Disrespectful and Selfish (updated: Oops)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Seniors can feck off, if people think they would perform any better, oh, i forgot they woop the floor with Partizan (a) and Astana at home for example.
Did you think this was the past tense of wipe?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
What on Earth was Ole thinking? We haven't sealed top spot in the group. We have a miserable record as a whole and duly in need of thrashing a side to get some confidence. We have senior players that are still with us direly needing minutes and freshness. Heck, we need just a solid all around competent performance for 90 minutes. And he decides to leave the team at home and play the academy side.

I really tried to focus on the positive around fielding all those academy boys and indeed a few of them played quite well. But the fact is that traveling team, that lineup were incredibly disrespectful of Manchester United, the traveling fans, the Europa League and Astana.

So mission accomplished:
Ole gets his name in the books - most academy debuts in a European game in a single outing. And great excuse for losing another game. Woo hoo.

I can't credit any of the good play today to anyone but Butt. The senior players showed themselves to be more poorly coached. And the manager must think running this club is like some video game where you can skip and Sim games moving on to the important ones you actually want to play.
State of you, do one.

dove

I think we could have played a bit stronger squad. We have quite a few fringe players who barely get any game time like Mata, they should have definitely played against Astana IMO. Finishing top of the group is important for us to avoid 2 extra games and now after losing this game we add ourselves unnecessary pressure not only for the next EL game but for the one against Aston Villa as well as there will simply be no excuses if we drop points.

flappyjay

It's interesting to see the number of insults being hurled at me for having a starkly contrasting opinion. I'm not going to pretend like this was a litmus test of the cafe. But it certainly shows this huge intolerance that's developed on here for anyone criticizing a decision by Ole. I don't recall Fergie getting this kind of blind support on here in sack Fergie sell giggs years
If we had no mid week game against spurs and another on the weekend against fecking city of all teams a bunch of us would get your point. But risking fatigue and injury even on scrubs like Matic for a dead rubber would be stupid. We lost Pogba for three months after choosing to risk him on a carabao cup game against Rochdale let's not repeat the same mistakes. Priorities.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
What on Earth was Ole thinking? We haven't sealed top spot in the group. We have a miserable record as a whole and duly in need of thrashing a side to get some confidence. We have senior players that are still with us direly needing minutes and freshness. Heck, we need just a solid all around competent performance for 90 minutes. And he decides to leave the team at home and play the academy side.

I really tried to focus on the positive around fielding all those academy boys and indeed a few of them played quite well. But the fact is that traveling team, that lineup were incredibly disrespectful of Manchester United, the traveling fans, the Europa League and Astana.

So mission accomplished:
Ole gets his name in the books - most academy debuts in a European game in a single outing. And great excuse for losing another game. Woo hoo.

I can't credit any of the good play today to anyone but Butt. The senior players showed themselves to be more poorly coached. And the manager must think running this club is like some video game where you can skip and Sim games moving on to the important ones you actually want to play.
So you are telling me, that you can justify playing regular starters and risk them injured in a meaningless away EL game? Is THAT what you are saying with this post? That you would have NO complaints if Harry Maguiire picked up an injury from this game? Or Marcus Rashford? Perhap better yet, Martial. is THAT what you are telling everyone, that the risk for player injury in this game, was absolutely worth it?

We have a miserable record as a whole and duly in need of thrashing a side to get some confidence. <- Oh just shush, we played confidence into the group before the international break. And i am sure our strikers are feeling good about themselves after netting 3 against a team that allowed 9 goals in their previous 12 league matches.

I honestly have no idea where you are going with this post. No one cared about this game. We left our bloody coaching staff at home so they can work on the rest of the team, while OGS does his contractual duty and lead the team in a meaningless EL game in the far corner of the world.

I GUARANTEE YOU that you would be at the very front row of the queue if we had a regular XI player injured in this game. And it annoys the bejeezus out of me. WHY are you like this?

Moonwalker

Well I for one am outraged! I'm deeply offended on behalf of the proud country of Kazakhstan, and the illustrious Europa League. Fans of football everywhere, how you could suffer through that game not seeing Rojo, Jones and Mata tonight - I don't know, but you didn't deserve it.

Walters_19_MuFc

We've got 3 games in 7 days coming up. I'm sure the senior players that are needing minutes will be getting plenty during this busy period.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
No need to slag Ole here. It was the right call. Shame we didnt get a result but not the end of the world.
As for disrespecting the competition, UEFA are taking the p**s including teams / Countries from Asia and then expecting teams to fly halfway round the world for a thursday night fixture

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
But it certainly shows this huge intolerance that's developed on here for anyone criticizing a decision by Ole.
I know, right? Good, honest attempts at questioning Ole's reign of terror are always shut down on here, feckin' North-Korea and so forth, there's hardly a thread which isn't utterly dominated by people who worship the useless fecker.

And by "useless fecker" I mean no disrespect, of course - I love the useless fecker, and dearly hope he proves me wrong (the gormless twat).

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Unlike the OP, I'm glad Old didn't find room for Rojo, Jones, Young, Matic, Mata in the first 11. Good sign that their days are numbered and the club would rather give experience to youth.

Probably last chance saloon for Lingard, Shaw & maybe Bailly too had he been fit.

Hughie77

I thought ole was spot on this time, it was ideal team to play the youngsters, and overall bar for a realy odd own goal, they should have at least had a draw, the post is pointless in regards to taking even 3 or 4 1st teamers, what was the gain in it! We've qualified got a home game left, at OT. Villa on Sunday is where they are needed. Not thousands of miles away on a plastic pitch, freezing cold. And getting a silly injury that puts them out for weeks!

