to date is pretty much what a young centre backs should be following unless they're one of those rare exceptions.

Mickson

21 or 22 is nothing for CB. I'd go as far as to say it's almost impossible to be starting at CB for a big club at that age. It's very rare.

To me his career path to date is pretty much what a young centre backs should be following unless they're one of those rare exceptions.
My point is: He won't play for United in the future. More realistic, he will probably leave soon for first-team football.

Marwood

My point is: He won't play for United in the future. More realistic, he will probably leave soon for first-team football.
Yeah very few youth players do so its a safe bet to assume he won't make it. But being 21 and in the championship isn't a barrier. It's where I'd expect any of the young centre backs we have to be playing at that stage of their career.

Gandalf

Could certainly see him loaned in the PL next season or maybe even Italy where there seems to be quite a trend of taking young English CBs on loan at the moment, would be a nice way to round out his development and see where he is at. He could of course stick at Old Trafford next season but even with the likely departures of Bailly and Jones he would be at best 4th choice and a lack of playing time could cause him to stagnate. I have watched 3 or 4 games of his this season and he definitely has the potential to make it here but it would depend on the next manager and how he develops him.

Ace of Spades

He always was good on the ball and was quick but he looks to have improved a lot in the other aspects of his game. Keep loaning him, maybe a PL loan next season. Hopefully we don't make the same mistake like we did with Axel.

Players don't improve by sitting on the bench.

Mickson

Yeah very few youth players do so its a safe bet to assume he won't make it. But being 21 and in the championship isn't a barrier. It's where I'd expect any of the young centre backs we have to be playing at that stage of their career.
Williams is the same age and playing in the Premier League and people still call him shit. Bernard is decent but not a future United player.

Marwood

Williams is the same age and playing in the Premier League and people still call him shit. Bernard is decent but not a future United player.
Yeah at fullback. Younger players often get time at fullback. We've done it with plenty of young centre backs. Shifted them wider till they mature.

My point was about young centre backs at big clubs.

Fanta Stick

Hull are under new ownership and a new manager since January.

Dishon has been an unused substitute for the last 6 games.

You would imagine they are pretty much safe from relegation so I think maybe it's a case of the new manager wanting to work with those players that will probably be available to him next season, tough luck to any loanees.

Dishon was a very appreciated performer by the Hull supporters by all accounts.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Surely they'd a chance of keeping him for another year or even permanently if they played him? Doubt he'd want to stay now.

Status
Not open for further replies.