Music DJ Mixes (CAF members or otherwise)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This just popped up on a YouTube mix for me. Haven't heard this in years. Anyone remember this seminal advert for the 303? @Raoul, thinking you might...

It’s an old classic. The Josh Wink version which came out in the mid 90s was the best imo.

Edit. I think this is that version.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If its the acid tweaking funk mix of the track that's the classic. Saw him playing it at a rave in the 90s and it blew up. Total legendary track
The remix that moved the most bodies was that one.

There was apparently a white press of a deep house remix of HSOC circa 1997. Been searching for it over the past couple of days to no avail.

Conor

Anyone still on vinyl? Are 1200/1210s worth it? Thinking about upgrading, but the prices are pretty crazy.

Conor

I bought Pioneers PLX1000s and to me they're as good as 1210s and you save a few hundred. I didn't want or need the bells and whistles of more digitally focussed decks. Have CDJs (well, Denons) for that.
I have PLX500s, I have read a few things online warning against PLX1000s, what made you go with those over Reloop RP 7000s?

Drawfull

I have PLX500s, I have read a few things online warning against PLX1000s, what made you go with those over Reloop RP 7000s?
Before the Denons I had Pioneers CDJs so went with Pioneer, and I also had a pair of the lowest level direct drive Reloops for a while whilst I thought I didn't want vinyl any more (name escapes me) and didn't like them, but I can't speak for the 7000. I've had no issues with the decks at all, but have seen negatives posted online too (some moaning about internal quality and a video review where he had feedback loop issues at very loud volumes), although that hasn't affected me.

I also haven't used any of the recent 1210s, my comparison was based on decks 15-20 years ago and the Pioneers fit the bill for me. I didn't really play vinyl for a few years so missed a lot, and I'm happy with the purchase with one caveat: I'd prefer a physical stop at 0% even if it was just for feel and didn't actually do anything, that's my only real negative - is it the same on the 500s?

Conor

Before the Denons I had Pioneers CDJs so went with Pioneer, and I also had a pair of the lowest level direct drive Reloops for a while whilst I thought I didn't want vinyl any more (name escapes me) and didn't like them, but I can't speak for the 7000. I've had no issues with the decks at all, but have seen negatives posted online too (some moaning about internal quality and a video review where he had feedback loop issues at very loud volumes), although that hasn't affected me.

I also haven't used any of the recent 1210s, my comparison was based on decks 15-20 years ago and the Pioneers fit the bill for me. I didn't really play vinyl for a few years so missed a lot, and I'm happy with the purchase with one caveat: I'd prefer a physical stop at 0% even if it was just for feel and didn't actually do anything, that's my only real negative - is it the same on the 500s?
That's strange, as there is a stop at 0% on the PLX500s! I would be buying old 12xxs alright, mk2 most likely. The more I read about them the more I wonder if it's worth it though, the price of replacement parts seems to have gone through the roof in the last 5 years, since they stopped making stuff. They are iconic though :drool:

Drawfull

That's strange, as there is a stop at 0% on the PLX500s! I would be buying old 12xxs alright, mk2 most likely. The more I read about them the more I wonder if it's worth it though, the price of replacement parts seems to have gone through the roof in the last 5 years, since they stopped making stuff. They are iconic though :drool:
Well that's unfair, but it's the same on SC6000s too: no stop. I suppose the rationale on the decks is because you can set 0 anywhere, it doesn't need it per se. And obviously on the CD decks, there's a big effing screen that shows everything you need to cheat mix.

I hear you on the Technics. I was a bit gutted about my Mk2s: When I emigrated, I left them with a mate (I travelled very light and didn't think I'd want them) and they've long since been got rid of. They were battered, but worked perfectly.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

One more from me, play, like, follow, all that good stuff ;)

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some nice tracks on there, specifically...

Sun-El Musician - Uhuru (with Azana) - Frigid Armadillo Remix
Frigid Armadillo - Humanity
Drega - Ingxaki Zinintsi
Yeah there's some bangers among the mistakes :lol:
Thanks

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Anyone use the Mixcloud app? If so, has it been total shit for you recently as well even after reinstalling it?

