Divock Origi

Sterling Archer

Just goes to show their luck this year, he is an average player they would probably sell at start of the season if anyone was interested, but somehow ended up winning them a CL this year. Will probably end up at West Ham in two or three years maximum.
It's not luck. It's good feckin management.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Classic example of how decent players can contribute in good teams . It's kind of what Ferguson built united on . Meanwhile we just want the next big thing every window without trying to play a proper system and have a good manager

El Zoido

Just goes to show their luck this year, he is an average player they would probably sell at start of the season if anyone was interested, but somehow ended up winning them a CL this year. Will probably end up at West Ham in two or three years maximum.
It’s good management. We had players like that too under Fergie, people said they were garbage, but he knew how to utilise them. Exactly as Klopp is doing here.

cyberman

He sent him out on loan!
Hes only around cause they spent so much on defence. He's probably the fine line between a league title and second place.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It's not luck. It's good feckin management.
It’s good management. We had players like that too under Fergie, people said they were garbage, but he knew how to utilise them. Exactly as Klopp is doing here.
Just saw the interesting stat, he's had three shots in CL this season and three goals. Yeah, nothing to do with luck.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
His stock must have gone up. If we can get 40m for him I'd drive him over myself. He's been a good lad but his general football is not current LFC standard. This will become abundantly and painfully clear when his purple patch goals runs dry. Anything less then 40m and I'd keep him for next year's semi final. :cool:

fastwalker

His stock must have gone up. If we can get 40m for him I'd drive him over myself. He's been a good lad but his general football is not current LFC standard. This will become abundantly and painfully clear when his purple patch goals runs dry. Anything less then 40m and I'd keep him for next year's semi final. :cool:
Given the madness that is the transfer market, I absolutely think you could get £40m for Origi. Liverpool have become adept at getting good money for players they have offloaded to other clubs. Consider, the £20m they managed to ring out of Bournemouth for Dominic Solanke? On that basis Origi with his last minutes heroics in the Premier League and Europe may well be worth £40m. Clearly he seems to be a decent squad player. but I am not sure what else he amounts to. Will be interesting to see whether offers come in for him. Wouldn't it be great if United had a player like that who could come off the bench and score crucial goals?

Red Star One

He’s a bit like their Macheda. In a well oiled team, even an average player can have his moments of glory.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The thing with Origi is that he's shown a few times that he can actually play good football. I remember Dortmund struggling massively with his hold-up play and small dribbles in 15/16.

Sterling Archer

Just saw the interesting stat, he's had three shots in CL this season and three goals. Yeah, nothing to do with luck.
What do you think gets a bench player to have the confidence to come on as a sub in huge matches and have such clinical finishing for each of the few chances he gets? No excuses of being a rusty or moody player because he doesn't start regularly.

Manager.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What do you think gets a bench player to have the confidence to come on as a sub in huge matches and have such clinical finishing for each of the few chances he gets? No excuses of being a rusty or moody player because he doesn't start regularly.

Manager.
Or a great attitude by the player, or an attitude to think that he'll prove the manager wrong when he comes on?
Or just the fact that he's a decent player and often comes on when Liverpool are either in the ascendency and swarming all over teams a la Barca game or when they are already winning and catching teams on the counter a la last night?

Sterling Archer

Or a great attitude by the player, or an attitude to think that he'll prove the manager wrong when he comes on?
Or just the fact that he's a decent player and often comes on when Liverpool are either in the ascendency and swarming all over teams a la Barca game or when they are already winning and catching teams on the counter a la last night?
Stop. It's getting silly now. You're actually arguing that a manager doesn't make a difference in making average players play beyond themselves. I'd forgive you except that's what Sir Alex excelled at and we saw for decades with many of our squad players. To not appreciate the same here is simply bias.

