Television Disney Plus - 24 is still garbage

buchansleftleg

Just one thing about the smart tv App - If you have a pre 2016 Samsung TV the app is not available to integrate with your TV. As someone with a 2015 4K TV this is annoying but you can get round it with a chromecast and downloading the app to a tablet or phone, then casting it to your TV. The chromecast is a lot cheaper than a TV upgrade just so your daughter can watch High school Musical!

Got this yesterday - looking forward to binging the Mandalorian!

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
Just one thing about the smart tv App - If you have a pre 2016 Samsung TV the app is not available to integrate with your TV. As someone with a 2015 4K TV this is annoying but you can get round it with a chromecast and downloading the app to a tablet or phone, then casting it to your TV. The chromecast is a lot cheaper than a TV upgrade just so your daughter can watch High school Musical!

you'll have to wait 8 weeks then

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Is anyone else noticing that the volume level seems really low for the content?

I’m watching through the PS4 app and I have to raise the volume massively just to be able to hear dialogue.

RedDevilRoshi

You’ll be waiting till May to do that.

Drawfull

Is anyone else noticing that the volume level seems really low for the content?

I’m watching through the PS4 app and I have to raise the volume massively just to be able to hear dialogue.
Volume is fine for me but haven't tried PS4. It's louder than a lot of iTunes content, for example, on the devices I've tried (Samsung Tizen TV, Firestick 4K and Apple TV 4K). Still annoyed about lack of Atmos.

On a side note, I mentioned yesterday the drop off in pic quality, but whilst I obviously haven't watched everything it seems to only affect the Thor movies from MCU. They advertise as 4k, but they're barely 480p.

b82REZ

Pleasantly surprised with the content.

Didn't expect them to have Marvel films up to Endgame.

Having all the Simpsons is worth the price of admission alone.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Pleasantly surprised with the content.

Didn't expect them to have Marvel films up to Endgame.

Having all the Simpsons is worth the price of admission alone.
Agreed. When you get to watch the Simpsons uninterrupted in their entirety, you get to fully appreciate just how damn great the series is.

What tv shows do they have? Is it worth cancelling my Netflix for? Netflix has so many movies/tv shows missing it’s annoying.

b82REZ

What tv shows do they have? Is it worth cancelling my Netflix for? Netflix has so many movies/tv shows missing it’s annoying.
You'd have this alongside Netflix. Two completely different streaming services.

So far I think Disney is well worth the money but with me having no kids I may feel different once I've redone the Marvel films.

b82REZ

I use it through PS4 but I've noticed if I don't log out before I turn the console off I will need to log back in next time I use it. Very annoying.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Very tempted to get this at £5.99 a month. Does new stuff get regularly added or is it really just back catalogue stuff?
Getting some National Geographic stuff like the new Jane Goodall documentary, and from the Star Wars animated series. Otherwise, not so much now that The Mandalorian season is done.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Tbh, I watched 3 Pixar films back to back today and it was lovely. Worth it.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
They really need to open it up to allow more Fox movies on there.

They now own classics like Alien, Aliens and Predator (to name but a few) and yet they will never show up on Disney + because they aren’t PG.

Last edited:

AaronRedDevil

I’ll be cancelling it soon. Only wanted it for the Mandalorian, Rebels and Clone Wars. I’ll wait then till Obi wan show and falcon, winter soldier show.

b82REZ

They really need to open it up to allow more Fox movies on there.

They now own classics like Alien, Aliens and Predator (to name but a few) and yet they will never show up on Disney + because they aren’t PG.
Theres no chance they add anything rated above a 12 on it.

Maybe one day they'll do a separate streaming services targeted at adults but Disney+ is specifically marketed to kids and families.

I think I will end up cancelling this eventually because beyond the Simpsons and Marvel films there isn't much I want to watch.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
What the feck is wrong with the people at Disney?

Charging USD $30 to watch a fecking "MULAN" movie on top of the subscription price.

That's more expensive than going to the cinema in NYC.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Just got it free with my phone contract. 3 days in, I'm sure glad I'm not paying for it. I was pretty excited to binge through the first 10 years of The Simpsons, but I just get an error message every other episode and it kicks me back to the main menu. Happens on both the TV app and on Xbox. Is it buggy for anyone else?

Andy_Cole

Just got it free with my phone contract. 3 days in, I'm sure glad I'm not paying for it. I was pretty excited to binge through the first 10 years of The Simpsons, but I just get an error message every other episode and it kicks me back to the main menu. Happens on both the TV app and on Xbox. Is it buggy for anyone else?
Not at all! I use it through sky or on my iPhone.

Tiber

We had it for a while, watched Mandalorian and a few other old Disney movies and quickly stopped using it. Will end up getting it at some point for season two

kidbob

It runs like shit on PS4. Constant buffering and then lots of error messages too. Haven't tried it on my phone.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I use the app on my LG TV& it works fine. Not as good as Netflix, but I don’t get any error messages. Also, it looks like they’re finally streaming 4K after compressing the quality earlier this year (which everyone was doing).

The original content is poor but I’ve kept it for the library of films & looking forward to Mando & eventually the MCU shows.