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Yep. It's the only place I can listen to old Rabbit in the Moon & Dubtribe sets & it is maddening everytime it shits the bed.
Generally I listen in the car, so when it randomly stops, I'm then not watching the road while trying to get the fecking thing started again. Not sure what they've done, but if there were a good rival service, I'd be looking at that now

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This popped into my feed yesterday, it’s absolutely beautiful (except for the damn incessant ads)…

backofthenet

In case anyone fancies listening...

1 Cumulus Khen
2 Floating Wonders Weekend Heroes & Cadillac Express
3 Turning Away (alternate mix) Christoph & Ross Quinn
4 Namai Lio Q
5 So Free Double Touch & Reigan
6 Control Me Anden
7 Falling From The Dream Aldebaran ft Filippo Nardini
8 Far Behind Nils Hoffmann ft Panama
9 Horizon Red (Pete's Dub) Made By Pete ft Zoe Kypri
10 Storm Double Touch & Reigan
11 Never Been Gorge Hewek, Makebo & Amonita
12 I Want You (Frankie Shakes mix) HAUMS
13 Innocense (Triucid Extended mix) Kamilo Sanclemente & Giovanny Aparico
14 Some Kind Of Way (Alfonso Muchacho mix) Matan Caspi
15 Great Beyond Anden
16 Between The Lines (Paradoks mix) Modera ft Lewyn

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Stumbled upon this YT page the other day…

https://youtube.com/@MixtapeMagic

Been quite impressed with the quality & artists, mainly American & somewhat concentrated on the left coast with collectives like Om & Funky Techno Tribe. Genres include house (multiple types), drum & bass / jungle, electro, breaks, & down tempo / ambient.

Worth a gander.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Stumbled upon this YT page the other day…

https://youtube.com/@MixtapeMagic

Been quite impressed with the quality & artists, mainly American & somewhat concentrated on the left coast with collectives like Om & Funky Techno Tribe. Genres include house (multiple types), drum & bass / jungle, electro, breaks, & down tempo / ambient.

Worth a gander.

Great channel! I actually know that guy from back in the day. He's a cool person.

F-Red

In case anyone fancies listening...

1 Cumulus Khen
2 Floating Wonders Weekend Heroes & Cadillac Express
3 Turning Away (alternate mix) Christoph & Ross Quinn
4 Namai Lio Q
5 So Free Double Touch & Reigan
6 Control Me Anden
7 Falling From The Dream Aldebaran ft Filippo Nardini
8 Far Behind Nils Hoffmann ft Panama
9 Horizon Red (Pete's Dub) Made By Pete ft Zoe Kypri
10 Storm Double Touch & Reigan
11 Never Been Gorge Hewek, Makebo & Amonita
12 I Want You (Frankie Shakes mix) HAUMS
13 Innocense (Triucid Extended mix) Kamilo Sanclemente & Giovanny Aparico
14 Some Kind Of Way (Alfonso Muchacho mix) Matan Caspi
15 Great Beyond Anden
16 Between The Lines (Paradoks mix) Modera ft Lewyn
Nice mix, that Cristoph track is class.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
This is one of my friends mix, it's pretty good and the amount of work he puts into these just for his own pleasure is actually insane!

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Really liked that mix. You could tell loads of thought had gone into the tune selection
I'll let him know,

I know he spends hours coming up with the tune selections, he was going on about how he has been working out the key of each track as well.
Got to commend DJs who put that much effort in.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Speaking of Pete Tong, I finally found this Scott Hardkiss gem. Not the best quality, but it encapsulates the multi-faceted house scene in the mid 90s very well. Taken from us far too early. RIP...

Last edited:

backofthenet

Speaking of Pete Tong, I finally found this Scott Hardkiss gem. Not the best quality, but it encapsulates the multi-faceted house scene in the mid 90s very well. Taken from us far too early. RIP...

Oh god, Sasha - Direct Me and BT's version of Not Over Yet in three tunes? I'm all for it! Absolute piece of me from the 90s