Champ

Stop. It's getting silly now. You're actually arguing that a manager doesn't make a difference in making average players play beyond themselves. I'd forgive you except that's what Sir Alex excelled at and we saw for decades with many of our squad players. To not appreciate the same here is simply bias.
No, I'm staying that it's not just the manager that makes the difference, to think that's the case is silly!
The manager plays a part, but the player has to be amicable in their attitude to what the manager wants, that comes from the player themselves.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One of those I completely forgot was at Liverpool until halfway through the season. Sturridge was very much the first striker off the bench in early part of the season when you go back to that screamer at Chelsea.

Apparently Origi nearly joined Huddersfield on a season long loan in August. Funny old game.

Sterling Archer

No, I'm staying that it's not just the manager that makes the difference, to think that's the case is silly!
The manager plays a part, but the player has to be amicable in their attitude to what the manager wants, that comes from the player themselves.
Absolutely agree with you there. It is a lot of both factors. One doesn't happen without the other.

Which then gets to the other issue - a manager needs players that fit his style and can handle personality. It's why higher ups signing players for the manager usually leads to conflict.

Kaglish10

The thing with Origi is that he's shown a few times that he can actually play good football. I remember Dortmund struggling massively with his hold-up play and small dribbles in 15/16.
He's got some potentials but he will have to play consistently as a striker in a creative team before we can know his real level. Liverpool's midfield isn't that creative. They depend mostly on their fullbacks but it's dicey, especially if these fullbacks are pinned back by opposition's attacking wingers hence where Firmino's creativity comes in.

Champ

Absolutely agree with you there. It is a lot of both factors. One doesn't happen without the other.

Which then gets to the other issue - a manager needs players that fit his style and can handle personality. It's why higher ups signing players for the manager usually leads to conflict.
Agreed,
That's why it's imperative that a club is run correctly. Liverpool have had their ups and downs with their owners but seem to have it sorted now.
Origi is actually a very decent player, just happens that the front three at the moment for Liverpool are better.

dogwithabone

It was a clinical strike last night to finish it and he’s certainly delivered some big goals in latter stages of the season.

Don’t think it’s out of the question to say Liverpool could look even more potent up front by benching Firmino and starting Origi. Firmino has been a bit hit and miss of late.

hubbuh

What is the general consensus about this guy?

Top quality striker?
Absolutely not. A very good squaddie, though. Doesn't really work in the usual setup but if they play to his strengths then he can be effective. He's certainly writing himself into Scouse folklore.

meamth

Absolutely not. A very good squaddie, though. Doesn't really work in the usual setup but if they play to his strengths then he can be effective. He's certainly writing himself into Scouse folklore.
That's weird though, every time my brother tuned in Liverpool's game, this guy always do out of this world goals.

This makes me wonder though, is he better than all United strikers at the moment?

Raw

That's weird though, every time my brother tuned in Liverpool's game, this guy always do out of this world goals.

This makes me wonder though, is he better than all United strikers at the moment?
Wouldn't say so. He benefits from being in a well coached team under a world class manager that can offer him chances and space to flourish. Stick Origi in our team over Martial and we'd struggle even more.

TheLiverBird

The 2 times Mane Shaq and Origi have all started together we’ve beaten Barca 4-0 and now Everton 5-2

Origi scores twice in both games, not forgetting his Champions League Final goal too

it’s without question a handy alternative to those ahead of him in the pecking order

TheReligion

Abusive
The 2 times Mane Shaq and Origi have all started together we’ve beaten Barca 4-0 and now Everton 5-2

Origi scores twice in both games, not forgetting his Champions League Final goal too

it’s without question a handy alternative to those ahead of him in the pecking order
What happens when you sign Sancho, Mbappe and co in the summer?

Jonno

Just goes to show, it's the manager, not the players. Klopp has done what Fergie used to do, he's made the team a winning machine, whoever is playing and however much ability they have.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
If someone had told me 18 months ago that Origi would still be at the club come December 2019, & not only that he'd been given an improved contract, then I'd have had no option but to call the men in white coats to come & take Jurgen away. The lad went out on quite a few loan deals & showed very little at each club he went to. Klopp is obviously some kind of witchdoctor.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
We'll pay £150m to have him stand outside the camp nou, thank you
:lol: :lol:

From available for sale to cult hero in one year’s time, that’s some turnaround.