DJ Buffonge

spenzo

Pretty good highlights reel that! Is he actually any good and if so why has he not been hyped more?
I'd guess it's because he didn't grow up at the club but also he wasn't one of our foreign imports that gets everyone excited (as it should) but he's definitely very talented.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Pretty good highlights reel that! Is he actually any good and if so why has he not been hyped more?
Yes he is. From what I've seen he's similar to Gomes. He's still young though so who knows how he will turn out.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I'd guess it's because he didn't grow up at the club but also he wasn't one of our foreign imports that gets everyone excited (as it should) but he's definitely very talented.
Where's he from? Guessing from a British academy but which one?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
United got him from Fulham. He was also at Arsenal before that.
Interesting, a London lad? Let's hope he turns out more like Sterling rather than a Cofie, not that I particularly rate Sterling all that much.

as-95

Looks talented. Dribbling skills are one of the most important skills for a playmaker and he certainly has very quick feet with good acceleration.

I daresay that he reminds me of Iniesta in that video. Obciously not anyehre near as good and Iniesta is right footed, but the playing style and dribbling technique.

m1y2

I am a bit worried for him and Angel Gomes, they are really small, despite being big talents and technically super gifted, we will see if they can handle the step up to the u21..

Utdstar01

I am a bit worried for him and Angel Gomes, they are really small, despite being big talents and technically super gifted, we will see if they can handle the step up to the u21..
Wouldn't worry about it at all. Both very talented young players, in particular Angel who I've seen more of. With age they will improve physically, as is the case with all youth, some manage the transition better, whereas some find it more difficult but I can't see it being an issue for either, personally.

m1y2

Wouldn't worry about it at all. Both very talented young players, in particular Angel who I've seen more of. With age they will improve physically, as is the case with all youth, some manage the transition better, whereas some find it more difficult but I can't see it being an issue for either, personally.
well for instance Larnell Cole couldnt figure out and he plays for Fullham now in third division, maybe he wasn't that skillfull but he was of the similar stature

spenzo

well for instance Larnell Cole couldnt figure out and he plays for Fullham now in third division, maybe he wasn't that skillfull but he was of the similar stature
In my opinion Cole was good enough to make it with us, know Fergie was a fan of his, think he's been quite unfortunate with injury since he left us, I wouldn't say that there are any issues with his physique, in fact I'd say it suited Larnell for the way he played. I wouldn't worry about Angel and DJ though, especially not Angel, like utdstar01 said, got all the ability to get on fine.

khoazany

Been injured for about 4-5 months after he was signed.

Yes he is. From what I've seen he's similar to Gomes. He's still young though so who knows how he will turn out.
Disagree slightly.Angel is a better passer and has better vision imo.

Brightonian

Really like this lad, I think he's gone under the radar a bit because of the injury, but those few early games and then everything since his recovery have been promising. He has that short-but-powerful thing going on, touch of Aguero about the way he dribbles.

Utdstar01

Really like this lad, I think he's gone under the radar a bit because of the injury, but those few early games and then everything since his recovery have been promising. He has that short-but-powerful thing going on, touch of Aguero about the way he dribbles.
Definitely agree with you that he's certainly gone under the radar but I'd say he's one of the standout players in that age group for sure.

His inventiveness is what I like about him, always trying to make something happen. If he keeps his head screwed on then who knows, he could be as good as he wants to be.

It's definitely an exciting time for youth watchers right now.

In Rainbows

Been injured for about 4-5 months after he was signed.

Disagree slightly.Angel is a better passer and has better vision imo.
Think Gomes is slightly more technically gifted too. Buffonge is just more assertive and attacks more.

Reynoldo

Literally thought I was going to see an image of Buffon on the decks with headphones on when I clicked in here :)

m1y2

wonder if he gets a chance under Mourinho, possibly a decent loan move would help him, think he could replace someone like Lingard in the squad in the near future but the competition is huge

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wonder if he's in contention to play in the near future. He's a very talented lad but found himself on the bench a lot under Sbragia.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah, it's all gone quiet on him, I was surprised to see that MEN article. Must be doing something in training.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I wonder if he's in contention to play in the near future. He's a very talented lad but found himself on the bench a lot under Sbragia.
Why do we have him? Makes me shudder.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why do we have him? Makes me shudder.
Feck knows, apparently he was good the first time he was here, but currently he's not doing a good enough job considering the quality he has at his disposal.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Feck knows, apparently he was good the first time he was here, but currently he's not doing a good enough job considering the quality he has at his disposal.
That is the job that is made for someone progressive and young.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
That is the job that is made for someone progressive and young.
It's not even that for me because there is an argument for an old style coach. Warren Joyce played some shit football at times but he was a good coach for the level. Sometimes football is gritty and u23s is the level to learn it. Start to actually learn tactics, learn how to be resolute defensively. Not always pretty but players need to learn it to play senior football. Joyce was great at it. The thing with Sbragia is he can't even set up a team to defend a corner. His setups leak goals while having no cohesion in attack. Literally brings nothing to the table.

khoazany

He's an entertaining player for sure, fit with what we are doing under Ole. I think he was under appreciated because of the other players we have (Gomes, Chong and Gribbin before that).

In Rainbows

This would suggest that Mckenna told Ole about him right? Sbragia must not think highly of him for god knows what reason.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I think its sad we let this one go. Has anyone here any insight into why we did so? I thought he played really well for a time and just didn't seem to be of priority in the under 21's and lacked chances to play there. Seemed a bit unfair and weird based on his prior performances honestly.

I think he'll play for a PL side soon enough anyways so good luck to him. Wonderful little player I thought.

jb8521

I think its sad we let this one go. Has anyone here any insight into why we did so? I thought he played really well for a time and just didn't seem to be of priority in the under 21's and lacked chances to play there. Seemed a bit unfair and weird based on his prior performances honestly.

I think he'll play for a PL side soon enough anyways so good luck to him. Wonderful little player I thought.
I think with the increased standards in players coming through & better recruitment there will be a lot of very talented leaving as well because there just isn't enough space for them all to get a proper chance.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I think with the increased standards in players coming through & better recruitment there will be a lot of very talented leaving as well because there just isn't enough space for them all to get a proper chance.
Yep, was actually just speaking to a mate yesterday saying the same thing in regards to Aidy Barlow. Fantastic little player himself, who if he came through just a couple years ago with that weaker group would have been the star and highly touted. As it is he's been stuck behind someone like Angel and doesn't get much attention. Similar story for a player like DJ.

Although I think there was something going on there where Sbragia didn't like him.