Djed Spence

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Few times watched Forest been 2/3 players stood out quality wise that look a level above and he is certainly one of them. Whether he is ready for such a big move is another thing.

I think or right back signing is quite an awkward one. Bissaka looks like being moved on, DAlot certainly should be which would leave us with the promising youngster Laird and of course WIlliams is another option though more left sided....but are either of them ready?

With that in mind, wonder if a young inexperienced player is the answer?

Saying that my first choice was Livaramento, gutted to see him get a bad injury, the other was Gusto who I think is massively talented but did look very raw against West Ham, not surprising so young

Scholsey2004

Few times watched Forest been 2/3 players stood out quality wise that look a level above and he is certainly one of them. Whether he is ready for such a big move is another thing.

I think or right back signing is quite an awkward one. Bissaka looks like being moved on, DAlot certainly should be which would leave us with the promising youngster Laird and of course WIlliams is another option though more left sided....but are either of them ready?

With that in mind, wonder if a young inexperienced player is the answer?

Saying that my first choice was Livaramento, gutted to see him get a bad injury, the other was Gusto who I think is massively talented but did look very raw against West Ham, not surprising so young
Laird is struggling to get game time at Bournemouth. He isnt going to be any kind of solution for us any time soon.

Skills

Snitch
If we are to sign 5-6 players this summer, we'll need a couple of them to be sub 20m. Hopefully this can be one of them

userman

Not seen him play, but according to whoscored the vast majority of his matches has been as a RWB or even as a RM? His compilations on YouTube suggest the same. Could he realistically be a RB-alternative for us?

Last edited:

kode

Vanderson from Monaco for me, Paul Mitchel could bring him if he is to come as Head of recruitement

Jezpeza

How good is he compared to Ethan Laird?
precisely. I dont think he's markedly better. Is he £15m better or do you keep that in the bank for a better one and use Laird? Also, my mates a Birmingham fan and was raving about the performances of Chong on loan from us there. We’ve all seen Chong in a Utd shirt. Its one thing to look flashy in the championship and another to be top class PL level

BlahRules

precisely. I dont think he's markedly better. Is he £15m better or do you keep that in the bank for a better one and use Laird? Also, my mates a Birmingham fan and was raving about the performances of Chong on loan from us there. We’ve all seen Chong in a Utd shirt. It's one thing to look flashy in the championship and another to be top class PL level
Chong played as a winger for United whilst Birmingham has been an attacking midfielder. Maybe he is more of a midfielder than a winger? A lot of championship players are adapting life to EPL with ease.

Blood Mage

Never heard of him or seen him play but if he's a talented wing-back who supports United get him fecking signed.

Walters_19_MuFc

He's been fantastic everytime I've watched him, which admittedly isn't a lot. The few games I have watched him, however, have been against Premier League opposition in the FA Cup.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I've got a mate who's a ST holder for Boro and he doesn't understand why he's getting so much attention. Doesn't rate him at all and says he has a poor attitude.

jesperjaap

Vanderson from Monaco for me, Paul Mitchel could bring him if he is to come as Head of recruitement
Yeah saw him on a youtube video of Brazils best young talents and he looked amazign in the video, googled him and saw he moved to Monaco in January. WAtched him a couple of times since, like anybody, didnt look like the youtube video but he loos a really excitign player, was playing further forward for them, but he does look a real talent to look out for

jesperjaap

Laird is struggling to get game time at Bournemouth. He isnt going to be any kind of solution for us any time soon.
That was exactly my point, if we clear out our two poor right backs we are left with Laird and Williams......would make signing a young inexperienced full back all the more of a gamble

Lentwood

This is the type of signing that we never had to make under SAF - instead we would wait for him to go to a PL team and see how he developed.

We don't really have that luxury now. If players like Spence move and do well, they will cost £40m+

I saw another poster compare him to Laird - from the 3/4 games I have seen he is well ahead of Laird. Whether he is ready to be our starting RB is another matter, but certainly we need to be looking at this type of player.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
For the quoted price, shouldn't we be all over this 12 to 15 mil sounds like a steal .
Even if the worst happened and he turned to shit we could just loan him or get rid as he would still be pretty cheap so most can afford.
Not a big financial risk for the club tbh.