TheReligion

Abusive
The OP must be a joke. Surely? Someone please tell me it's a joke and the poster isn't a complete and utter whopper.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
That's not the point, I don't care how well Rochdale would have played, I just think that like SAF used to do the League Cup is one of the competitions where we could and should use heavily youth and bench players.
We were winning league titles and reaching CL finals back then. We were too big for the league cup. Right now we're neither in the CL nor challenging for the league. Until we start competing for the PL/CL again we can't afford to take the domestic cup competitions lightly.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I just think rage should be saved for more fitting moments, say sunday after we don't beat Villa perhaps.
Exactly, not berate a pile of kids. As people have said, if we had picked up even more injuries all hell would have broken lose. Everybody was saying this was a nothing game and to play the kids. He does that and he gets lambasted.

AshRK

We were winning league titles and reaching CL finals back then. We were too big for the league cup. Right now we're neither in the CL nor challenging for the league. Until we start competing for the PL/CL again we can't afford to take the domestic cup competitions lightly.
Good point. This arrogance that we are above certain competitions need to stop.

Withnail

So mission accomplished:

Ridiculous knee-jerk thread

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We don't have the depth to stretch our team to play all competitions at full strength in every games and we are qualified for the knockout stages of the EL.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’d be the first one moaning if we lose against villa on Sunday, oh and then city also. All because we sent our main squad half way around the world and back in 4 days.

short sighted and idiotic.

who cares is the youngsters lost unluckily in the Europa league ffs. It was entertaining and a great experience, get over it. You sound very stupid moaning about something so small.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
Silly Knee-jerk thread.

Sterling Archer:
Archer is an extremely narcissistic, insensitive, and self-absorbed man who is constantly focused on himself and his own needs and desires. He arrogantly believes himself to understand any situation better than his colleagues. Thus, Archer stubbornly refuses to admit when he is proven wrong and will go to extreme lengths to cover up his mistakes, in which particularly when they may incur Malory Archer's (Sterling's mother) scorn.

Okey

Wow! That's some OP. I too thought it must be a joke. Meaningless game in Kazakhstan??? We have a home game to finish ffs. Perspective please...

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It's not a dead rubber. We're going to lose at home to AZ and finish second in the group and go out in the next round.

But also, didn't want the full first team there. Just a few more of the ones that need minutes to be sharper for when they do get their cameos in the coming games.
Why are you so sure we're losing to AZ?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The first team is being held together by spit and toilet paper and have another must-win match in a few days but you'd risk them in what amounts to a dead rubber game? Christ.

John Blund

6 hours flight x 2 ways (assuming we bring them all back home...), and the game was on artificial turf in -10C. Even if we didn't have 3 games the next seven days, it would be stupid risking anything with our first eleven on this match.

Dumbest OP I've read here.

Rafaeldagold

Ole is an awful manager & we’ve e lowered our expectations so much now we accept losses regularly & don’t care too much. He also gets lapped up by the fans just for playing kids even though a) they aren’t good enough & b) any manager can do that as he gets a get out of jail free card then. Lose & you’re expected to, win & wow what an amazing manager. It’s kinda cowardly.

But this game isn’t the one to criticise as nobody really cared & we had qualified. Not the hill to due on for your point

The United

I think we could have played a bit stronger squad. We have quite a few fringe players who barely get any game time like Mata, they should have definitely played against Astana IMO. Finishing top of the group is important for us to avoid 2 extra games and now after losing this game we add ourselves unnecessary pressure not only for the next EL game but for the one against Aston Villa as well as there will simply be no excuses if we drop points.
Mata is one of the players that needs to be healthy as well. I would not have even played Lingard if I were Ole.

Remember we need numbers at the moment with a lot of injuries.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Seriously.

Sterling Archer

I GUARANTEE YOU that you would be at the very front row of the queue if we had a regular XI player injured in this game. And it annoys the bejeezus out of me. WHY are you like this?
Quite alright for you to disagree so vehemently with my opinion. But this bit here is very wrong. Please feel free to go through all posts and confirm but I don't recall a single time I've complained that Ole played Pogba early and got him injured. My big gripe is that we didn't strengthen the squad more in the summer preempting all this nonsense to begin with.

And in fact im of the contrary opinion in general that resting players is always the right move. Over the years it feels like the team with less rest winds up being sharper and more motivated and winning games more often than not.

Sterling Archer

Ole is an awful manager & we’ve e lowered our expectations so much now we accept losses regularly & don’t care too much. He also gets lapped up by the fans just for playing kids even though a) they aren’t good enough & b) any manager can do that as he gets a get out of jail free card then. Lose & you’re expected to, win & wow what an amazing manager. It’s kinda cowardly.

But this game isn’t the one to criticise as nobody really cared & we had qualified. Not the hill to due on for your point
I think that's pretty fair. I'm probably a bit more on edge because the things I'm seeing from the manager that concern me are mounting. Maybe not as big a deal today but still raised an eyebrow for me.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
You don't see the irony in fans traveling that far but the team not ?

My expectation wasn't a full senior team. But I really felt the likes of Rojo, Matic Young and Mata could use more minutes. Would have been a great game to try Jones at DM..
Two 8 hour flights and fecking jet lag isnt what to do with players to get them sharper.

miked99

Pathetic thread that typifies a certain type of poster on here unfortunately. It's great to see the kids getting a chance, both today and this season. Sick of people desperately trying to manufacture outrage in order to find another stick to beat the manager with

Green_Red

feck Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, who the feck does he think he is showing confidence in our youth and giving our first team players a rest ahead of a busy festive schedule. Utterly disgraceful!