Di'Shon Bernard - loan watch Salford

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good on him. I've definitely been impressed by his stats since he went there. Didn't know Wellens was the Salford coach now too.

Mickson

He's doing great, has been their best defender. Worth remembering though, he plays in League Two and he's 20 years old. I think he will have a good career but not at United.

TwoSheds

He's doing great, has been their best defender. Worth remembering though, he plays in League Two and he's 20 years old. I think he will have a good career but not at United.
As does everyone but all you can do is impress when you get the chance. He's currently the most successful of our loanees and is getting good experience so let's hope his career keeps progressing.

Mickson

O

Of the 3;Bernard,Mengi and Axel. Who has the best potential
Axel and Mengi are pretty much same same regarding potential, although Mengi isn't so injury prone. They are better and have more potential than Bernard. Worth remembering that Bernard is two years older than Mengi. But if we talk center backs, Will Fish (17) has been better than Mengi this season, so he's one worth keeping an eye on.

As does everyone but all you can do is impress when you get the chance. He's currently the most successful of our loanees and is getting good experience so let's hope his career keeps progressing.
Obviously, but I think it says something that Bernard (20) is in League Two and Garner (19) in The Championship, and I think even Garner will struggle to make the United squad. But yes, obviously it's a good loan so far for him and I think he has grown more and more the last couple of seasons.

TwoSheds

O

Of the 3;Bernard,Mengi and Axel. Who has the best potential
Probably Mengi but Bernard is an absolute unit and has been progressing excellently the last year or two (beyond most people's expectations) so he has the faintest of outside chances now whereas previously he would have been regarded as levels below the other 2 talent wise.

Ace of Spades

He has improved a lot, still can be part of the squad in the future. People need to stop writing players off if they are not ready to play for us by 20, that is a stupidly high bar to set.

The positive is that he has continued his progress and development, which is all you want. Mengi has been the one who has regressed this season.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Any news on how this lad is performing at the moment. He seems to be a regular in a back three, and I notice that Salford have the best defensive record in League Two?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Any news on how this lad is performing at the moment. He seems to be a regular in a back three, and I notice that Salford have the best defensive record in League Two?
He's always getting good review from their fans. Someone does a weekly loan report on r/reddevils that's usually well worth a read.

Last edited:

Apokalips

I know one of this lads neighbours down in London, says he's a real sound lad. There's my only info on him sorry

Mark Pawelek

Two yellows today. Off on 32 minutes against Colchester away. Seems like he's been Salford's best player most of the season as they challenge for a play-off place. Only one yellow before this all season too.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Being released according to MEN’s Rich Fay. No surprises there, hope he makes a good career in football.

Is he the kid who was supposed to be absolutely rapid? Shame it hasn't worked out, hope Portsmouth take him on permanently.

kundalini

Contract expired or mutual termination?
When it was announced he had signed a new deal in summer 2021, the length of contract wasn't mentioned. It turns out that it was 2 years + 1 year option; United have decided not to use the option so his contract is about to expire. In simple terms, you can get a fee for a fairly good Championship level player, below that, clubs simply don't pay transfer fees as they don't have the money. So the likes of Bernard and Galbraith have no transfer value and end up getting released.

I don't know what is happening with Ethan Laird but it wouldn't surprise me if United use the + 1 year option on his contract then sell him for a modest fee as he is probably just inside the group of players that clubs will pay a fee for.

Last edited: