Television Disney Plus - 24 is still garbage

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
MCU looks lovely in 4K. I think the 90s X-Men & Spider-Man cartoons are on there, looking forward to watching them again.

Seems we still don’t get the perks USA does. Frozen 2 isn’t there until July. Not sure if Onward will be on the service in April or if we have to wait for that too. Hopefully this won’t be the case with all the newer films & we get them ASAP.

Just joined now. Can’t wait to watch The Mandalorian again and get to SW Rebels. But I’m wondering why isn’t all the Madalorian episodes out right now?
It’s stupid they haven’t dropped all the episodes. 2 episodes today & then weekly episodes on Friday. I think it’s the same with Clone Wars too where we won’t catch up to America for a few weeks.

Adamsk7

there’s really not much on there of great interest (for me at least). Largely it’s a trip down memory lane with beloved movies (Stuff like Mighty Ducks for me) and things that I largely have the back catalogue of (such as Star Wars and Marvel). I have already seen The Mandelorian and the new Marvel shows are gonna be delayed in to next year so I’ll probably keep it for a couple of months while we’re all at home and then bin it until any new content comes.
people moan about Apple TV+ not having much content but at least it’s all new and original stuff. There’s really nothing other than Mando that’s of a similar quality.

I will watch the original trilogy in 4K though until we get capped down to 720p due to the virus (think that’s coming similar to Netflix)

AaronRedDevil

MCU looks lovely in 4K. I think the 90s X-Men & Spider-Man cartoons are on there, looking forward to watching them again.

Seems we still don’t get the perks USA does. Frozen 2 isn’t there until July. Not sure if Onward will be on the service in April or if we have to wait for that too. Hopefully this won’t be the case with all the newer films & we get them ASAP.

It’s stupid they haven’t dropped all the episodes. 2 episodes today & then weekly episodes on Friday. I think it’s the same with Clone Wars too where we won’t catch up to America for a few weeks.
That is really stupid. It’s already out. There’s no point waiting so long. Otherwise there’s no incentive to buy it. Must suck for the people who have been waiting for this and now have to wait even longer.

Bosws87

Really annoying you can’t check what quality/bitrate it’s streaming in!

Hoof the ball

Not that impressed, to be honest.

I switched between the US and UK accounts using a proxy server, and between them both there just isn't that much variety.

Things I liked :

- Doug, the series.
- X-Men 90's
- Spider-Man 90's
- MCU in 4k.
- Mandalorian
- Simpsons

That's about it, really. Mostly just a quick nostalgia fix.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What are people expecting exactly? It's primarily targeted at kids; expecting it to be anything else is a bit weird.

Dr. StrangeHate

Seen a few friends on Facebook complaining there's not really much on there once you get past the obvious. All streaming services will get an uptick in subscribers this quarter but they will need variety to keep them long term.
I thought they had all the 20th century fox stuff on there, I was wrong. It is good for kids but without the fox stuff I personally won't be spending any time on it.

SirAF

Ageist
When it hits Norway I'm probably getting it just for The Simpsons :drool:

Drawfull

On their help pages they mention that audio 'may' stream at a lower quality format due to Coronavirus (if anyone else was a bit put out with Atmos not being available).

Picture quality is good though, but as another mentioned it would be nice to know what bitrate was being delivered.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just the first 2. Force awakens and last jedi. Rise of Skywalker isn't on here yet. Rogue one is on it aswel if you haven't seen it. Its Brilliant. All other star wars are on it.
Rogue one is the only Star Wars I actually enjoyed. I just want to see the last one to finish it off... I guess I'll just wait until it's on the service.

diarm

Is the app a bit of a nightmare for anyone else? It keeps freezing and glitching for me.

Watching on an LG TV but never had a single issue with Netflix, NowTV, Prime or any other streaming app.

Rooney1987

there’s really not much on there of great interest (for me at least). Largely it’s a trip down memory lane with beloved movies (Stuff like Mighty Ducks for me) and things that I largely have the back catalogue of (such as Star Wars and Marvel). I have already seen The Mandelorian and the new Marvel shows are gonna be delayed in to next year so I’ll probably keep it for a couple of months while we’re all at home and then bin it until any new content comes.
people moan about Apple TV+ not having much content but at least it’s all new and original stuff. There’s really nothing other than Mando that’s of a similar quality.

I will watch the original trilogy in 4K though until we get capped down to 720p due to the virus (think that’s coming similar to Netflix)
That's the first thing I streamed. I somehow dodged Mandelorian spoilers, well outside of baby Yoda pictures. So looking forward to that.

I managed to get a Quidco deal getting 13 quid back on the 49.99 deal so had to do that deal.

My kid will love it though as all she ever had on was Disney cinema channel. Bit annoyed at no Frozen 2 thought it was going live, they didn't seem to make it clear that the UK might have to wait.

Last edited:

GBBQ

What are people expecting exactly? It's primarily targeted at kids; expecting it to be anything else is a bit weird.
Yeah, its for the kids and judging by my daughters' reaction they're blown away by all of it. There's a nice bonus that i can dip into some of the blockbusters, documentaries or nostalgic shows but its 100% for kids.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I got the week free trial. After seeing my daughter's eyes light up, I may have to subscribe :lol:

Smores

I thought you were joking but that seems to be the case. Does Disney not understand how stupid that is.
They know plenty are signing up to watch it and given you can get a free trial they're not going to make it possible for people to binge it within said trial period.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is the app a bit of a nightmare for anyone else? It keeps freezing and glitching for me.

Watching on an LG TV but never had a single issue with Netflix, NowTV, Prime or any other streaming app.
Working fine on my LGTV. Only annoying thing is the Magic Remote isn’t yet compatible so having to use the arrows.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is this easy enough to cancel?

I'm probably going to sign up for the free trial to basically watch as much Simpsons as i can. Can't see myself sticking around though, so will probably cancel after the trial.

acnumber9

Is this easy enough to cancel?

I'm probably going to sign up for the free trial to basically watch as much Simpsons as i can. Can't see myself sticking around though, so will probably cancel after the trial.
You can cancel as soon as you sign up. Just go into your account.

Art Vandelay

I'm having no issues with it on an LGTV. I have had issues with Netflix freezing in the past. A power cycle usually fixes it.

Dr. StrangeHate

They know plenty are signing up to watch it and given you can get a free trial they're not going to make it possible for people to binge it within said trial period.
Actually that makes a world of sense. My bad Disney.

Dr. StrangeHate

I have a fire stick and Nvidia shield. Barely works on shield. On firestick crashes quite a bit. This was yesterday. Don't know about today.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's why I am waiting until I can binge it all.

arthurka

I have a fire stick and Nvidia shield. Barely works on shield. On firestick crashes quite a bit. This was yesterday. Don't know about today.
There has been a huge change in it lately as there seems to be a load strain do to too many users. Takes longer to load and stutters plus it's streaming in lower quality from time to time. Using Nvidia Shield.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Seen a few friends on Facebook complaining there's not really much on there once you get past the obvious. All streaming services will get an uptick in subscribers this quarter but they will need variety to keep them long term.
Isn't most of the Disney back catalogue on there? All the Disney / Pixar movies, etc?

Art Vandelay

Anyone else having an issue where the lighting of the screen seems to darken for a second and then brighten again? Seems to only happen during The Mandalorian but it's very distracting.

AaronRedDevil

Once I’m done with Star Wars Rebels I’m cancelling it and I’ll wait for 6 weeks till the Mandalorian and Clone Wars is finished.

diarm

I'm having no issues with it on an LGTV. I have had issues with Netflix freezing in the past. A power cycle usually fixes it.
Is a power cycle plugging it out from the wall and then back in again?

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Just joined now. Can’t wait to watch The Mandalorian again and get to SW Rebels. But I’m wondering why isn’t all the Madalorian episodes out right now?
it's to make sure everyone gets past the 7 day free trial, and moves in to the paid model. You'll be amazed how many people would rather see the £5.99 leave their account every month, than go through the hassle of unsubscribing.

Nogbadthebad

I'm liking it.

I haven't watched mandalorian before through other means, and managed to stay away from spoilers really apart from baby yoda memes, Only the first two episodes so far but its great.

Also watched a few episodes of clone wars, long time since I saw them so its all fresh again, looking forward to seeing the last series of that too.

The only thing I find is that there are some true hidden gems in the disney back catalogue (Black Cauldron for instance), but if you use the generic tabs for Disney and movie and so on, you will miss half of them.

For £50 for the year, its great value. It would cost that much to watch the full 9 star wars films once on Amazon.

AaronRedDevil

it's to make sure everyone gets past the 7 day free trial, and moves in to the paid model. You'll be amazed how many people would rather see the £5.99 leave their account every month, than go through the hassle of unsubscribing.
Well I’m unsubbing after my trial is up. Nearly finish SW Rebels. I’ll come back when it’s all on there. Not giving them a cent yet because of that sneaky crap they pulled with Mandalorian.