Music DJ Mixes (CAF members or otherwise)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Oh god, Sasha - Direct Me and BT's version of Not Over Yet in three tunes? I'm all for it! Absolute piece of me from the 90s
Toss in Rabbit in the Moon ‘Out of Body Experience’ & God Within (Hardkiss Bros.) ‘Raincry’ et al & you have the spine of a league winning team.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As someone who has only ever mixed using two turntables and vinyl records I’ve always felt that the young ‘uns taking digital shortcuts are kind of cheating. But then someone sent me this clip. Which is a whole new level of skill. Reel to reel. Amazing.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
As someone who has only ever mixed using two turntables and vinyl records I’ve always felt that the young ‘uns taking digital shortcuts are kind of cheating. But then someone sent me this clip. Which is a whole new level of skill. Reel to reel. Amazing.

That is insanely difficult. I've enjoyed over the last few years the joys of digital mixing, and yes its bloody easy in comparison to turntables and vinyl... but reels???! Different ballgame again. Much respect to him

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
These are quite good...

Just watched this one. What a tune.

Didn't realise they filmed the video at Gatecrasher. That brings back memories.

I'm worried that if I watch too many more of these I'll end up buying another pair of 1210s :D

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Another pop up in my thread today, haven't heard it in years. It was so much fun seeing this guy play live in the dingiest of locales in SF in the late 90s. This cat (& Dubtribe) helped define the West Coast San Francisco scene at the time. A tad underrated imo...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Creative Thieves 'Nasty Rhythm' (Sasha's mix) is a hook for me; if it's in a set, I'll definitely listen to the whole thing. Sasha is simply on point here. Something to bob your head to while trying to forget the past few hours...

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Another simply sublime early Sasha set, so many anthems in here from Massive Attack to Orbital to Leftfield to Last Rhythm. Don't know what I searched to keep getting these early Sasha sets but I am glad I did...

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Another simply sublime early Sasha set, so many anthems in here from Massine Attack to Orbital to Leftfield to Last Rhythm. Don't know what I searched to keep getting these early Sasha sets but I am glad I did...

My hometown.

Superunknown

I'm at that stage in my life where I want to learn everything to do with music. I can play guitar, bass, and drums, and I've got a few musical projects going - some by myself, some with others. I've got an AKAI MPK Mini and have dabbled in a few bits of electronic music here and there, but nothing too serious and not for too long. However, I've decided that this is an area that I want to at least know more about. I want to become a more rounded musician. Electronic music/keyboard/synth/piano/DJing is something that I'm not all that familiar with, but I've always found it quite interesting. After a lot of thought, I've bought a Pioneer DDJ-200 off Amazon. I went for that model because my wife convinced me that it was a reasonable price point, where I could at least test the waters to see if it was something that I would enjoy. No point shelling out a lot more for something I may not click with. I did look at the DDJ-400, but they seem impossible to get these days for a good price, and I looked at the Rev series, but I thought I'm better off going the same route I went with when I started playing guitar and drums, which was to just get playing with something first, and I could always upgrade afterwards.

I've spent all day playing around and I'm in love. It's fun as feck! :drool: I can tell that this is going to be a time sucker. I'm finding that the rhythm work I've done for years with drums is coming in handy here. Really enjoying it.

Conor

I'm at that stage in my life where I want to learn everything to do with music. I can play guitar, bass, and drums, and I've got a few musical projects going - some by myself, some with others. I've got an AKAI MPK Mini and have dabbled in a few bits of electronic music here and there, but nothing too serious and not for too long. However, I've decided that this is an area that I want to at least know more about. I want to become a more rounded musician. Electronic music/keyboard/synth/piano/DJing is something that I'm not all that familiar with, but I've always found it quite interesting. After a lot of thought, I've bought a Pioneer DDJ-200 off Amazon. I went for that model because my wife convinced me that it was a reasonable price point, where I could at least test the waters to see if it was something that I would enjoy. No point shelling out a lot more for something I may not click with. I did look at the DDJ-400, but they seem impossible to get these days for a good price, and I looked at the Rev series, but I thought I'm better off going the same route I went with when I started playing guitar and drums, which was to just get playing with something first, and I could always upgrade afterwards.

I've spent all day playing around and I'm in love. It's fun as feck! :drool: I can tell that this is going to be a time sucker. I'm finding that the rhythm work I've done for years with drums is coming in handy here. Really enjoying it.
If you like mixing, eventually I would recommend getting decks and a mixer. So much more enjoyable, especially if you're just doing it for yourself.