Television Disney Plus - 24 is still garbage

SirAF

Ageist
Just got it free with my phone contract. 3 days in, I'm sure glad I'm not paying for it. I was pretty excited to binge through the first 10 years of The Simpsons, but I just get an error message every other episode and it kicks me back to the main menu. Happens on both the TV app and on Xbox. Is it buggy for anyone else?
I’m watching on Apple TV, works like a charm.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
12 quid for the whole year in indonesia

Too cheap to pass even if only for the complete Simpson

Its funy listening to the dubber version of many thing in my own language
TIL that English isn't your first language. After all these years.

And you still write in English gooder than the manjority of this ilitirite skum.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Taking advantage of the 1 month Game Pass perk to watch The Mandalorian. The UI (and the UX) is probably the best I’ve ever experienced (on the Xbox app. Assume it’s similar across the board).

Might end up paying for longer and working my way through some of the Nat Geo stuff.

Can’t see it being an ongoing thing like. Not really enough stuff for that

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Thought Origins would be good, but Americans are so bad at this sort of thing. Very cheesy

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
2 months free when you buy something on Fortnite until end of December (ight have to be min cost £4.20 or something Google it.

Long enough to watch mandolorian if you only do two EPs per week.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone who has this should check out Free Solo in the National Geographic section. Sent me on a whole mountain/cliff climbing documentary binge.

Robertd0803

Got an email earlier to say that Star on Disney is launching Feb 23rd with stuff like Die Hard 2 and The XFiles on it. Hope that they wont be looking for more money for it. Tiered membership is fine as its optional but increasing the basic price for everyone for a load of old movies and box sets isnt a good idea.

GBBQ

Got an email earlier to say that Star on Disney is launching Feb 23rd with stuff like Die Hard 2 and The XFiles on it. Hope that they wont be looking for more money for it. Tiered membership is fine as its optional but increasing the basic price for everyone for a load of old movies and box sets isnt a good idea.
Just looking online and it seems the current price will remain until August. It's increasing to £7.99 and it's their way of bringing in their Fox content (which would include the new Alien series). I agree it should be opt in but also I think that the increase isn't huge and could be worth it for some of the old Fox series.

Robertd0803

Just looking online and it seems the current price will remain until August. It's increasing to £7.99 and it's their way of bringing in their Fox content (which would include the new Alien series). I agree it should be opt in but also I think that the increase isn't huge and could be worth it for some of the old Fox series.
Thanks.

A little frustrating but not so bad I guess.

b82REZ

I thought the USP for Disney Plus was it was a family friendly streaming service.

I'm surprised they're adding more mature content to this platform rather than releasing a new one. Good for the consumer though

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m looking forward to them adding the Fox library, as well as all the new Marvel & Star Wars stuff they’ve got planned. £20 extra for the year isn’t the worst increase, provided they don’t start increasing prices every year.

With the Sky Movies deal ending, it should mean it gets films added to the service a lot sooner than before.

Acole9

Outstanding
Got a free six months from my phone network. I'm a bit surprised because any smart TV's older than 2016 do not have the operating system for the channel. I'm not an expert on all this stuff but I would've thought if I can watch Amazon Prime and Netflix I should be able to with this too.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I thought the USP for Disney Plus was it was a family friendly streaming service.

I'm surprised they're adding more mature content to this platform rather than releasing a new one. Good for the consumer though
Disney+ for kids/family.

Star for adults.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
So do I get Star through my Disney+ sub or have I given Disney too much credit in my last post?
Apparently you are correct in giving them credit.

Disney Star came as an international version of Hulu, so I thought it was gonna be it's own platform, but apparently it's included inside the same platform (at least outside the US).

Star will be positioned next to National geographic and the platform will get updated for parental control options.

ha_rooney

From 23 February, Disney+ will cost £7.99, or £79.90 annually. Current prices for existing subscribers (prior to 23 February) will be honoured for six months, with the price change taking effect on the monthly or annual renewal date following 22 August 2021.

Ainu

So I've watched The Mandalorian, a couple of Pixar movies I hadn't seen yet and Free Solo (because I'm a climber myself). I had already seen everything worthwhile Marvel had to offer. So, what now? I feel like I'm already done with this. Anything else that's worth watching?

AaronRedDevil

Starting to nearly look more worth then Netflix, since Netflix keeps cancelling everything I like and having the balls to increase the price in Ireland by 2 quid a month.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
So I've watched The Mandalorian, a couple of Pixar movies I hadn't seen yet and Free Solo (because I'm a climber myself). I had already seen everything worthwhile Marvel had to offer. So, what now? I feel like I'm already done with this. Anything else that's worth watching?
All the cheesy Disney sports movies.

Balljy

I've got to this point too. I've seen the Mandalorian, Wandavison up to the last episode and watched a few of the movies but there doesn't seem to be much else on there and I could watch it all in 3 months or so. It's not a Netflix competitor at the moment and they definitely need Star to bring a few series onboard.

ha_rooney

Star catalogue has been added but doesn’t look like they’ve got everything - I couldn’t find Deadpool 1, Logan & the last few seasons of Modern Family aren’t available.

I’m hoping this is due to existing arrangements & new releases going forward will be immediately available on the platform.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Star catalogue has been added but doesn’t look like they’ve got everything - I couldn’t find Deadpool 1, Logan & the last few seasons of Modern Family aren’t available.

I’m hoping this is due to existing arrangements & new releases going forward will be immediately available on the platform.
Its the same with the predator and Alien movies. Also the original Die Hard.

As soon as existing agreements with other providers end they’ll be on there.

Its the same with the predator and Alien movies. Also the original Die Hard.

As soon as existing agreements with other providers end they’ll be on there.
It’s there for me in Swedenland. Logan, Deadpool too, and all 11 seasons of Modern Family.

No Aliens or Predator though, and disappointing none of the star content has Atmos.

Last edited:

Bojan11

Deadpool 1 is on Netflix, so probably has something to do with that. Just checked, Modern Family season 1-11 are on Sky, so same situation as above.

SparkedIntoLife

This is proper random but Arachnophobia was announced in the lineup of additions through Star but I can't find it. Any idea when/if it's coming on? It's a crap film I suppose but I was keen to see it again in adulthood.

Simbo

This is proper random but Arachnophobia was announced in the lineup of additions through Star but I can't find it. Any idea when/if it's coming on? It's a crap film I suppose but I was keen to see it again in adulthood.
Don't do it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Definitely do it, and report back in the ‘massive spiders’ thread.

SparkedIntoLife

Haha. I still have nightmares about it from childhood. Eating popcorn, taking showers and pulling lamp cords has never been the same again! I'm looking to face my fears I guess ;)