This is how its always been don't believe otherwise.

Last edited:

Santos J

I've got a mate who's a ST holder for Boro and he doesn't understand why he's getting so much attention. Doesn't rate him at all and says he has a poor attitude.
It's not hard to see why a 21 year old who's been the best right back in the Championship this year and played great vs PL opposition is getting a lot of attention tbf, Warnock loaned him out to sort himself out and under Cooper he seems to have done just that, he's had no attitude issues at Forest.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He's been fantastic everytime I've watched him, which admittedly isn't a lot. The few games I have watched him, however, have been against Premier League opposition in the FA Cup.
He seems to be more of a dribbler than a playmaker. I think we need the latter in both fullback positions.
I watched him once, against Liverpool, because he was reportedly high on our (Bayern's) list of potential right backs (now it seems Mazraoui will be signed).

Funnily, I wasn't so much impressed by his attacking game, he is lightening fast but didn't seem a particularly refined dribbler, rather relying on his immense pace to run in a straight forward line. It's likely though, seeing that the opponent was Liverpool, that the attacking side of his game was underrepresented in this massive sample size of one game..
What seemed rather remarkable to me though was his timing and anticipation in terms of defensive positioning and duels. He anticipated runs, was in the right place, won challenges etc.

Maybe he could be a more defensively sound Hakimi-type to your Sancho.

Is there any particular reason he's so cheap if he's that good? I know the AWB deal might have skewed my sense of what a young English fullback should cost but still, it doesn't seem like much.
15m for a young full back from a second division is not cheap.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
For the quoted price, shouldn't we be all over this 12 to 15 mil sounds like a steak.
Even if the worst happened and he turned to shit we could just loan him or get rud as he would still be pretty cheap so most can afford.
Not a big financial risk for the club tbh.
It's rare that a post is as well done as this....

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Good player but he's more of a wingback in a 5 than a RB right?
Don't worry about that. Ten Hag is known for his positional retraining prowess. If he's managed to turn an AM into a CB before, I'm sure he'll figure something out in Djed's case. It will be like a djedja vu for him.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Don't worry about that. Ten Hag is known for his positional retraining prowess. If he's managed to turn an AM into a CB before, I'm sure he'll figure something out in Djed's case. It will be like a djedja vu for him.
Who?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is this true? Who has he done? It's just something I'm excited to see if true.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Brentford linked with this guy too - concern for me and probably something to consider if United are actually looking at him is the stories about his attitude problems. Left Foolham and loaned out by Boro cos of them allegedly....

Ekeke

Good young player but do keep in mind Garner is playing just as well for Forest so if theres a place in the first team for Spence there should be for Garner too. However given thats the case, Garner can probably give a character reference for him and help us make the deal if we want it. He's a strong runner down the right side who likes a dribble, has 4 assists which isnt amazing end product for an attacking right wingback/right midfielder in a top 3 championship team. Think he'd be more of a Valencia than an Alexander Arnold, making progress and running the ball forward but not with the final ball of an Alexander Arnold or Reece James. At 21 he's obviously got plenty of time to improve

Welbeckham

Purely based on the video, he looks like a pretty good runner and dribbler, but his passing and crossing doesn’t look good enough for the absolute top level. There’s probably a reason why so many of those clips are cut short when he’s about to make a pass. Usually those things are pretty hard to improve significantly, good passers and crossers already have it when they are young.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Good young player but do keep in mind Garner is playing just as well for Forest so if theres a place in the first team for Spence there should be for Garner too. However given thats the case, Garner can probably give a character reference for him and help us make the deal if we want it. He's a strong runner down the right side who likes a dribble, has 4 assists which isnt amazing end product for an attacking right wingback/right midfielder in a top 3 championship team. Think he'd be more of a Valencia than an Alexander Arnold, making progress and running the ball forward but not with the final ball of an Alexander Arnold or Reece James. At 21 he's obviously got plenty of time to improve

He looks ok but AWB was performing similarly while playing at a higher level before we signed him.

Both highlights, as is usually the case with the these, rely heavily on the editing. The makers always seem to cut it the moment there's a loose pass, shot or basic individual error. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.